Melbourne Football

Round 23 | 2:30pm Sunday, March 3rd | Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Jimmy

With just five more games until finals the home stretch starts with this game. We have to put this away record to bed here if we're to make the finals. Phoenix are bottom of the table and this is an away game for them as well, we really should be winning this and finishing off their season.

Sydney and Newcastle are on the same amount of points as us and the Roar are just two points behind. Every game is like a final now.

Melbourne to win 4-0.

Edited by Jimmy

Big game needed from all the boys. Hopefully New Zealand doesn't throw up too much wacky weather for us to deal with,

Hopefully it does.. I would be more than happy than to leave with a scrappy nil-nil result.

a nil-nil game is pretty much a loss for us. we want and need a win. should never be happy with a draw against bottom a of the table team,

Edited by MrAiDaN66

Big game needed from all the boys. Hopefully New Zealand doesn't throw up too much wacky weather for us to deal with,

Hopefully it does.. I would be more than happy than to leave with a scrappy nil-nil result.

a nil-nil game is pretty much a loss for us. we want and need a win. should never be happy with a draw against bottom a of the table team,

No, a loss would be a loss for us. Lets face it we're probably going to lose this game, our away form is miserable at best and a point should keep us in the top 6 for another week.

No, a loss would be a loss for us. Lets face it we're probably going to lose this game, our away form is miserable at best and a point should keep us in the top 6 for another week.

:droy: :droy: This week, we must win, we should never say a draw is alright, Wellington i last, and they deserve to be. we do not want to be on the fringe of finals every week. We need to win, and thats it.

If we draw or lose its a dissapointment,

:droy: :droy: This week, we must win, we should never say a draw is alright, Wellington i last, and they deserve to be. we do not want to be on the fringe of finals every week. We need to win, and thats it.

We clearly have different opinions here you clown. I'm just being realistic and not living in some over-optimistic land that it seems alot of heart fans live in.. Even JA admitted that a draw would be a good result over there.

We clearly have different opinions here you clown. I'm just being realistic and not living in some over-optimistic land that it seems alot of heart fans live in.. Even JA admitted that a draw would be a good result over there.

If you read what I wrote properly, you would see I used the words "must" and "need"

I never said we WILL win . Plain and simple, we SHOULD win.

Edited by MrAiDaN66

Herbert resigned and we all know what happens when a new coach comes in. We saw it with PG V CCM a few weeks back.

Hope we can buck the trend.

If you actually look at the stats for this "Phenomenon” u would discover that:

A. It does not exist.

And

B. The overwhelming majority of team’s actually lose the next week.

Edited by cadete

This is a HUGE opportunity for Melbourne Heart. I can't see Newcastle winning in Wellington or Melbourne this week. Given the performances of Perth lately, i wouldn't be surprised if Sydney drew over there or even lost. Brisbane will also be doing it tough in Adelaide.

This could be the round that we really put pressure on the other three teams and make them chase us for a finals spot.

I honestly can't see Newcastle making finals given their two aforementioned fixtures, i can see them getting zero or perhaps one point out of six. If we get a result here and bring something back from our trip to Brisbane, i think we'll be very good odds to make the finals. A huge two weeks, and a huge match.

Herbert resigned and we all know what happens when a new coach comes in. We saw it with PG V CCM a few weeks back.

Hope we can buck the trend.

If you actually look at the stats for this "Phenomenon” u would discover that:

A. It does not exist.

And

B. The overwhelming majority of team’s actually lose the next week.

Interestingly, its 2 Wins and 2 Loses the week after for the coaches that have gone this season so far.

This is a HUGE opportunity for Melbourne Heart. I can't see Newcastle winning in Wellington or Melbourne this week. Given the performances of Perth lately, i wouldn't be surprised if Sydney drew over there or even lost. Brisbane will also be doing it tough in Adelaide.

This could be the round that we really put pressure on the other three teams and make them chase us for a finals spot.

I honestly can't see Newcastle making finals given their two aforementioned fixtures, i can see them getting zero or perhaps one point out of six. If we get a result here and bring something back from our trip to Brisbane, i think we'll be very good odds to make the finals. A huge two weeks, and a huge match.

You make some good points about how important this week's game is to us,

But lets not forget just like the other teams attempting to make up the numbers in the finals we also have some tough matches on our road home too:

Mainly CCM in Gosford and WSW at Home will not be easy either...

But lets not forget just like the other teams attempting to make up the numbers in the finals we also have some tough matches on our road home too:

I don't think any of our matches are easy for rest of year

Wellington isn't an easy place to go

Adelaide are a top 4 side

WSW are top 2 side

Brisbane have quality, and it's there

CCM to finish off

I don't think any of our matches are easy for rest of year

Wellington isn't an easy place to go

Adelaide are a top 4 side

WSW are top 2 side

Brisbane have quality, and it's there

CCM to finish off

Yep, its a tense ride home...

Has anyone got any information saying Tadic will return? Haven't heard anything this week.

Isn't he was at the very least another week away?

Even if he can return this week, with a capable CF like Eli in the team I cant see how any coach would not ease Josip back into the team by having him on the bench for his first match back...

Probley will be a pretty stock standard starting lineup again, (not that its a bad thing)

Redmayne

Coyne Colosimo Gerhart Walker

Germano Thompson Kalmar

Garcia Babelj Williams

Gerhart in for Vrankovic would be my only change,

Would like to see Muwiss to replace Thompson in the starting 11 though

Edited by millm103

If we can win this week, it will release the shackles and I think will create a momentum for us heading towards the finals.

I am confident at home we can win both games. Win against Wellington and draw against Brisbane should almost guarantee Finals going into CCM. Pressure will be off for that game for preparations for Finals.

Will be hard, but no matter who we played we'd be saying the same thing. Destiny is ours.