Melbourne Football

David Carney

InMyHeart

Carney is a fucking shit LB.

Remember this incident?

699720-david-carney.jpg

That was heartbreaking, I remember he was just in no mans land. I'd rather try and find another young player to fill the gap at LB and develop him, but with that said I would be reasonably happy to see Carney play aslong as doesn't get marquee wages. Btw, what's the deal with Mitchinson? JA seems to have no faith in him, for memory he played quite well whilst Aziz was on international duty.

I hate David Carney but unfortunately we'd have to look at him. Better option than Hoffman and only if he takes a wage of $100k or less. Is he clubless?

I know he got cut from his Uzbekistan club (the ones that Adelaide played in ACL - Bunyikor or something like that)

and I believe he is clubless

• 6 months later...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/socceroos/socceroos-captain-lucas-neill-in-talks-with-japanese-j-league-team-omiya-ardija/story-e6frf4l3-1226696800387#.UgrSnaLfD9o

Meanwhile, Osieck has emerged as a key player in David Carney’s dramatic move to join MLS side New York Red Bulls.

After almost a year without a club, Carney was unveiled last Friday by Tim Cahill’s club side, signing a deal worth an annual $144,000 according to the MLS salary list. 

“The manager of Australia is a very close friend of mine and I discussed (Carney’s) situation with Holger Osiek, and obviously discussed them with Tim (Cahill) because he has been Tim’s teammate on many occasions,” Roxburgh said. 

“The boy's got quality. He provides what we are looking for. We need depth on the left hand side and he can play either fullback or midfield, even as a winger. 

“We will have to make sure we check him out right away but what we do know is that he is an athlete, he is naturally fit.”

Osieck appeared to give up on Carney at the start of the year, but has failed to deepen his options at left back since.

Glad he's signed for Franchise FC. The A-League saved his career and he's never looked to give anything back.

Terrible bloke who is ashamed of his roots or misguided, both to the detriment of his Socceroo career.

Can you blame him when s many in this thread as an example lack basic respect for the bloke and his abilities?

I laugh at how many people turn there nose at players who are easily A-league standard,

This being an example of such a player who has signed for one of the MLS's bigger clubs.

Good luck to him

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...