Melbourne Football

MHFC Reserves - State League Two

LR9

So Youth team out in Epping, Reserves team

Out in Epping, you would think we are setting up shop out that way.....

Wonder if these new facilities will be done at LaTrobe? Could we be making Epping home? It's a growing area that's for sure. Fair distance from the city though.

Onto the news well fantastic! Awesome! Heart all year round! Yarraside 365!

Good decision from the club!

• Like 1

Wonder if these new facilities will be done at LaTrobe? Could we be making Epping home? It's a growing area that's for sure. Fair distance from the city though.

Thought the same thing, fair amount of space next to the stadium I've just seen from Google maps. Does this mean the plans for a W-League team would be put on the backburner?

Cadete and I were discussing this on Saturday. He said the local and federal government would be more likely to invest in a growing area like that.

You have Epping, South Morrang, Mernda, Doreen, Wallan, Roxy and Cragieburn all near by which are expanding quickly which provide new opportunities for the club.

And the facilities there are already pretty good, you have the best surface in the state outside of AAMI Park and there are already 3-4 full sized training pitches installed. There is also a substantial amount of land nearby to expand on it.

TNH, a deal my have already been struck, with the club already moving the remaining youth games for the season there.

Cadete and I were discussing this on Saturday. He said the local and federal government would be more likely to invest in a growing area like that.

You have Epping, South Morrang, Mernda, Doreen, Wallan, Roxy and Cragieburn all near by which are expanding quickly which provide new opportunities for the club.

And the facilities there are already pretty good, you have the best surface in the state outside of AAMI Park and there are already 3-4 full sized training pitches installed. There is also a substantial amount of land nearby to expand on it.

TNH, a deal my have already been struck, with the club already moving the remaining youth games for the season there.

Yeah have my suspicions! Think something is happening and we will get an announcement soon, maybe at the Fan Forum?

Like you said, a rapidly growing area filled with young families. This is not about destinuishing ourselves as a Northern Melbourne team, it's just a training base. But it is not the worst area to target for fans!

On the State League team, think its brilliant! So Senior side, Youth side, State side, Futsal side maybe a women's side.....

Love it!

Just to add to Buddy's post, read an article the other day which said South Morang was the fastest growing suburb in Australia. So definitely a growing area. They need to fix that road to the stadium though, goes from 2 lanes to 1 lane just before a roundabout and results in serious congestion.

Yeah South Morang is rapidly growing but that whole area is amazing in its growth. Went to Craigieburn and could not believe how a) big the place is B) how much it has developed!

That whole growth area is good if you can appeal to it. Having a side out there and doing community work will help.

Edited by Melburnian

Epping has been identified as a Growth Corridor by the State Government for some time... so its a logical move and IMO a good one as far attracting kids and family.

I think you guys might be right about governments being more likely to fund developments in new growth areas. I think Richmond (AFL) has built a facility in Cragieburn, while Melbourne (AFL) also has that new ground in Cranbourne, even though neither club are based there. I'm sure government would've provided funds for those.

Edited by Sash

Epping has been identified as a Growth Corridor by the State Government for some time... so its a logical move and IMO a good one as far attracting kids and family.

I think you guys might be right about governments being more likely to fund developments in new growth areas. I think Richmond (AFL) has built a facility in Cragieburn, while Melbourne (AFL) also has that new ground in Cranbourne, even though neither club are based there. I'm sure government would've provided funds for those.

Spot on.

I am thinking this is in the works. Need to build a state of the art training base there, open it to public during times (gym, pool etc) and create that community feel.

Definitely want to build an alround club from Academy to Youth team, FFV side, Women's side, Futsal side and of course the Senior side.

would be great to see this team be playing in the VPL in a couple of years

once this team gets into the VPL, it could be a great way to trial foreigners in the a-league off season

Hate to be a killjoy - But I think you guys are underestimating the kind of money that is spent to keep VPL teams in the top division...

Would first team players be eligible to play? Obviously not players like Garcia and Fred but players who would benefit like Mitchinson, Vrankovic, Mauk and maybe Macalister?

This is great news though, I actually fist pumped when I read it. I now have a state league team to support and it's going to be great supporting Heart in a proper league with promotion and relegation. Maybe we'll finally win some silverware!

Also inb4 Victory copy us and do the same thing.

So now can we please keep Zac Walker?

Didn't he just sign on at Dandy Thunder?

Yes - Because he would get paid a lot more there, than as an over age player not on a senior contract playing SL2 soccer for MHFC.

Perhaps this move could see Duchess return from the UK and back into the Heart Fold??? :hmm:

• Like 2

This is fantastic, exciting news in every aspect except the physical location of the stadium. Will be amazing to have a winter team to really support with some of the same faces we see in summer - plus promotion/relegation makes everything more interesting. The stadium itself is very nice too I have to say, cosy in the sense that you sit very close to the pitch, it's undercover so useful for winter, and the pitch is nice.

It's just an absolute bitch to get to. It's a good hour's drive from my place, and that's in fairly kind traffic. Worse, it's about 10 minutes DRIVE past Epping train station so if you're taking PT you're either in for a long walk or a taxi... not sure if there is a bus along that road. Tbh that's the type of thing government should fund if they're serious about supporting community development in a high growth suburb etc. Of course if there's already a bus that makes things easier but I doubt frequency would be high on a Sat or Sun!

Ah well, maybe we can organise Yarraside CarpoolingTM or something. Still a very exciting concept and I love seeing Heart make these kind of proactive and novel decisions.

• Like 3

Please don't be 3pm kickoff Saturdays :(

Fairly certain it will be.

I don't see the FFV giving us special treatment/rules so I think we'll be seeing a reserves team too, playing at 1pm. Will be interesting to see where we get so many players from if this turns out to be true.

not sure if there is a bus along that road.

There is a bus from memory but it's pretty infrequent and stops running quite earlier (something like 830pm)

So now can we please keep Zac Walker?

Didn't he just sign on at Dandy Thunder?

Yes, I don't know why we don't want him.

Because our football club believes it should play the same formation forever, and there is no role for a Striker like Zac in this formation...

At CF/Number Nine: He is too Short.

At AM/Number Ten: He is not Creative Enough.

At RW/Number Seven: He really Struggles to get Involved in the Play.

Ok, this is why you should research before you post.

Looks like I was completely wrong:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?c=1-8746-124122-247121-18543026&a=SFIX

No reserve team and all matches (bar one on a Tuesday) are Wednesday night games. At least it won't clash with my games...

Edited by Footballism
  • Like 1