Melbourne Football

Round 18 - FFANRMAIWSWFC v MHFC - Sat Jan 26 7.45pm

Caddy

Mauk, Edwards or Kalmar? Who would you like to replace Fred?

Personally, Mauk or Kalmar. I'd lean towards Mauk given he is signed up for senior team stuff next year.

Mauk has a massive amount of ability but he is not up to starting an a A League game as the Number 10 just yet...

I would move Garcia to the middle and put Gol Gol on the RW (As I believe he will be fit).

If Gol Gol is not playing I would go with Kalmar or Edwards.

• Like 1

Mauk, Edwards or Kalmar? Who would you like to replace Fred?

Personally, Mauk or Kalmar. I'd lean towards Mauk given he is signed up for senior team stuff next year.

Mauk has a massive amount of ability but he is not up to starting an a A League game as the Number 10 just yet...

I would move Garcia to the middle and put Gol Gol on the RW (As I believe he will be fit).

If Gol Gol is not playing I would go with Kalmar or Edwards.

I like Garcia far too much on the wing, but can understand the reasoning, particularly with the way he works with Tadic.

I think a lot will depend on Grella and his scenario, particularly if he is taking a bench spot or isn't ready yet.

If we can get a result up in Sydney's west we would have reduced to gap to fourth & a home final to 5pts with 9 games to go. A win would also give us a bit of breathing space on the chasing pack with:

Sydney playing Victory - you'd expect victory to atleast win or draw.

Perth playing Brisbane - a draw would be a perfect result, but even so only one of the two can pick up points otherwise.

Wellington vs Newcastle - Wellington win at home would be ideal but even Newcastle having a draw wouldn't be the worst result.

So we could go a potential 3-4pts clear of 6th of we win and other results go our way.

This game is HUGE. The players need to put all previous away form behind them and put in a shift like they did on Friday night.

• Like 2

That 2-1 loss to them is still very clear in my mind. Gerhardt handing them the game, Tadic's goal of the season.

Bridge can't keep scoring, Kresinger is a spud, Ono eats cats etc.

If I was JA my instructions for this game would be to have Tadic on Topor-Stanley's balls the whole game. Can see NTS becoming part of Jos' bitch club.

I think this game is huge test of our ability, they're on a hot streak of form atm so I would happily take a point and get out of there. Their central defence consisting of Toppor-Stanley and Beauchamp is crap IMO and if tadic is provided the right service he could do some damage. Last time in the second against this mob tadic was all over them and scored that peach of a volley ;). The defence will have to stay strong at the back because they have a few tricky players in hersi and haliti, I reckon we can beat them but would be happy with a draw! Come on you boys in red!

P.S... Will grella be making an appearance

That 2-1 loss to them is still very clear in my mind. Gerhardt handing them the game, Tadic's goal of the season.

Bridge can't keep scoring, Kresinger is a spud, Ono eats cats etc.

If I was JA my instructions for this game would be to have Tadic on Topor-Stanley's balls the whole game. Can see NTS becoming part of Jos' bitch club.

NTS is scoring goals these days...

:lawl::lawl::lawl:

I think it's a bad idea to play Mauk this week. I actually don't think it's his fault, it's the players around him and our 'style' late in away games. It really doesn't suit a raw AM. If we HAD to play him, I would actually want him to start, let him grow into it. IMO best to save him for a home game/next season.

I'd go with...

Redmayne

J.Walker- Gerhardt- Colosimo-Mitchinson

Germano-Thompson

Kalmar

Garcia- Tadic- Williams

Bolton, Golgol, Grella,Garuccio

I prefer Golgol over Kalmar but him being out for a couple of weeks makes him unlikely to start IMO. If he is right I'd swap him with Kalmar.

Would like Edwards (anyone who has technical ability) to be physically up to it if Grella/Golgol aren't right. Might need to go with D-Mac on the bench again.

Grella is likely to debut on the bench, apparently last week went through a 'gruelling' 60 min test and did a full training session with the squad today. Apparently he is expected to pull up fine and therefore will start on the bench.

seems like Fred forced JA's hand

Yeah the boys have been poor when playing away. It's a shame really considering we've been so good at home.

I've only just started getting involved in the heart community, but yeah am very keen to start getting to know the yarra side boys. So who's gonna be at the imperial to watch the wanderers game?

Grella is likely to debut on the bench, apparently last week went through a 'gruelling' 60 min test and did a full training session with the squad today. Apparently he is expected to pull up fine and therefore will start on the bench.

seems like Fred forced JA's hand

I think we'll miss beich more than fred IMO for this game. Would be really good if we could at least get a draw out of this game.

Kalmar confirmed at AM, Golgol out for another.

Squad:

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt - Colosimo - Mitchinson

Germano - Thompson

Kalmar

Garcia - Tadic - Williams

Bolton, Grella, Garuccio, Macalister

Out: Fred (inj), Golgol (inj), Mate (inj), Behich (sus), Hoffman (shit).

Edited by LR9