Melbourne Football

Melbourne FC vs Newcastle Jest - NYD 2pm.

MHFCRC

lol redmayne. its become clear his sole responsibility this season is it sit on the bench until bolton decides to retire.

No shit. How does a reserve Keeper usually work ?

Ok champ.

My point is that those calling for him to be given a shot are missing the point that the club will refuse to play him unless they have to through injury.

I think 4-5k maybe 5.5k will turn up. It's new years day. People have the day off and there are probably a lot of families planning to come. Results wouldn't really put them off because the kids will be excited no matter what.

If that many turn up, club would be thankful.

I think 3,200. Sure hoping for 5,500! And a win!

Sit down protest this game

Agree. We need all of yarraside to join in, when i last suggested this people laughed at me now, people are realising this is the only way to get through to the club.

Better not, especially on the 6th, bringing friends to the active area for the first time and how well do you think this introduction to real football would go down? Especially seeming I do nothing except talk up the passion of the yarraside

Do we have the lowest attendances in the league excluding the derby?

Does it matter?

We're not having a good season. Like any football club in such circumstances, crowd numbers drop.

We must have the most miserable supporters in the world if all we can talk about is what is wrong. I think we all know what is wrong.

I, for one, will be going to all the remaining home games. It's what I bought a membership for. To support my club.

I'm as pissed off as everyone else is, but I'm not going to stop supporting the Heart.

• Like 3

Do we have the lowest attendances in the league excluding the derby?

Does it matter?

We're not having a good season. Like any football club in such circumstances, crowd numbers drop.

We must have the most miserable supporters in the world if all we can talk about is what is wrong. I think we all know what is wrong.

I, for one, will be going to all the remaining home games. It's what I bought a membership for. To support my club.

I'm as pissed off as everyone else is, but I'm not going to stop supporting the Heart.

Calm down dude it was just a question. I will support and attend games regardless where they are on the ladder.

We have 3 things that kill us:

1- Biggest issue IMO, keeping possession. We play the counter style meaning we get less of it every week. We can't afford to be so sloppy when we get it. Hopefully Germano gets his fitness back and I think we should move Garcia back into midfield. It's a mess.

2- Going into our shells. Like anyone that cares for the Heart, it kills me when Aloisi or the team decide to do the uber bus. I have watched sides park the bus vs the top sides in Euro but has anyone seen anything like us with the Nix? I have heard that our misakes rather than our opponents good play lead to goals. When you have it in your defensive half/box for so long you are begging for a mistake.

3- Taking our chances. I don't mind when this is an issue, at least it means we are on top.

• Like 2

1- Biggest issue IMO, keeping possession. We play the counter style meaning we get less of it every week. We can't afford to be so sloppy when we get it. Hopefully Germano gets his fitness back and I think we should move Garcia back into midfield. It's a mess.

2- Going into our shells. Like anyone that cares for the Heart, it kills me when Aloisi or the team decide to do the uber bus. I have watched sides park the bus vs the top sides in Euro but has anyone seen anything like us with the Nix? I have heard that our misakes rather than our opponents good play lead to goals. When you have it in your defensive half/box for so long you are begging for a mistake.

3- Taking our chances. I don't mind when this is an issue, at least it means we are on top.

It seems I've reached my quota of likes for today. But I concur.

Our woeful second-half performances say to me that we are just not fit enough to go the distance at the pace required. Another reason why we go into our shells. No team should be giving up two-goal leads unless they are playing someone markedly better then they are. And that's not the case with us.

So I'd add fitness to your list.

Playing weak scratch teams in pre-season doesn't help mental or physical preparation either.

If this is like that Adelaide game last year, you won't even need to show a membership to get a free ticket, they will just be handing them out to anybody who wants one. We should try and get as many friends to come as possible. Not much else to do on New Year's Day!

There's always the races at Flemington......(just kidding).

Don't think the crowd will be good either but what can you really expect? If you play terrible football and don't win you will get terrible crowds.

Agree that it's time for Redmayne to play, should've played against Wellington IMO. Fred out also.

I'm not so sure the crowd will be small. I expect 7 to 8 thousand. There were a lot of people at last night's game who came to see Heskey who were turned away because GA sold out. Some of them will be back to see Heskey, knowing they will get in. I think we will get a decent crowd. By the way, I was part of that 2,700 crowd. It was midweek , wet and freezing. The only good thing about that the coffee queue was not large. Tuesday will be 24 degrees, the crowd will be a good one.

Squad announcement. http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Squad-Announcement-Round-14/56949

'Melbourne Heart v Newcastle Jets

Venue: AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-off: 4:00pm AEDT

Referee: Chris Beath

Assistant Referee 1: Hakan Anaz

Assistant Referee 2: Patrick Chaplin

Fourth Official: Brenton Hayward

Melbourne Heart Squad: 1.Clint Bolton (Gk), 2.Michael Marrone, 5.Fred ©, 8.Matthew Thompson, 9.Dylan Macallister, 10.Josip Tadic, 11.Richard Garcia, 13.Jonatan Germano,14.Golgol Mebrahtu,15.David Williams, 16.Aziz Behich, 17.Jason Hoffman,18.David Vrankovic, 20.Andrew Redmayne (Gk), 21.Steven Gray, 22.Nick Kalmar, 24.Sam Mitchinson, 25.Jeremy Walker, 26.Ersin Kaya

*four to be omitted

Ins: 4.Simon Colosimo (returns from suspension), 6.Patrick Gerhardt returns from suspension), 11.Richard Garcia (promoted), 16.Aziz Behich (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 19.Ben Garuccio, 23.Mate Dugandzic, 31.Vince Grella'

Everyone in including the kitchen sink.

Goodie....

All we need is our full team not together. Someone was saying we have good fitness and medicos. Bang up job these guys are doing. How many times have we had our best team on the park and how come we are the unfittest team in the league?

Club needs to invest money back into the team. Trying to do things on the cheap doesn't work!!!