Melbourne Football

Football Federation Australia National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited Insurance Westfied Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Melbourne Heart

Caddy

Gerhardt was a spud tonight, Colosimo terrible again should have been a penalty against him. Mitchinson played well fell away late ran out of steam. Behich was good on the wing. Garcia decent again. Tadic our best by a mile (this guy clearly has quality and the guys giving him stick are clueless lol Markn). Bring Fred in for hoffman (he doesn't get capitals in his name), Gray in for Simon and Grella in at cb for Gerhardt who should move to dm and we should be set.

I'd rather have a different option on the bench than DMac. The kid from the youth team looked decent in preseason and could play off Tadic. All in all a game of 2 halves really shit house first half and some good signs in the second.

• Like 1

We only looked better in the second half because the Wanders sat back to protect the lead.

The problem is not the coach. Almost every player shows a poor first touch, little commitment for the ball in the first half, poor pass accuracy and poor decision making - this is up to the players.

I disagree, the problem is the coach. The squad is good enough but they are directionless.

Yeah, I mean why don't we actually play people in the positions that they're used to or signed for? If Gray is that good to occupy a visa place, then play him at CB. Gerhardt was signed as the DM we had to sign before we signed anyone else, so play him there. Garcia played on the wing in the EPL for goodness sake - play him there. Tadic the no. 9 we had to have - play him there. Mate played well when he subbed for Fred in midfield - why not leave him there? Don't understand what the hell Aloisi is trying to do. Players are not going to want to play for Heart if we go on the way we're going.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Gerhardt was a spud tonight, Colosimo terrible again should have been a penalty against him. Mitchinson played well fell away late ran out of steam. Behich was good on the wing. Garcia decent again. Tadic our best by a mile (this guy clearly has quality and the guys giving him stick are clueless lol Markn). Bring Fred in for hoffman (he doesn't get capitals in his name), Gray in for Simon and Grella in at cb for Gerhardt who should move to dm and we should be set.

I'd rather have a different option on the bench than DMac. The kid from the youth team looked decent in preseason and could play off Tadic. All in all a game of 2 halves really shit house first half and some good signs in the second.

Agree with your comment on Colosimo. He does many good things but overall he's a liability to the team both in terms of cards and in fouls and penalties that he gives away. Hoffman offers little of value.

Spot on JW.

I stated at the dinner table pre-season I thought JA would be the first coach to get the sack, although I believed he should get a chance and have our support. It isn't looking good at the moment though. How can a squad with the quality we have be playing as poor as we are? It is time to step up - the season is almost 1/4 of the way through.

JA had better get it going soon or my dinner table prediction may well come true. I hope it won't and we will pick up but...

Bolton seems like he's doubting himself too much, wouldn't be fussed if Redders got a call up tbh. I think Bolton can see the end is near.

To me it's clear Gerhardt is just a huge liability. Start Gray next week please. Distribution should have been more urgent, rather than a fucking hopeless long ball from Gerhardt every time. Would like to see early balls to the feet of Garcia & Thompson (Who I thought was hopeless tonight, Shime should have been captain)

Mitchinson went straight back into his shell as soon as we went down. Shit attitude.

Garcia has been our best player this season. Dugandzic had one of the worst games I've seen him play. No confidence whatsoever.

Tadic was best on without a doubt. Wasn't easy to do what he did with the terrible service he was getting. Shouldn't have D-Mac & Tadic on the field at the same time.

Ref was terrible but that's not to blame as it was for both teams. All in all, Gerhardt out and I think we will be OK. Still think we can make the finals.

And of course Jason Hoffman. I can't even begin. May be the worst ever midfielder technically that I have ever seen in the A-League

I'm getting msgs from a few mates at the game that things kicked off big time. Apparently someone got a broken knee or leg??? or something along those lines. Sounds like it was a big blew.

There was a group of wanderbogans antagonising all game, and the security was pathetic. Good on the heart boys for standing up for themselves

• Like 2

Agree with your comment on Colosimo. He does many good things but overall he's a liability to the team both in terms of cards and in fouls and penalties that he gives away. Hoffman offers little of value.

You can't blame the coach for poor touch and poor decision making on the field. You can coach these things but in the end the players have to execute it. Too many turnovers, Colosimo could have given away yet another penalty tonight.

Also don't forget that we were missing:

Williams

Fred

Grella

Vrankovic

Garuccio

Germano

4 of those would be starting 11 players.

Last year we would have dispatched WSW to the rubbish bin playing some good possession. Under JA we've lost the ability to hold the ball and PG and Colosimo are simply intent on sinking the slipper into the ball. What the fck are we doing at practice?

This season more teams are pressing, this gives less time on the ball. It exposes problems like poor first touch, slow decision making and movement off the ball by other players in the team. Hence we struggle to play out and struggle to keep possession in midfield.

Last year we would have dispatched WSW to the rubbish bin playing some good possession. Under JA we've lost the ability to hold the ball and PG and Colosimo are simply intent on sinking the slipper into the ball. What the fck are we doing at practice?

we are doing a famous drill from my U9s where you have a partner and you both stand on either side of the field and kick it as long as you can to each other.

meanwhile gerhardt is on the side kicking own goals and pushing over little kids

• Like 2

You can't blame the coach for poor touch and poor decision making on the field. You can coach these things but in the end the players have to execute it.

Not directly, but indirectly you can. It's not as if it's the first time that the team has shown these weaknesses. So as a coach, the action you take is not to select those who are not performing. Many of these things the team showed all through the second half of last season, and in games 2-4 of this current season. So why persist into game 5? We are just not doing some of the basics of playing football, and we are just not learning from our mistakes. Five games into the season; we've already called up the two youngest members of the senior squad, and promoted one of the youth squad. Just shows what dire straits we're in.

This season is going to hinge on whether Aloisi has the nous and the balls to make some hard decisions, some of which are going to involve his mates, and if we don't improve, possibly on whether Peter Sidwell has the balls to make an equally hard decision.

Edited by jw1739

eastern europe?

yep massive fan of the smaller eastern european nations. once you start dominating your league you'll look at europe which is a big challenge but winning the champions leagues is probably one of the greatest satisfactions in life imvho

Edited by yelawolf

I'm getting msgs from a few mates at the game that things kicked off big time. Apparently someone got a broken knee or leg??? or something along those lines. Sounds like it was a big blew.

From where i was standing.. Your boys got their asses handed to them..

Good olde fashion argie bargie

Why did we only decide to play when we were 2-0 down?

We look good when we put our opposition under direct pressure, but why did it take so long to reach our stride?

The effort was better than last week, and bar our first game, it was probably one of our best.

But the result is still unacceptable.

How did we only just manage to field for tonights game considering we are five weeks into the season? Questions must be asked as to why we have such a small squad, considering the loss of players to national duty and injuries.