Melbourne Football

Week 15 (Mid Week) : Melbourne v Central Coast Mariners - 18 Jan - 7:30pm

Hammerhead

We could see Thomo or Germano at CB, would prefer the former, as Germano is more important to our Midfield structure.

Knowing that we play Brisbane in 3 days, I'd line up as follows.

Bolton

Marrone - Thompson - Hamill - Behich

Germano - Sarkies

Williams

Dugandzic - Hoffman - Worm

Undecided on Hoff or Willi at CF.

B: Mattei, Good, Terra, Maycon

I'm reading that Colosimo is out of the match squad tonight.

Our injury situation is ridiculous. By my reckoning we have Kalmar, Taseski, Srhoj, Colosimo and Fred all out. Babalj out for one game because of soreness, and Germano probably coming back a bit too soon. Zahra not ready to return yet. Add to that Sarkies, Williams, Ibrahim all underdone wrt to match fitness.

As well as Reid - that's if we really have signed him - we probably need a few more as well.

If we can make the top six after this we'll have done bloody well.

You've gotta be realistic here, seriously they way of winning against the top team the way we've been playing in the last few weeks we have 0% chance of getting a point, No Fred=No Melbourne Heart. I reckon a 3-1 loss & Worm to score, with Bolton being best on ground saving us on many occasions. Well as long as they show Heart I'll be happy.

Well that sucked balls but fuck we played well! Terra and Worm were fucking awesome, as was Germano. Alex has scored himself in the starting XI for now. Aziz ran himself ragged and just needs some composure in front of goal! Williams was ok, better than he has been. Hoff was shit!

• Like 2

Heartbreaker right there boys, but we were great tonight, so much better than the last few games. Any thoughts on my theory of Heart being a night team? We always get up for nights but not for the daytime games so much...

Hopefully we can get a point or 3 against Roar and keep it close....

Only ourselves to blame. JvS' formation had Arnold beaten. One goal and they would have collapsed. We played some great football tonight. Trouble was we just didn't score - lack of composure in front of goal and some wonderful positional play by their GK whoever he was - that's the sort of performance we need from our future GKs.

In the end we were once again tactically naive. We should have settled for a point and just kept possession. Never mind. Tonight we showed that we can play with the best of them. But we do need more firepower and composure in front of goal.

Disappointing crowd, but for those wanting participation from all around the ground tonight you got it. People all around on their feet willing the boys on, but we just couldn't get them over the line.

Gutted, but very proud to be a Heart man tonight.

Keep the faith.

Well done JVS tonight... set up was brilliant. Just needed class up front to finish.

And well done to the lads in the Terrence tonight. Boys up the front, and back were magnificent, even better than usual and seem to have taken criticism and improved. Thought I'd stand halfway up tonight for a bit...still problems in the middle though but ahh well. improvement no doubt, just a crap crowd.

On to Brissy.

Bloody good effort tonight. Matthew Ryan's a gun, although we had opportunities we should've buried. But you could see us tiring and getting ragged with about 5-10 minutes to go. Combination of youth/inexperience/fitness means we keep conceding late in games and in halves. Also just lack that killer instinct up front. But keep playing like tonight, and we'll win more than we lose and can still challenge for top two or three.

Alex Terra was fantastic and gives us a spark when we can otherwise be predictable. That would have to be his best game for the club I'd say.

Out the result aside and that was one of the most enjoyable sporting experiences I've had. The Yarraside was absolutely phenomenal - Hammer smashed it and the movement to one aisle and the mob up the back worked super. Thought we were genuinely fucking loud. The players took it up to the Mariners from the first whistle and you could tell Yarraside responded. Well done folks.

Out the result back into it and I'm fucking gutted. Cant't believe we lost the game after dominating. Shattered.

Stay proud, Melbourne.

Edited by Cammo
  • Like 1

Sat i Aisle 17, and must admit credit to the guys behind the goals. Loud and proud for the whole match. Amazing amtosphere and hard not to get involved.

On the match. Should have won, dominated 80%+ of the time. Behich should have buried at least one of his chances. Matt Ryan had a gun game. CCM despite looking like not scoring at all for the match got a plucky one due to some poor defending.

I thought we looked much better with Thompson back there, now once Reid comes into CM I think we can secure more points.

Come on you boys in red!

• Like 1

Very unfortunate, Melbourne Heartless Luckless FC.

Dominated the midfield, solid in defence until the goal, a mixture of unluckiness & average finishing up front, all in all much improved from the Adelaide, Gold Coast & Perth games.

As for the terrace, brilliant, f*cking brilliant, no win for the entire month & coming off three dreadful performances on the park, keep it up lads, the co-ordination & therefore louder noise is starting to come, was great to see consistent overhead clapping for the Dale & i did notice chants went consistently louder for a longer amount of time.

Edited by DutchPride

Tonight's performance by the terrace is easily the best I have seen it in such circumstances. Have not won in weeks, have not been playing well, and generally have had nothing to sing and chant about.

I put this down to the movement into one bay, which everyone saw everyone shake the negativity of recent weeks and come out loud, proud and co ordinated.

The noise created tonight was the active supporters as a whole having a good time and supporting the boys in the best way possible.

The best part of this is how the players responded themselves.

We can only improve from here on in, get down to the pub on saturday for choir practice!

We played fucking excellent just didn't go our way, our defence looked strong, we were creating oppurtunites up forward, just couldnt get it past Matt Ryan, unlucky to end the game how it ended, we feel like we should of got something out of it, also well done on JVS for changing a few things up, looked like it worked.

Dominated again and were very unlucky. Ando not at the game tonight? That kid was fucking terrible, quite often looked around for ideas on what to chant and the other parts was telling people to get louder when there's no chants going, most of the chants started from the back and by the time it hit the bottom they were echoing us further back, terrible

• Like 1

Dominated again and were very unlucky. Ando not at the game tonight? That kid was fucking terrible, quite often looked around for ideas on what to chant and the other parts was telling people to get louder when there's no chants going, most of the chants started from the back and by the time it hit the bottom they were echoing us further back, terrible

Please go. He done very very well. Nothing wrong with consulting others on what to chant, his delivery was excellent.

I think He done well mate.. We where good tonight.. Ando does a great Job but i think hammer did well in his absence!

Great game was very satisfied

excellent support must have been at least 4000 there - nice and quiet so i didnt get sore ears

also i think that since the team has moved to Morwell now wearing the away top and that it was navy blue was a smart move

Edited by Downer

excellent support must have been at least 4000 there - nice and quiet so i didnt get sore ears

also i think that since the team has moved to Morwell now wearing the away top and that it was navy blue was a smart move

You are a "Downer".

• Like 1

notsureifCCMorvictory

Great game tonight, although the result was poor,some great play by us and some very promising signs. If we play like this on saturday we should take the three points. :P

The terrace was terrific tonight, extremely loud and brought an amazing atmosphere to the game.Great choice putting some main lad's at the back to support the rest of the terrace,and not wavering off onto random chants.Talked to a guy on the bus tonight and he said that the atmosphere was the best he's heard all season. pretty close to derby atmosphere, i reckon. :D