Melbourne Football

Week 15 (Mid Week) : Melbourne v Central Coast Mariners - 18 Jan - 7:30pm

Hammerhead

Squad is in:

Melbourne Heart squad: 1.Clint Bolton (GK), 2.Michael Marrone, 3.Brendan Hamill, 4.Simon Colosimo, 6.Matt Thompson ©, 7.Rutger Worm, 8.Kristian Sarkies, 9.Maycon, 11.Alex Terra, 13.Jonatan Germano, 15.David Williams, 16.Aziz Behich, 17.Jason Hoffman, 18.Curtis Good, 19.Eli Babalj, 23.Mate Dugandzic, 30.Sebastian Mattei (GK)

*two to be omitted*

In: Simon Colosimo (returns from injury), David Williams (promoted)

Out: Nil

Unavailable: Nick Kalmar (back – 4 weeks), Kliment Taseski (foot – 4 to 6 weeks), Fred (groin – 4 to 6 weeks), Wayne Srhoj (quad – 1 week)

I know it won't happen...but surprise Arnold with throwing a few changes during the game. Such as two strikers. Need someone playing off Eli. Need a lot more quick forward movement, a lot more shots on goal, a lot more communication. Everyone needs to lift a notch.

TUiD - You like my post about fickle supporters in the other thread, yet you have this attitude. That's net very true until you die.

Anyway's in some bad news:

Heart will avoid making drastic changes to the team that lost 2-1 to Perth Glory on Sunday although Babalj is battling to overcome soreness and could miss out.

"Ali has some physical things that we are taking care of. That's why he didn't train today – he only did the warm-up."

"He has a longer recovery time and he could be in doubt to play tomorrow."

Edited by Buddy Farah

ok, then I apologise, I just feel that maycon is not needed in the team, there are better players to be selected in the squad than him (from me: I guess that was quite durastic about maycon, hopefully I wont get real negative soon). @kontra that may be a good Idea to start terra, worm would add a real kick coming on as a sub.

I am not phased is shime or good start, if good starts the as he begins to tire a bit as in previous weeks then we can bring shime on and freshen up the back 4.

But it would be good to have some experience from the start to be on top from the first whistle.

On a positive: mariners-simon= weaker team

Would love to see Hoffman or even Williams given a chances at CF. I would defs NOT like to see Terra at CF, nor Maycon for that matter.

Yeah, so would I, Williams > Hoffman though, maybe even give Mate a chance to play behind two strikers? Maybe we could get more out of him there than what Victory did in 4-1-2-1-2, but if we keep to a 4-3-3, this is my ideal lineup.

-------------------Bolton-------------------

Marrone -- Colosimo -- Hamill -- Behich

---------------- Germano ------------------

------ Sarkies ------------ Thompson ----

Mate ----------- Williams ------------ Terra

Edited by DutchPride
  • Like 3

I'd add Srhoj to that line up( if he's available). Thompson needs to find some form, or hunger. Perhaps come of bench for a change.

Thought I read somewhere he was out for another week, but if he is playing tomorrow then definitely into the side, so in that case this would be my 4-3-3 lineup.

-------------------Bolton-------------------

Marrone -- Colosimo -- Hamill -- Behich

-------------------- Shroj ------------------

------ Germano ------------ Thompson ----

Mate ----------- Williams ------------ Terra

Edited by DutchPride

Sarkies should be starting Dutchy, we piss away so many opportunities from set pieces because Mate is taking them. Sarkies, even if he goes missing on the pitch can actually deliver a concise cross.

Would rather someone whose work rate is100% for the full 90 than having someone in the side purely for set pieces.

Would rather someone whose work rate is100% for the full 90 than having someone in the side purely for set pieces.

Purely look how many set pieces we get every game, and how many we have converted this season. With Sarkies in the beckoning, he has already equaled that. Plus last week he was played in a position he is not use to, play him where you would have Terra and i would agree with your line up.

Babalj is a massive out but he was always going to struggle with so many games in a short space of time.

I agree with the starting Williams crew. I think he is more suited to a forward role than a winger (although ideally alongside another forward in a 4-4-2) and Maycon is better (or perhaps less worse) coming off the bench. Williams should also have fresh legs not playing Sunday, Pretty simple with Williams, if he doesn't work his arse off, take him off at HT. Sometimes being the main focus/extra responsibility can lift players out of a form slump.

New confirmed squad, Babalj and Colosimo out.

Squad v Central Coast Mariners

1.Clint Bolton (GK), 2.Michael Marrone, 3.Brendan Hamill, 6.Matt Thompson ©, 7.Rutger Worm, 8.Kristian Sarkies, 9.Maycon, 11.Alex Terra, 13.Jonatan Germano, 15.David Williams, 16.Aziz Behich, 17.Jason Hoffman, 18.Curtis Good, 23.Mate Dugandzic, 30.Sebastian Mattei (GK)

Cant go tonight :( on afternoon shift.

Chucked $50 in Germano first goal (paying $1050) just cause hes a sick cunt.

I'll tell you what, not a bad bet. Tempted to get on it myself at those odds, but these things only happen when I don't bet.

Edited by Tesla