Melbourne Football

Week 15 (Mid Week) : Melbourne v Central Coast Mariners - 18 Jan - 7:30pm

Hammerhead

And no one wanted to hear it when I said Terra should be starting.

The last piece of the puzzle is the removal of Worm. Surely it should be tried just on my record to date. GTFIH JVS.

You are so wrong, he was a jet last night! He would have been so spent at the end of the game, trying to run with Bojic for most of the game! Fuck me, Bojic is so bloody fit!

You are so wrong, he was a jet last night! He would have been so spent at the end of the game, trying to run with Bojic for most of the game! Fuck me, Bojic is so bloody fit!

He was completely spent, in fact he could not get back at all as with quite a few others

The end of the game barred resemblance to a VPL match as the tired legs saw end to end football.

TBH with ten minutes to go I think we probably should of start thinking about grabbing the point as a late goal from CCM was looking all the more likely.

He was completely spent, in fact he could not get back at all as with quite a few others

The end of the game barred resemblance to a VPL match as the tired legs saw end to end football.

TBH with ten minutes to go I think we probably should of start thinking about grabbing the point as a late goal from CCM was looking all the more likely.

Yeah I kow, my mate and I were watching him bust his gut to stay with Bojic in the first half and plenty of times in the second half, he was pushing through the pain barrier, won a lot of respect from me seeing how hard he was working. He played awesome last night, was understandably knackered towards the end.

Now that I've had some time to contemplate that loss, I can give my 2 cents.

The team played really well, set up multiple genuine chances on goal and only poor finishing or out of this world goalkeeping denied us a big win.

I think the change in attitude from this match to the previous 3 was down to a change in tactics, but mostly the fact that we had several fringe players playing, who were obviously very keen to perform well. Hoffman was better, his pressure was very good and all up a vast improvement on his terrible displays from the past few games.

Williams was also much better, he attacked well and pressured the CCM defense. I hope he at least makes the subs bench next game, with some confidence he will be a much better player.

Whipping boy Maycon did well in his 30 minute stint, he pressured and aside from giving up the ball once or twice, made us look lively.

Terra was fantastic and 2nd best on the field, was creative and deserved a goal. I hope he gets fitter because we are a much better team when he is on the field and playing well.

Behich was good aside from his finishing. I hope he doesn't lose confidence from that.

Germano was very good, I hope he has it in him to play the full 90 minutes against Brisbane. Marrone was MOTM, he combined great defensive play with exciting runs to set up numerous attacks.

I've neglected to mention a few players but I thought it was a great performance that garnered an undeserved loss.

Was sitting opposite end of yarraside because of health reasons,, But you guys were great really loud! also i find it funny how people swap end depending on which way heart are attacking LOL

Same for me first time i have ever sat on the other side and now i appreciate just how good the terrace does with creating

Atmosphere and so forth even with one bay.

Was very very loud. Louder than i thought it would be.

Also good to see some people who dont sit in the active section join in aswell

Seriously do not know how to respond to this.

"Snoop" is a plastic, floggy chant, that in my opinion has no room in our terrace anymore as we have progressively gotten better.

Also snoop sounds and looks fucking awesome from the other side and is our only real original chant
  • Like 1

Once again to concede in the last couple of minutes - naive. What a soft goal too - Bolton caught out on his near post - should not happen. Contrast Ryan at the other end.

I also now maintain that we should try retain Sarkies because of his set pieces.

His in-swingers are top notch, and nearly led to 2 goals when he came on last night.

I can imagine it being something like this: Babalj on front post, Hoffman on keeper, Sarkies takes the corner.

Goal scoring problem? Solved..

I also now maintain that we should try retain Sarkies because of his set pieces.

His in-swingers are top notch, and nearly led to 2 goals when he came on last night.

I can imagine it being something like this: Babalj on front post, Hoffman on keeper, Sarkies takes the corner.

Goal scoring problem? Solved..

You're being awfully logical, can you make that a little more technical and misleading? :P

Jeez, I seriously don't know how anyone can think this...

I don't necessary rate him as the greatest player in the squad, but he definitely adds alot in dead ball situations, he also keeps Mate Dugandzic away from them..

Watch the replay of last nights game and follow Sarkies closely. He did well, and his set pieces were mint. He was directly responsible for 2 of our biggest chances of the night.

Bloody Mat Ryan.

Edited by marteaux

You must be new here and unaware of my record. The chances of me being wrong about Worm are unlikely to say the least.

Though I can see him scoring the winning goal in a crucial match like a grand final, and running over to me and be like:

ZXvf0.jpg

And i'll be like

1924-i-aint-even-mad.jpg

because it would mean we won a crucial game.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...