Melbourne Football

Friday 27 July - 8pm vs. FFV VCL XI @ Stead Park, Geelong

KSK_47

Do you know how I know you're not ethnic?

Not the same thing mate, you will find out on Friday when you buy one ;)

Hahaha, right kebapi roll, modern society has only only taught me to skim read thought I saw the word kebab and got excited.

Kebapi is the sausage-like thing yeh?

• Like 1

Hi, my first posting as a Heart fan/member and following the forums for 18 months. I'm a member of Geelong SC and we're all pumped to have Heart coming to our club. This is definitely a free event and the ground is about 10 minutes walk from the North Shore train station. (don't get off at North Geelong and check that the train stops at North Shore - not all do). The kiosk at the club should be open to increase your lipid and salt intake and we do have a bar to wash it down. For the return leg there are trains leaving North Shore at 21:51 and the last train is at 22:51. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Spoke to a member of MH staff today. Mate out recuperating from injury, Tadic visa may not be through so potential scratching, Fred travelling and may or may not play - hamstrings good but skin folds not so good. Gerhardt should be in and has had an immediate impact within the squad in first two sessions. Very vocal and enthusiastic in training. Should be interesting to see. Hoff has apparently been cutting it up in training and raring to go. Overall great excitement in the squad and coaches that a really competitive group has been put together for the year. Can't wait!!

the match is going to be filmed and highlights will be up on:

http://www.mfootball.com.au/

early next week

Can confirm.

Said early next week as we didn't want to disappoint if we couldn't pump it out over the w/e, but will try and edit the footage asap.

Also, for those interested, here's a piece on a young lad playing in Friday's game: http://www.mfootball.com.au/youngsters-look-towards-heart-challenge/

409587_403501173040060_12130331_n.jpg

• Like 1

hopefully Fred isn't risked this early.

is Tadic even in melbourne yet?

Great to hear that about Gerhardt, i have a feeling he'll be a fan favourite

lol @ hoff ripping it up at training

My mate that works at the club says that Gerhardt is a really nice fella.

Same mate was on the phone to Tadic on Monday (who is still in Croatia) trying to organise his VISA.

If Fred's skin folds are bad then wouldn't playing on friday help?

Vrankovic and Konyit are both more than capable replacements for Good and Hamill. Konyit has been in contact with the club in the past and we even tried to sign him in 2010. He can play as a left fullback I am fairly sure, which offers JA another realm of defensive structure with Vrankovic able to play right fullback.

Club should consider a name change to Balkans Melb FC, though. So many ethnics, mostly Cros. Perhaps it something to do with the guy who makes most of our deals is Croatian.

Mate Dugandzic - Croatian

Josip Tadic - Croatian

Josip Konyit - Croatian

David Vrankovic - Serbian

Nick Kalmar?

Gerhardt signed from Bosnian league

And countless others in the yoof team.

Vrankovic and Konyit are both more than capable replacements for Good and Hamill. Konyit has been in contact with the club in the past and we even tried to sign him in 2010. He can play as a left fullback I am fairly sure, which offers JA another realm of defensive structure with Vrankovic able to play right fullback.

Club should consider a name change to Balkans Melb FC, though. So many ethnics, mostly Cros. Perhaps it something to do with the guy who makes most of our deals is Croatian.

Josip Tadic - Croatian

Josip Konyit - Croatian

Nick Kalmar?

Add Kalmar to the croatians.

Few efniks in the youth team as well.

Josip Tadic - Croatian

Josip Konyit - Croatian

Nick Kalmar?

The "Balkan Bandits FC"

Starting XI, who would you like to see, or who do you think we'll see?

Mebrahtu----Hoffman----Williams

-------Govas---------Thompson

-------------Gerhardt-------------------

Woodcock--Gray--Konyit---Marrone

--------------Redmayne

That's who I think we'll see. Aloisi will probably want to test some new players and triallists. I would like to see Germano, Kalmar and Dugandzic as well.

Edited by Murfy1

is Konyit a left footed CB?

Not sure. I did a quick google search and I found this:

Joseph Konyit

Born: 29 April 1992

Height: 183 cm

Weight: 83 kg

Born: Melbourne

Citizenship: Australian / Croatian

Position: Full back/Centre back/Defensive midfield

Foot: Both - dominant on left

Clubs: Dinamo Zagreb (U19 and reserves) - Jan 10-?

Melbourne Knights - 2006-2007, 2008-2009 (?)

Diamond Valley

Altona Magic - 2007-2008

St Albans

(http://forum.footballanarchy.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13383&start=15)

From a post at Football Anarchy. I wouldn't bet my house on it, given the source, but he appears to be left footed.

Edited by Murfy1

What's the carpark situation like at the ground, would we be ok for spaces and is there an entry for that?

Carparking is small, but there is a Macca's around the corner, park there.

Looking like a really good turnout for this, even on a miserable day.

Reckon we could sign Govas is his trial goes OK. Interesting that there are several young defenders appearing. IMO we're going to have to sign a couple of U-21s to get the required quota of youth players in our squad. Might mean we have to go over the magic number of 20.

Just starting to feel my toes again as I warm them in front of the fire. Man that was cold tonight. 4-0 in the end. Hard to read too much into the game. The sheer difference in physical size between the sides was obvious but full credit to the opposition youngsters for running and pushing hard. Behich was lively and I thought McAllaster held the ball up well. Who was wearing no. 10? Showed some real toe and presented well. At the end of the day a chance to knock the ball around, no injuries and a thrill for the opposition. Well done to the Heart fellas not playing as well. They made themselves available to the locals and were great with the kids.