Melbourne Football

City Voice

n i k o

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

The club has sent out an email to complete a survey based on matchday experience during Sunday's game. FWIW I tried to find a way to mention the ticketing debacle with ticketek. 

I mentioned the ticket debacle in the comments at the end. 

I was annoyed at the transportation options not including tram, which I use every game. For a club that spruiks so much about being part of Melbourne, ignoring our trams is almost sacrilegious.

I just looked at City Voice. Looks as though comments on on-field performance, JvS etc. have been wiped. Certainly I can't access the thread that they were/are in.

I just cancelled my account there. Wasn't as if we were getting any real answers anyway.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I just looked at City Voice. Looks as though comments on on-field performance, JvS etc. have been wiped. Certainly I can't access the thread that they were/are in.

I just cancelled my account there. Wasn't as if we were getting any real answers anyway.

On the side there's a recent events section where there's still a post about sacking JVS but it's been removed when clicked on. I understand the club wants off field stuff on there. Still, people want to make themselves heard and won't stop them from posting in future about on field issues. 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Haven't cancelled mine yet. But definitely not going back. Pointless and frustrating. 

Another failed opportunity. Could have been a really good element of the club but it just has turned to shit. 

I wonder wether anyone understands how damaging this is to their business. 

10 hours ago, n i k o said:

What is it about the current city voice you don't like @Jovan @jw1739??? 

Very slow, if any, feedback to direct questions/suggestions. The dates of questions/suggestions/answers are not shown, making the whole site seem moribund.

Also I've had it with the surveys - the same questions over and over again. I've answered three in the past two months. No feedback whatsoever.

I've cancelled my account there, and won't be going back any time soon. A form of protest , perhaps, that won't count for anything in the big schemes of CFG, but at least it's made me feel better. IMO City Voice was a great idea, but not the way it's being run.

This is the response I got regarding my posts about JVS on City Voice:

"We understand that it’s the ‘on the pitch’ stuff about which fans often
feel most strongly, and that it’s these matters which fans want to voice
their opinion on. However it’s important to remember that there are other
places online to do this"

Fair enough I guess as it's more for the "off the pitch" stuff. At least I got some sort of response.

4 hours ago, JohnK said:

This is the response I got regarding my posts about JVS on City Voice:

"We understand that it’s the ‘on the pitch’ stuff about which fans often
feel most strongly, and that it’s these matters which fans want to voice
their opinion on. However it’s important to remember that there are other
places online to do this"

Fair enough I guess as it's more for the "off the pitch" stuff. At least I got some sort of response.

I'd be interested to know what and where these "other places on-line" are for direct communication between fans and club.

1 hour ago, Pete Heartspur said:

They seem intent on only fixing things which THE CLUB want fixed, not things which the fans want fixed.

Makes sense. We aren't professionals in football management... regardless of what your football manager game says. 

I'm happy for them to go about their business, they know what is best.

It isn't the opportune moment to announce anything, the GF is this weekend and Warren medal was last night.

Patience, we've stuck it out this long with JVS at the helm, surely you can wait a little longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deviant said:

Makes sense. We aren't professionals in football management... regardless of what your football manager game says. 

I'm happy for them to go about their business, they know what is best.

It isn't the opportune moment to announce anything, the GF is this weekend and Warren medal was last night.

Patience, we've stuck it out this long with JVS at the helm, surely you can wait a little longer.

1) I don't play Football manager.

2) I'm not necessarily referring to just 'football matters'.

3) Their little marketing exercise is going to look a little pointless, when in the end the club has no supporters. Just look at all the empty seats in manchester.

Case in point: I have a gripe with the fact my details i entered into a competition which turned out to be a complete and utter farce, have been used to sign me up to the Manchester City mailing list. But the bloke on City Voice seems more concerned with finding and fixing the bugs in the competition process, than actually addressing the main issue I have which I made more than clear! I'm not expecting anything about it to change, CFG will do what they want to do with the club. But at least fucking acknowledge what I've said. It might actually go somewhat to changing my opinion, or at least keep what slender chance they have of keeping me interested!

But by all means CFG, keep going about your business! It's working great!

Edited by Pete Heartspur

16 minutes ago, Deviant said:

I don't know what you asked them, nor do i have a reason as to why you didn't get a clear/direct answer. 

I too was signed up manchester city's mailing list. I have since unsubscribed. 

I wasn't really asking them anything. I was simply "voicing" my displeasure at what had happened and why I don't feel connected to the club. Something which they should be concerned with if they are really trying to engage with, and bring in new supporters!

You want to know how to get people interested and connected? Then listen to what I'm fucking telling you!

Edited by Pete Heartspur

And to really drive home the point of how ridiculous this club's communication is, a week or so ago I sent an email asking if there were any deals available to members to fly with Etihad Airways.

I got no response. Not even a standard price list.

What an absolute shit-show!

Edit: I know this is now going off topic. 

Edited by Pete Heartspur

4 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

I wasn't really asking them anything. I was simply "voicing" my displeasure at what had happened and why I don't feel connected to the club. Something which they should be concerned with if they are really trying to engage with, and bring in new supporters!

I'm sure they'll get to your displeasure as soon as they deal with all the other displeasure's. 

But if i was there and had the role that they do, I probably wouldn't reply to each person. I'd take the voicing of displeasure on board and work behind the scene's to rectify it then make a statement via the club as to what changes have been made. 

I'd use my time more wisely rather then giving a vague response to a grievance that i have no control over.  

1 minute ago, Deviant said:

I'm sure they'll get to your displeasure as soon as they deal with all the other displeasure's. 

But if i was there and had the role that they do, I probably wouldn't reply to each person. I'd take the voicing of displeasure on board and work behind the scene's to rectify it then make a statement via the club as to what changes have been made. 

I'd use my time more wisely rather then giving a vague response to a grievance that i have no control over.  

But I did get a reply. So while you're trying to address one issue with a response, just simply acknowledge the other!

9 minutes ago, Deviant said:

I think you're wrong there. IMO when you set up a conduit for communication between an organization and its constituents (football club and its members, local council and its ratepayers, etc.) then it's highly likely that the bulk of comments coming in are going to be suggestions for improvement on the status quo (get rid of the dark blue from our kit) or complaints (my garbage bin wasn't emptied this week). It's the nature of people not to spend too much time handing out compliments especially when they've paid to belong.
In fact the number of posts to City Voice is very small, and so with three people on the City Voice team I'd say that there is plenty of time for each individual post to receive a timely response. Surely Heartspur's issue of not receiving his prize while the organization was "working out how to deliver it" is worthy of an immediate fix (even to the point of getting a jersey out of the store at Latrobe, getting the players to sign it, and delivering it personally?). Then work on the systemic issue that is the cause of the problem. Not the other way around.

57 minutes ago, Deviant said:

Funny, most businesses have dedicated teams for customers complaints. They seem to think customer satisfaction is a priority to keep those customers coming back to their business. By all means a football club is different in some ways but in essence it's still has to adhere to the same principles any other business has to. That doesn't mean the club has to pander to anyone, but making sure ticket holders are simply acknowledged and communicated to has to be a priority. If anything the fact that the club wants to engage with its customers means they need to do even more in the way of customer communicationthan your average business. Your way of doing business would lose customers very quickly. 

If JW can come up with a reason that quickly to give me any slither of hope of sticking around, why can't they? I've mentioned twice already on there in no uncertain terms that i am struggling to find a reason to care.

Also, one quick glance at my record would tell them that i've been a member since the melbourne heart days, and that i also bought a baby membership for the first time this season. Most of my angst is stemming from the fact i'm wanting a decent football club for me and my boy to support and go watch. And that this one that i had hoped would be it, isn't turning out that way!

So not only would they be losing a long-time member, they'd be losing at least one other potential long-time member too! And then there's the other 4-5 others who are members because of me who will also (most likely) have their own kids in the future! 

You're all correct in what you're saying. But i still stand by 'getting the job done' then addressing the individual.

11 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

If JW can come up with a reason that quickly to give me any slither of hope of sticking around, why can't they? I've mentioned twice already on there in no uncertain terms that i am struggling to find a reason to care.

Also, one quick glance at my record would tell them that i've been a member since the melbourne heart days, and that i also bought a baby membership for the first time this season. Most of my angst is stemming from the fact i'm wanting a decent football club for me and my boy to support and go watch. And that this one that i had hoped would be it, isn't turning out that way!

So not only would they be losing a long-time member, they'd be losing at least one other potential long-time member too! And then there's the other 4-5 others who are members because of me who will also (most likely) have their own kids in the future! 

What would define a decent football club? 

I'm not debating you by the way, i'm just trying to understand what is the underlying issue?

Ok, i re-read what you had said about asking for info. And no info was produced. For some reason i missed that. My bad. 

And according to murfy1 from the FRG topic

City Voice

City Voice will be relaunched soon. It will be much more interactive, and will allow users to express their opinions and emotions more readily, in some ways that are similar to Facebook.

Edited by Deviant
Missed info.

The issue is that i'm viewing melbourne city for exactly what it is, Etihad FC.

And no, i don't expect that to change. 

So i'm stuck with the choice of either a club being used as billboard for Etihad/Abu Dhabi. One i view as being completely fake. Or a club with a shitty, arrogant and often violent attitude on and off the pitch. It may be an easier choice for others, but i'm not sure which is worse!

So i suppose i would define a decent club (for want of a better word) as a  respectable club that plays football, for footballing reasons. Neither melbourne team falls into that category for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pete Heartspur said:

The issue is that i'm viewing melbourne city for exactly what it is, Etihad FC.

And no, i don't expect that to change. 

So i'm stuck with the choice of either a club being used as billboard for Etihad/Abu Dhabi. One i view as being completely fake. Or a club with a shitty, arrogant and often violent attitude on and off the pitch. It may be an easier choice for others, but i'm not sure which is worse!

So i suppose i would define a decent club (for want of a better word) as a  respectable club that plays football, for footballing reasons. Neither melbourne team falls into that category for me.

OK, I understand where you're coming from now.

However, I've got nothing for you, i thought i could have helped a little - Etihad FC, Melchester FC, Moneybags FC, etc. like you said, It's a matter of choice. 

I personally have a 50/50 thought process going to games 50% to hang out with mates and 50% is to watch the game. and 100% fuck Melbourne Victory.

4 hours ago, Deviant said:

And according to murfy1 from the FRG topic

City Voice

City Voice will be relaunched soon. It will be much more interactive, and will allow users to express their opinions and emotions more readily, in some ways that are similar to Facebook.

The frg meeting is from early march though, the revamp has already happened 

They tried to have a diary system for the perth elimination final game but access was denied for members :droy:
retried it for the adelaide game and it worked, anyone try it? Originally it said 10 of the best answers would get a $30 amazon voucher (must of been copy pasted from new york) and has been changed to some merch pack worth $30 i think, i tried but no prize (yet)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

The frg meeting is from early march though, the revamp has already happened 

They tried to have a diary system for the perth elimination final game but access was denied for members :droy:
retried it for the adelaide game and it worked, anyone try it? Originally it said 10 of the best answers would get a $30 amazon voucher (must of been copy pasted from new york) and has been changed to some merch pack worth $30 i think, i tried but no prize (yet)

I tried the diary a couple of times and gave up when it wouldn't let me in. I thought I could write about the travelling fan experience in Adelaide, but by the time I managed to get it to work, I'd lost my enthusiasm for it.

15 hours ago, jw1739 said:

More JvS-related posts have been removed from City Voice.

Are they giving our warnings to people? Do you think they will ban people eventually?

@Tesla is it possible to create a program that posts something negative about JVS on cityvoice once every 30 minutes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Are they giving our warnings to people? Do you think they will ban people eventually?

@Tesla is it possible to create a program that posts something negative about JVS on cityvoice once every 30 minutes

While I haven't looked at it and I'm sure they have some anti spam measures in place, it most likely would be.

But I certainly would have no part in it and if there is a sudden influx of anti jvs posts on city voice it is purely by coincidence. 

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

While I haven't looked at it and I'm sure they have some anti spam measures in place, it most likely would be.

But I certainly would have no part in it and if there is a sudden influx of anti jvs posts on city voice it is purely by coincidence. 

lol!! The disclaimer. 

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Of course! I know you would never, for a second contemplate being a part of something so heinous!

The club has sent a survey about volunteering and attached to it is a live chat with 8-10 people and a representative from City Voice. The live chat is for an hour and will be held over 4 nights. Not sure what they expect people to discuss but should be interesting if JVS is still here. 

Edited by n i k o

13 minutes ago, n i k o said:

The club has sent a survey about volunteering and attached to it is a live chat with 8-10 people and a representative from City Voice. The live chat is for an hour and will be held over 4 nights. Not sure what they expect people to discuss but should be interesting if JVS is still here. 

just got this as @n i k o said, another pointless survey.

Hi jovan,

Today, we'd like to do two things. First, to get your thoughts on different types of volunteering. Then, we'd like to invite you to get involved in a Live Chat with the City Voice team. More on that slightly later though.

Edited by Jovan

City Voice is a complete waste of time the way it's being run. I have been watching for the past few days. There is simply no acknowledgement of perfectly reasonable e-mails (questions, comments etc.) about "off-field" issues.

Black mark for the club on introducing something that then isn't run properly.