Melbourne Football

Seats for melbourne derby

alexwilson

Not exactly crap seats, Level 2 is a decent spot to be. Yes to far away from the action but you will atleast have a good view.

Oh good that was what I was more worried about. Kinda went in blind, was hoping I wouldn't stay that way at the game lol

Not exactly crap seats, Level 2 is a decent spot to be. Yes to far away from the action but you will atleast have a good view.

Oh good that was what I was more worried about. Kinda went in blind, was hoping I wouldn't stay that way at the game lol

Level 2 will give you a good view. The play is far away (but you get that anywhere) .. Fans will be mixed. But hey you will be there the atmosphere will be good.

i'm sure it will come up closer to the game, but since we are playing the tards at Etihad are we meeting pre game at the same old drinking hole we used to as Heart or are we moving it?

i'm assuming that with the Imp down the other end of Bourke the Melburnians (and all others) would rather meet a little closer.

i'm sure it will come up closer to the game, but since we are playing the tards at Etihad are we meeting pre game at the same old drinking hole we used to as Heart or are we moving it?

i'm assuming that with the Imp down the other end of Bourke the Melburnians (and all others) would rather meet a little closer.

Beers at Charles Dickens.

• Like 1

Guys I got front and second row seats in the Active Area for the Derby (bought them when more came available). I'll be with a few mates (a couple over 40!) and my younger brother's fiancé (23) - she's worried that it's not the right place for her...more so because I told her she's not allowed to sit down all game! Lol

Assuming the seats aren't strapped/tied up, can I safely assume that there won't be any trouble if a couple of people sit down (every now and then)?

Guys I got front and second row seats in the Active Area for the Derby (bought them when more came available). I'll be with a few mates (a couple over 40!) and my younger brother's fiancé (23) - she's worried that it's not the right place for her...more so because I told her she's not allowed to sit down all game! Lol

Assuming the seats aren't strapped/tied up, can I safely assume that there won't be any trouble if a couple of people sit down (every now and then)?

The whole point of the away bay non active next to the active bay. Purchase active at your own risk.

• Like 1

Buy a GA ticket and sneak in or print out copies of someones active ticket and go in has worked for every other derby at shitihad. Won't be able to make it have a good friends birthday but will be good having a bbq and watching us win 3-0!

After yesterday's effort we are going to get Pumped !

• Like 1

Cheers mate, although i dont think you can do it anymore GA gate is not on the same side and now you can only enter at the gate your ticket says and chances are GA is not the same gate as our away bay. Tried it at the footy too and didnt work last season. :)

Can't you just walk around once you're inside?

Cheers mate, although i dont think you can do it anymore GA gate is not on the same side and now you can only enter at the gate your ticket says and chances are GA is not the same gate as our away bay. Tried it at the footy too and didnt work last season. :)

Can't you just walk around once you're inside?

You can go a few bays left or right but other than that im almost positive you can go right around. I was at the footy and tried going around and they didnt let me so i tried going at another game and they said i have to enter at the gate that says on the ticket.

I know you can't at the MCG, but pretty sure you can go right round at Etihad. Before you enter the bays, before you pass any stewards.

Once you scan into the ground, If you go to level 3 you can walk the entire way around the ground. You could do it level 1 but majority would be reserved seating.

I'm resigned to sitting up on level 3 for this, never been up there before but i imagine its like watching the back straight at flemington from there. Any advice on the best part of the ground to view it from to minimise the eye strain due to the distance (PS. binoculars are not an option). Behind the goals, wing? and which side, don't they skew the pitch over to one side slightly?

I'm resigned to sitting up on level 3 for this, never been up there before but i imagine its like watching the back straight at flemington from there. Any advice on the best part of the ground to view it from to minimise the eye strain due to the distance (PS. binoculars are not an option). Behind the goals, wing? and which side, don't they skew the pitch over to one side slightly?

It's not that bad, don't buy into the hyperbole.

Get a spot on the wing, near the front of level 3 and you'll be laughing. Or on top of our away bay, near the front of level 3.

Get a spot on the wing, near the front of level 3 and you'll be laughing. Or on top of our away bay, near the front of level 3.

Is all of level 3 GA? or are the wings reserved (first few rows) ?

Good idea, thanks mate