Melbourne Football

Julius Davies and the inevitable move to Heart

scouse_roar

Good to see you've created an account on here, Scouse.

I've heard that he will have to be classed as a foreign player, and we've already filled our quota (Germano, Worm, Terra, Maycon). If this isn't the case, what an addition he would be to our squad.

Going by what other people have said, he could slot into Fred's playmaker position with ease whilst he is still injured, and sure up the midfield when Fred makes his return.

Why let such a talent go to waste, rotting away in the youth team at MVFC because of spot competition (Kewell, Rojas, Hernandez, Solorzano etc), when he could come to us and have a genuine crack at first team football.

Hope we make a move for him, the kid just wants to play!

Victory and us have both got full rosters so not sure how this would work

Because of his age, he may be signed on a youth contract but travel/play with the senior team every week.

There are many loopholes to be found and taken advantage of in the rules the FFA have set in regards to signing players.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, not happy with Davies joining Victory, I don't see him getting a look in this season for the seniors with the abundance of attackers and the last place youth team can't be helpful for him.

The only positive is he'll have access to decent football facilities and might be in Australia long enough to qualify for our national teams.

Hope I'm wrong and he gets more out of this move but I don't see it happening.

• 3 years later...

Apparently he's now at Port Melbourne (somehow Sidwell & co missed out on signing another 2nd rater)

I saw this guy "warming up" at half time when he was on the bench for the Roar NYL when they were playing us a couple of years ago.  

He's bloody lucky i wasn't on the roar coaching staff, as he would have had to hitch a ride back to the airport.  I've never seen such an unprofessional display as he and Kofi Danning were putting on that day, whilst the team was in the sheds.  They were supposedly pros preparing to play in a match, yet they were kicking the ball around like lairs on the way home from the pub.

Presumably his unprofessional attitude didn't go unnoticed, which would be part of why he's now in the NPL.  

"Many are called, few are chosen".