Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart Youth Team - Squad Thread

Buddy Farah

We also had Fred and Madaschi at different points play game time in the NYL...

Only read the last sentence of your post jw, assume the rest is similar. That is a stupid suggestion.

Unless there were to be a reserve league, the NYL has to allow the overage players in, otherwise how do people come back from injury etc etc

Fred and Madaschi are/were not marquee players.

Players seemed to come back after injury etc. before the NYL existed...it's only been going three years.

Fred and Madaschi are/were not marquee players.

Players seemed to come back after injury etc. before the NYL existed...it's only been going three years.

When did I say they were?

I was just pointing out how MH ourselves had two of our most expeirenced and best players playing NYL at some stage this year.

Anyway the point is: If we cannot afford an extra playing on the bench in the A League, then we cannot afford to create a Reserve League so its purely Youth players in the NYL.

More games would allow NYL players more game time as well as fitting in game time for senior players coming back from injury, besides this we always have friendlies.

• Like 1

And that would be a great pity.

The worst part is he may be headed to Victory Youth... He'd dominate there, so long as they see his talent.

And on the note of a lack of spots for youth players in the youth team... considering you can sub on and off in a youth game (as far as memory serves) and you can use any/all your subs, maybe a solution could be to expand the youth bench OR have 1-2 extra spots purely for senior players or something?

As cadette said, we can't afford reserves, so the youth league is the best place to run seniors back to good fitness levels (and I guess also to track out of form players?), so surely there's some wiggle room to be found there?

Just from that game alone, he was their MoM easily. AND he got subbed off...

Very very quick on the ball, not the most amazing midfielder, but plenty of potential, purely on what I have seen of him I would say he's probably 3rd or 4th on my list of likely to step up soon to senior football, but he still needs a good chunk of development.

• 1 month later...

VPL and SL1 Stats

Northcote:

Kristian Konstantinidis - 9 starts, 1 goal

Brad Treloar - 8 starts, 1 goal

Oakleigh

Jeremy Walker - 8 Starts, 1 sub

Zac Walker - 4 strats, 4 subs

Souths:

Philip Petreski - 1 start

Dandenong

Stipo Andrijasevic - 1 start, 1 goal

Bulleen

Daniel Peluso - 6 starts

Dusan Bosnjak - 1 start

Western Suburb

Josh Groenewald - 6 starts, 2 goals

Ex players:

Moerland:

Kliment Taseski - 5 starts, 1 sub

Heidelberg

Sebastian Mattei - 7 starts

• Like 1

Excellent, great prospects for the club. I hope Zac Walker was part of this squad somewhere. I rekcon there were about 5 players that were outstanding from the youth team that could be future potential. Will be interesting to see who makes this years youth squad. Can anyone give us the inside story on which youth team players are training with the first team. ? Bring on October, can't wait already.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The talent we have discovered already is incredible!

Half the team today where NYL players/youth trialists.

I expect us to push hard for the NYL title next season, hopefully guys like Gray and Hoffman don't steal many minutes from these kids.

The talent we have discovered already is incredible!

Half the team today where NYL players/youth trialists.

I expect us to push hard for the NYL title next season, hopefully guys like Gray and Hoffman don't steal many minutes from these kids.

Agree with Hoff being capable of ruining things...

But I doubt Gray will play many NYL games (He looked good enough to be a bench defender last night) and if he does play NYL having an experienced CB to general in your NYL backline will be nothing than a massive asset.

No senior defender playing NYL hurt the side last year – Only out of form Strikers and Mids.

Edited by cadete

• 1 month later...

Apparently Brodie Patterson is still on trials over in Europe and has not actually signed a contract anywhere yet...

On the slight chance he does come back, I think we will being seeing a very different play in the NYL next year as he will actually be fit and not injured - Scary Thoughts considering his decent efforts last season.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Melbourne Victory youth product Paulo Retre has joined cross-town rivals Melbourne Heart ahead of the new 2012/13 season.

MFootball.com.au can reveal that the 19-year-old has joined up with John Aloisi’s team with the possibility of earning a National Youth League (NYL) contract.

The attacking midfielder, who played in the Victorian Premier League for Bentleigh Greens this year, follows in the footsteps of Aziz Behich, who also came up through the Victory ranks before pulling on a red and white shirt.

Although he never played an A-League game for Melbourne Victory, Retre was seen as a promising prospect and regularly trained with the senior team under Mehmet Durakovic.

The youngster also played against David Beckham’s LA Galaxy back in December 2011, hitting the crossbar when Victory was leading 3-2.

Retre was reportedly close to earning a senior contract before Durakovic’s sacking, but Jim Magilton’s arrival put an end to his first team dreams.

Melbourne Heart’s NYL campaign kicks off on 21st October away to Western Sydney Wanderers.

'Article' from the cunts at MFootball.

• Like 1

Young Tasmanian players sign up for National Youth League Football Federation Tasmania have welcomed the announcement that NTC products Jeremy Walker and Will Abbott have secured National Youth League (NYL) contracts with Melbourne Heart for season 2012/13.

The players have developed their football through involvement in the Tasmanian NTC program – Tasmania’s highest quality elite pathway available to young footballers in Tasmania. 

Jeremy Walker, 19, was the first Tasmanian to play in the NYL when he signed for the Heart last season. He will begin his second season with a string of good performances under his belt and an off-season training with the Heart senior squad under the direction of Head Coach John Aloisi. Jeremy hopes to make his A-League senior debut this season.

Will Abbott, 18, joins Jeremy at Heart after narrowly missing a NYL contract last year.  Since then he has been playing with Victorian Premier League side Moreland Zebras, which has allowed him to develop in the sights of A-League sides.

NTC Head Coach Dean May said he was delighted for the pair, and said that their signings show the success of the NTC system.

“Both Will and Jeremy are outstanding footballers and we’re delighted that they’ll be playing in the National Youth League,” Mr May said.

“I’m excited about moving to the next level,” Will Abbott said. “The NTC program for me has been brilliant and I’m now in a position to compete with my peers.”

“From here hopefully I can take my career to a higher level with one day make my A-League debut”.

FFT CEO John Boulous said that he was not surprised about the success of the NTC program – and of Jeremy and Will.

“Jeremy and Will have been in the system for a while, progressing through the NTC program and playing well in the National Youth League and Victorian Premier League.”

“It’s a great achievement to secure a NYL contract – so congratulations to Jeremy, Will and also NTC Head Coach Dean May and his support team.”

Mr Boulous added that while this season’s NYL came too soon to see the benefits of the FFT-Melbourne Victory partnership, he was confident that the bonds would see more players making the transition. 

“We hope that in the next few seasons, our partnership with Melbourne Victory will result in more Tasmanian players in the NYL, and eventually the A-League.”

The Tasmanian NTC, based in Hobart, is one of nine centres across Australia and forms a key part of Football Federation Australia’s National Talented Player Pathway.

Melbourne Heart Youth Kick off their season on Sunday 21st October away to new NYL side Western Sydney Wanderers.

http://www.footballfedtas.com.au/index.php?id=15&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2012&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=10&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=228&cHash=d46b57b7333e179ee2231b3f75bbccc9

Wonder why we don't find this on the club website yet...

http://www.thebackpost.net/

Our 14-man youth squad for 2012-13 is: Will ABBOTT, Stipo ANDRIJASEVIC, Evan BATSIS, Alastair BRAY, Nicholas EPIFANO, Josh GROENEWALD, Ersin KAYA, Stefan MAUK, Andrew MULLETT, Sam MITCHINSON, Phil PETRESKI, Paulo RETRE, Jeremy WALKER,Zac WALKER

Wonder why we don't find this on the club website yet...

http://www.thebackpost.net/

Our 14-man youth squad for 2012-13 is: Will ABBOTT, Stipo ANDRIJASEVIC, Evan BATSIS, Alastair BRAY, Nicholas EPIFANO, Josh GROENEWALD, Ersin KAYA, Stefan MAUK, Andrew MULLETT, Sam MITCHINSON, Phil PETRESKI, Paulo RETRE, Jeremy WALKER,Zac WALKER

Mixed emotions from me TBH.

I am glad Zac Walker is still apart on our books (I was honestly scared he would be offered a senior gig elsewhere).

However I am disappointed Brodie Patterson is not there, surprises me because I know he went to some overseas trials but he also then played in the game down at Langwarrin.

Also I really think the A League should do something about creating a stronger link from the NYL to the A League, I think it’s great these kid are training with the seniors but the reality is that once the season is over they can sign a contract with any A League club of their choice.

IMO I reckon if a NYL player gets offered a Senior Contract at another A League club – And his current NYL club can match this senior contract offer the NYL Club should therefore have claims over him having spent the money and time developing him.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Really excited about Andrew Mullet being in our ranks. I play regularly with his younger brother. From training with Andrew a handful of times at school level at First level I can say it is a great pick up for us to get him over from Victory. Still a schoolboy and he has plenty of potential in him. Wouldn't surprise me to see him getting a gig in with the senior squad late in the season or next season.