Melbourne Football

2012-13 Football Kits

LR9

What's the obvious reasons?

Brand identity.

Each company has their own style guides on how their logos can be used and marketed, and colour is usually a bit part of that.

HP have their own specific tone of blue that is used for their company logo.

EDIT:

However, I just did some quick research, and it seems to me that the blue on the kit isn't even HP's corporate blue.

Their corporate blue is PMS 653 cv for print, or #0A357E for screen, which turns out to be this:

0a357e.png

They have a few other shades of blues in their colour palette as well:

HP Medium Blue.

PMS 640 cv

#0066FF

0066ff.png

HP Dark Blue.

PMS 647 cv

003366.png

Now I'm confused, and am once again perplexed as to why their logo is in light blue...

Edited by Baresi

Brand identity.

Each company has their own style guides on how their logos can be used and marketed, and colour is usually a bit part of that.

EDIT:

However, I just did some quick research, and it seems to me that the blue on the kit isn't even HP's corporate blue.

Their corporate blue is PMS 653 cv for print, or #0A357E for screen, which turns out to be this:

0a357e.png

HP Medium Blue.

PMS 640 cv

#0066FF

0066ff.png

HP Dark Blue.

PMS 647 cv

003366.png

Now I'm confused, and am once again perplexed as to why their logo is in light blue...

Them colour swatches will look different on different computer screens, tvs ect

All monitors are RGB while print is built by CMYK. I can assure you your settings/specs on your screen will be set different to mine meaning the colour will look different.

Brand identity.

EDIT:

Their corporate blue is PMS 653 cv for print, or #0A357E for screen, which turns out to be this:

0a357e.png

HP Medium Blue.

PMS 640 cv

#0066FF

0066ff.png

HP Dark Blue.

PMS 647 cv

003366.png

All monitors are RGB while print is built by CMYK. I can assure you your settings/specs on your screen will be set different to mine meaning the colour will look different.

Obviously.

That's why I listed the PMS colours, mate.

And either way, those are the company-listed hex codes for the on-screen colours.

Brand identity.

EDIT:

0a357e.png

HP Medium Blue.

PMS 640 cv

#0066FF

0066ff.png

HP Dark Blue.

PMS 647 cv

003366.png

Obviously.

That's why I listed the PMS colours, mate.

And either way, those are the company-listed hex codes for the on-screen colours.

Couldn't be that obvious when you deal with at least one 'designer' a day who chooses to supply a file for a digital print and asks why the colour on the print doesn't match the screen they are looking at, mate.

Edited by TOPCAT
  • Like 1

Absolute quality shirt designed in house after they ended their association with kappa. Often it's the simple things that make a shirt, someone should probably pass that information onto adidas after the shit they've released this season.

Clearly haven't seen Bayern or Chelsea home/away then.

Absolute quality shirt designed in house after they ended their association with kappa. Often it's the simple things that make a shirt, someone should probably pass that information onto adidas after the shit they've released this season.

Clearly haven't seen Bayern or Chelsea home/away then.

Chelsea's away kit is a winner.