Melbourne Football

MHFC Fan Forum - May 24 2012 @ La Trobe Uni (Confirmed by Club Email)

LR9

A big question I have is how far along the facility upgrade is. Last I remember, we were simply waiting on funding from local, state and federal governments.

In the current budget climate at State and Federal levels this is not just a minor roadblock. Could be waiting a while.

In the current budget climate at State and Federal levels this is not just a minor roadblock. Could be waiting a while.

Yeah that's the last I have heard of it. Don't expect anything. Although there was a soccer facility upgrade in the Vic Budget so maybe next years budget? Hopefully.

Was going to do some volunteer work with them in a medical capacity last season. Have had a number of chats with them about training philosophy, recovery strategies, play specific training schedules, training loads, nutrition and more over the past year and a half. When I say they know their shit, they know their shit.

The issue for us isn't so much to do with having a low training level or low base fitness. What we are lacking compared to some other clubs is elite level pitch. The La Trobe pitch is quite good, and has certainly improved a lot since we started there, but compared with AAMI Park it's a bit of a dip. A big question I have is how far along the facility upgrade is. Last I remember, we were simply waiting on funding from local, state and federal governments.

FWIW, found this article, didn't see much of it in the media.

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/articles/2012/article/la-trobe-extends-its-heart

Yes, thanks for the info and link.

Maybe someone should raise the issue of the poor work done in the media department, or lack of. Most of my news about Heart come from the community, it's all a bit bourgeoise.

Wait. What?

Lol, maybe clandestine is a better word?

Unless you have advanced from lowly echelons, been bestowed the apron of nezbeth and staff of Gilgamesh, the secrets of the New Club Order cannot be revealed.

PI course could circumvent the secret handshake, but even that has it's limits.

Go look at any club in Europe, their websites are newsreels themselves, even some nsl clubs have a thousand times better info.

Lol, maybe clandestine is a better word?

Unless you have advanced from lowly echelons, been bestowed the apron of nezbeth and staff of Gilgamesh, the secrets of the New Club Order cannot be revealed.

PI course could circumvent the secret handshake, but even that has it's limits.

Go look at any club in Europe, their websites are newsreels themselves, even some nsl clubs have a thousand times better info.

Oh, I %100 on your appraisal of the dismal online interface as well as the slow trickle of cryptic titbits fed to us via the club's social media, I was mainly questioning the choice of the word 'Bourgeois' as it seemed rather out of place.

Iam enjoying the Freemasonry allusion though, carry on.

Oh, I %100 on your appraisal of the dismal online interface as well as the slow trickle of cryptic titbits fed to us via the club's social media, I was mainly questioning the choice of the word 'Bourgeois' as it seemed rather out of place.

Iam enjoying the Freemasonry allusion though, carry on.

Probably my sense of humour,getting in the way of a suitable word.

I completely agree with you Moops as well, the state of Melbourne Heart Wikipedia page paints the story of how well the club does at getting information out: In that there is barely anything on it and half of the stuff that is there is wrong.

The only news I seem to get about what’s going on usually comes from the supposed “Club Insiders” on this forum.

On my Facebook wall Celtic FC and Geelong Cats bombard me with news stories from their official pages a least a few times a day. I also def get a lot more information from a Port Melbourne Boroughs Supporters Page run by a fellow supporter.

In fact even Heidelberg Utd probably put up just as much information (When in season as the MH page does when in season).

In fact the MHFC Supporters FB page releases so many more status updates than the official MHFC FB page its quite clear that some supporters think that this is the actual official Club FB Page by the comments they post.

Edited by cadete

I do wonder, with all the ' community engagement ' to entice memberships, to not continue engaging those who signed up, is akin to snobbery (hence my bourgeoisie take on warped humour ) is like to shooting ones self in the foot.

I am a loyal kinda guy, but some provincial upstarts may feel the information rich need a revolution, or defection en-mass to the diplomatic Lords of the enemy could become more exciting a prospect.

I have waffled on way too much on the subject, time to get the printing press operational.

I do wonder, with all the ' community engagement ' to entice memberships, to not continue engaging those who signed up, is akin to snobbery (hence my bourgeoisie take on warped humour ) is like to shooting ones self in the foot.

I am a loyal kinda guy, but some provincial upstarts may feel the information rich need a revolution, or defection en-mass to the diplomatic Lords of the enemy could become more exciting a prospect.

I have waffled on way too much on the subject, time to get the printing press operational.

It's not only those of us who signed up and are members...the club just doesn't seem to get that many people do actually look on the web for information...and that we miss a massive opportunity to stimulate interest in the game and the club that may ultimately lead to bigger crowds and more members. The website advertises a function that took place on 26th April, lists players and staff who have already left the club...and so on and so forth. Worst of all, there is not even a tab to 'Contact Us' that gives telephone numbers etc. whereby you can contact the Heart if you want to find out about the club (I had to put 'contact us' in the search engine to find the details).

The web-site is just so bad it is unbelievable.

Has anyone received an email from MHFC HQ confirming that it's on this Thursday and what the agenda will be? And while I'm at it, does anybody know of a member that didn't receive the inital invitation to the forum?

I was a 5 game member twice and I didn't receive an email. But I did email them and confirmed my attendance

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I was a 5 game member twice and I didn't receive an email. But I did email them and confirmed my attendance

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

I 'd like to see what the agenda is or are we just being invited over for refreshments and a meet&greet? Hopefully some news come out like really soon.

my post from page 5

Lads, just thought id help out those who aren't too familiar with LaTrobe Uni as the campus is fucken huge and this lecture theatre is a bit of an obscure one too. The Hooper theatre is on the ground floor and the Szental on top of it. Stairs on the outside of the Hooper up to it.

1e2d5w.png

I've also marked out free carparking on the map because %90 of the rest is paid parking and you can only buy ALL DAY TICKETS($8). The free parking is also on the appropriate side to get to the Szental LT as well.

These are the bus routes that service the Uni and the main bus stop is very close to the Szental.

246: ELSTERNWICK - CLIFTON HILL - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY

250: GARDEN CITY/PORT MELBOURNE - CITY - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY

340: CITY - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY (VIA FREEWAY)

548: KEW (COTHAM ROAD) - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY (INCLUDING EXTENSION TO GRANGE BOULEVARD)

550: NORTHLAND SHOPPING CENTRE - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY INTERCHANGE

551: HEIDELBERG - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY INTERCHANGE

561: COBURG - MACLEOD (VIA RESERVOIR AND LA TROBE UNIVERSITY)

563: GREENSBOROUGH - NORTHLAND (VIA APOLLO PARKWAYS - SOUTH MORANG - MILL PARK - BUNDOORA - MT. COOPER)

566: NORTHLAND - LALOR (VIA KINGSBURY, WATSONIA, WATSONIA NORTH, GREENSBOROUGH, BUNDOORA, MILL PARK)

86 Tram:Stop60. is also very close and 5mins walk to the Uni.

Hope it helps, happy to answer any other questions on LaTrobe Uni logistics as well.

• Like 2

my post from page 5

Lads, just thought id help out those who aren't too familiar with LaTrobe Uni as the campus is fucken huge and this lecture theatre is a bit of an obscure one too. The Hooper theatre is on the ground floor and the Szental on top of it. Stairs on the outside of the Hooper up to it.

1e2d5w.png

I've also marked out free carparking on the map because %90 of the rest is paid parking and you can only buy ALL DAY TICKETS($8). The free parking is also on the appropriate side to get to the Szental LT as well.

These are the bus routes that service the Uni and the main bus stop is very close to the Szental.

246: ELSTERNWICK - CLIFTON HILL - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY

250: GARDEN CITY/PORT MELBOURNE - CITY - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY

340: CITY - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY (VIA FREEWAY)

548: KEW (COTHAM ROAD) - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY (INCLUDING EXTENSION TO GRANGE BOULEVARD)

550: NORTHLAND SHOPPING CENTRE - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY INTERCHANGE

551: HEIDELBERG - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY INTERCHANGE

561: COBURG - MACLEOD (VIA RESERVOIR AND LA TROBE UNIVERSITY)

563: GREENSBOROUGH - NORTHLAND (VIA APOLLO PARKWAYS - SOUTH MORANG - MILL PARK - BUNDOORA - MT. COOPER)

566: NORTHLAND - LALOR (VIA KINGSBURY, WATSONIA, WATSONIA NORTH, GREENSBOROUGH, BUNDOORA, MILL PARK)

86 Tram:Stop60. is also very close and 5mins walk to the Uni.

Hope it helps, happy to answer any other questions on LaTrobe Uni logistics as well.

Why did the guy @ Intensity have to get rid of the NFL Blitz Machine?

Not only was it the best game at that place, but there were only three Grand Champions in the High Scores and I was one of them...

Edited by cadete

Just to clarify, it isnt actually on Kingsbury drive that this free parking is, but rather just inside of that

Along Kingsbury drive there is cyclone wire fencing. Behind said wire, it is free parking. Take the left hand entrance to LaTrobe off Kingbury drive. Follow signs to Carpark '2A'.

This all said, Im begining to think more and more that all parking is free after 6.30pm. Just check the signs.

Edited by Braveheart

Ladies and gentlemen, I hope im not too late with this post. But BRING YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH YOU!!!

the letter I posted might not be enough. Or they changes conditions of entry.

Also if you know of anyone that's going, please tell them to bring there membership also. Thanks and see you all there.