Melbourne Football

Tinkler hands in Jets License (RIP A-League)

MTP

1. No one is investing in an A-League team as a business investment, there isnt enough money to be made for the risk.

2. There isnt enough money and benevolence amongst football people in this country to fund 10 A-League teams out of their goodwill and love for the sport.

Has to come from somewhere if you want a league.

So at the end of the day from a financial/business POV, which is generally your main battleground on these matters, both the Newcastle Jets and GCU are poignant examples of two amazingly successful businessmen who are the pinups of the entrepreneurial world in Australia, in both Palmer and Tinkler who made HORRENDOUS business decisions as they were aware of the regulatory framework before they signed contracts and being so incredibly business/legal savvy fucked up majorly by investing in highly regulated/interventionist and unstable markets. If there was no room to make money, the FFA are all incompetent clowns and these two Gods of Entrepreneurship still invested, I would say maybe they fucked up.

The only real losers here are the GCU, NJU and our league as a whole. Ill let you do the crying for Palmer's and Tinkler's lack of Sporting Business acumen.

This isn't the UK/ITALY/RUSSIA. Private ownership doesn't work in Australian sport. Numerous examples from the AFL and NSWRL of clubs going to the brink due to Rich men losing interest or stock options being given away like lollies and only being saved by franchising and re-configuring via Membership models.

You may say that there aren't enough members to fund our clubs and you may be right too but it doesn't seem like your billionaires are helping too much any more either.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 1

also, via Craig Foster's Facebook page:

Craig Foster

I have been a bit quiet lately on networking socially but feel an opportunity to express my opinionality on the recent tragedy for the A-League community regardingly the Jets license revokingly which makes a joke of Ben Buckley, whom we can't trust internally to run an organisation nationally.

There is little to no sustainabilty abroad the A-League since Ben Buckleys entry accepted greatly by Frank Lowry. We need the game run perfectly and be good strcuturaly, financially and marketably. We need things to be done right tactically so eventually we are a force globally instead of being laughed at jokingly by fat men in the mining industry.

I have no experience businessly but raise my hand up highly to run the game nationally and raise the bar significantly and fight off the rival codes viciously and leave them all together crying painfully for we reign supremely.

Vote Craig Foster to predominately take over the FFA immediately and make football in this country the best thing since the day of my birthality

lawl.

So at the end of the day from a financial/business POV, which is generally your main battleground on these matters, both the Newcastle Jets and GCU are poignant examples of two amazingly successful businessmen who are the pinups of the entrepreneurial world in Australia, in both Palmer and Tinkler who made HORRENDOUS business decisions as they were aware of the regulatory framework before they signed contracts and being so incredibly business/legal savvy fucked up majorly by investing in highly regulated/interventionist and unstable markets. If there was no room to make money, the FFA are all incompetent clowns and these two Gods of Entrepreneurship still invested, I would say maybe they fucked up.

Tinkler didnt invest in Newcastle as a business decision, I thought that was quite clear TBH. I doubt palmer did as well, but thats less clear. Seemed like he just wanted to have a club to boost his large ego some more, by winning the league. Remember, he did go all out first season and was aslo talking up how his team was going to win the league. But I do think he under estimated the losses that the club would face.

This isn't the UK/ITALY/RUSSIA. Private ownership doesn't work in Australian sport. Numerous examples from the AFL and NSWRL of clubs going to the brink due to Rich men losing interest or stock options being given away like lollies and only being saved by franchising and re-configuring via Membership models.

You may say that there aren't enough members to fund our clubs and you may be right too but it doesn't seem like your billionaires are helping too much any more either.

I really dont see what makes Australia special in that it wouldnt work. Anyway, I'm not going to sit here and talk about how great private ownership of sporting clubs is, because it isnt, but if you want there to be an A-league it is the only way its going to happen.

And fwiw, I dont see it being easy for in any professional league in any sport in any country in the modern day to start a new sporting club solely from members like we have seen in history. Your going to either need private ownership or like with the AFL's new clubs how the AFL has financed it.

One way or another, Nathan Tinkler is likely to have to keep paying for Newcastle Jets. Yesterday, he tried to hand back his licence to Football Federation Australia, but FFA refused to accept it. Such was the strength of the language from the warring parties that an amicable resolution seems impossible, so get ready for the courts. And that's where Tinkler might well have overplayed his hand

Tinkler didnt invest in Newcastle as a business decision, I thought that was quite clear TBH.

So if it was benevolence for football or the ambition to win the league, what's changed? Basically they've they have got bored or their benevolence has run out. Essentially, the league is loser from the whims of rich men.

So if it was benevolence for football or the ambition to win the league, what's changed? Basically they've they have got bored or their benevolence has run out. Essentially, the league is loser from the whims of rich men.

He lost confidence in the FFA. Like I saying in my other post, he even committed $1mil a year to grassroots football projects in Newcastle because he sees that a better use of his money than backing an A-League club. Again in an article today he says he lost confidence in FFA and thinks that the A-League is doomed to fail, whereas he has complete faith in the current NRL administration and will continue with the Newcastle Knights. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/nathan-tinkler-apologises-to-jets-fans-for-withdrawing-their-team-from-the-doomed-a-league/story-e6frey4r-1226324321032

Edited by Tesla

Holy fuck, I go away for a week, and come back to this. Still stunned, came out of nowhere.

Firstly, the discussion in this thread is top quality. If we can look past the tempers that have arised due to differing views, the thought processes from most on here actually aren't retarded, and there are points that can be taken from both sides.

Now, I know I'm late, but like I said, this is the first time I've seen or heard of this, and I really am interested in the discussions so far. This is my input..

I feel that the blame has to be spread to all parties involved, but originates from the league's structure. When looking at sport in Australia, most sports can follow the standard set-up, as it's all based locally (in Australia). However, football needs to be looked at separately in all aspects, especially ownership.

From day dot, the league was destined to fail. That moment may not be now, but it will eventually come unless the league set-up changes now. Business isn't my strongest point just yet, but it's not hard to see that an A-league team is a shocking investment. Stop trying to run the sport like AFL and other localised sports, and try something new. I have no idea as to what to do, but I know the current way is not working.

Buckley and co have demonstrated some appalling negotiation skills, and need to show much more respect to the people who are either passionate, rich or dumb enough to invest in the licences. That said, those with the cash have shown they have little interest in the sport, and have just jumped at the chance to own a football team (Pink Floyd anyone?)

Egos have clashed, and now I believe that in 20 or so years, we will look back on this period as a dark time in which we were forgotten during the fight for power between the 'big boys'. The code's reputation is suffering even further, and even worse, the actual sport itself has been forgotten. To add to this, I am very uncertain about future funding for the sport.

Throughout history, the Government has focussed on winning medals, with most funding at the grassroots level aiming to increase the talent pool for olympic events. This year, Australia heads to the Olympics with many doubts over the strength of our teams. Our main rival, Britain, has invested significantly larger sums of money into their campaign, and there is unsurprisingly a strong correlation between funding and success. It is generally agreed that Australia will be raped up the bum by our competitors this year, and as such, expect the amount of money going into olympic sports to increase dramatically.

All this extra money will come from existing funding for sport, plus whatever else the Gov feels necessary. After looking at where the money provided to our sport is going (protip: down the gutter), I would not be surprised to see significant cuts to our budget.

Irresponsibility will come back to haunt our league for some time. Current techniques are not working, and something needs to be done ASAP to fix the unstable situation the sport is in.

Sorry for rambling and possibly going off topic here and there, but I'll be elaborating on these points in my assignment, so this acted as a good plan for me.

I think if the FFA fight and win to force tinkler to keep the jets going, then that will be a worse result than him giving it up.

I would imagine it would be run on a shoe string budget, leaving the quality back at vpl standard perhaps.

I don't think anyone wants that..

Better off the FFA getting the licence back , and handing over to someone as a going concern..

The FFA would still have to change as its obviously not working under the current system.

Ive seen the change FIFA campaign - maybe we need a change FFA canpaign

He lost confidence in the FFA. Like I saying in my other post, he even committed $1mil a year to grassroots football projects in Newcastle because he sees that a better use of his money than backing an A-League club. Again in an article today he says he lost confidence in FFA and thinks that the A-League is doomed to fail, whereas he has complete faith in the current NRL administration and will continue with the Newcastle Knights. http://www.dailytele...r-1226324321032

Hook. Line. Sinker. If you actually believe the $1 million to grassroots is anything but a public relations ploy. It is a piecemeal gesture & nothing more then pocket money from a man of his wealth. Public relations 101 mate, the kind of stuff you see repeated all the time from opulent businesses and individuals & rarely (when you look into the cases) does the money ever get delivered after the newscycle has moved on.

I will repeat it once more, Tinkler doesn't care about the game. He is on record that Rugby League is his first and biggest love, and is now getting in the media saying he will destroy the A-League if he doesn't get his way with the FFA. It's ridiculous & a threat to my own club, so excuse me if I take his $1 million offering with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately your position allows owners in the game to escape scott free for spitting their load and dumping fans without warning.

Because you labelled my original post as being 'outside the realms of reality', I can only take it that you support the fact that Newcastle fans were given no consultation from their leadership that they were going to kill their club? That you don't believe the football supporters deserve better then a pissy press release alerting them that their club is over? And following this - that you don’t believe football fans have a stake in the game and have a right to be kept abreast of developments that affect the survivability of their club?

Look at the Newy forums, and although they are as disillusioned with the FFA as anyone, they are pointing their pitchforks at Tinkler for dogging them over and not giving them a heads up about his intentions. At the end of the day they are the only ones that matter in all this, and Tbh, I'd take their concerns over anyone else here (including yours).

With everything that being aired now about Tinkler's other dealings. It doesn't paint a glowing picture of a business man that you can show respect to or have faith that your dealing with an honourable person. Fact is, Tinkler wanted Knights, and he used the Jets to get the Knights. And when the money at the Jets became too much for his wallet, he walked. Having no confidence in the FFA was just his excuse.

And so you can't mince my position, let me be clear. I support having owners in the game. I even support having owner's who aren’t football people first and foremost (Geoff Lord @ MVFC & the Norwood AFL consortium that controls Adelaide, being notable examples). What I oppose is people coming into the game thinking they are bigger than the code, and having no qualms in destroying huge swaths of the football public for their own personal benefit. Football belongs to the people, and if people like Palmer are going to come in and cap crowds and ruin an entire market, we are better off without them.

Perhaps my original post in here was more emotive then my normal self on these forums, but when people start hero worshipping someone that has stated publicly that he wants to bankrupt the code(I'm talking about Palmer), I find it hard to take them seriously as a true supporter of our code and the game in this country.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

Attention: Frank Lowy

Chairman - Football Federation Australia

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE FFA

Dear Mr Lowy,

We write to you as a matter of urgency on behalf of the Newcastle Jets contracted players in the A-League competition.

We are all devastated that the Hunter Sports Group has returned its A-League licence but also acknowledge their reasons for doing so.

Since Nathan Tinkler's involvement with the Jets we have been privileged to play with one of the most professional clubs in the A-League competition. The fact that many of our young players had the opportunity to play against David Beckham and the LA Galaxy was just one of the many unique experiences we have had.

We have all noticed a massive change for the better with community engagement, a true pathway for young locals, a 10,000 membership base, large and enthusiastic crowds and above all, a real connection with the community.

We are all very proud to have contributed to this massive change under the leadership and vision of the Hunter Sports Group.

As a sign of good faith from HSG we can confirm that our salaries for this month have been paid in advance.

We have no doubt there are two sides to a dispute like this, however we feel it is critical that the issues between HSG and the FFA are addressed as a matter of urgency.

Over the past seven years we have seen a variety of clubs collapse and others change ownership. This is not a stable environment for the competition, players and the fans.

Jets previous owner Con Constantine lost many millions of dollars and was forced to walk away from the game he loves after his team had its licence revoked because of financial problems.

Our game needs the type of people who are prepared to back football with their money, passion and beliefs for the game.

It is very disappointing to see so many clubs change hands in the A-League, and so many contracted players at risk.

We therefore ask you on behalf of the Jets players and fans, as the governing body, to address all issues with current owners before it becomes irretrievable.

We believe it is incumbent on the current A-League and FFA management to do everything in its power to protect the game, the players and the fans for the future of football in Australia.

With respect

MICHAEL BRIDGES

On behalf of:

Ryan Griffiths, Marko Jesic, Ben Kennedy, Jobe Wheelhouse, Ruben Zadkovich, Mitchell Oxborrow, Connor Chapman, Jack Duncan, Ben Kantarovski, Jacob Pepper, James Virgili

Excellent letter.

Edited by Hendo
  • Like 3

If Tinkler walks away from the remaining eight years of his A-League licence, the Knights and HSG could be exposed to the following costs:

- damages to value of FFA's TV contract over eight years - $10 million;

- damages to naming rights partner and other sponsors - $5 million;

- general image and reputation damages to A-League - $5 million;

- damages to other clubs losing home matches v Jets $10 million;

- current player contracts - $2.4 million;

- new player contracts worth $500,000;

- Jason Culina's marquee contract - $4 million.

Hook. Line. Sinker. If you actually believe the $1 million to grassroots is anything but a public relations ploy. It is a piecemeal gesture & nothing more then pocket money from a man of his wealth. Public relations 101 mate, the kind of stuff you see repeated all the time from opulent businesses and individuals & rarely (when you look into the cases) does the money ever get delivered after the newscycle has moved on.

I will repeat it once more, Tinkler doesn't care about the game. He is on record that Rugby League is his first and biggest love, and is now getting in the media saying he will destroy the A-League if he doesn't get his way with the FFA. It's ridiculous & a threat to my own club, so excuse me if I take his $1 million offering with a grain of salt.

Who cares why he done it, what matters is that he is giving $1mil a year to grassroots football in Newcastle. Every decision and action that anyone makes is done for selfish reasons, even the most benevolent ones. So for me, it doesnt matter.

Because you labelled my original post as being 'outside the realms of reality', I can only take it that you support the fact that Newcastle fans were given no consultation from their leadership that they were going to kill their club?

This is a classic example of a "straw man" fallacy and significantly lowers the quality of your whole post.

Unfortunately your position allows owners in the game to escape scott free for spitting their load and dumping fans without warning.

Because you labelled my original post as being 'outside the realms of reality', I can only take it that you support the fact that Newcastle fans were given no consultation from their leadership that they were going to kill their club? That you don't believe the football supporters deserve better then a pissy press release alerting them that their club is over? And following this - that you don’t believe football fans have a stake in the game and have a right to be kept abreast of developments that affect the survivability of their club?

Look at the Newy forums, and although they are as disillusioned with the FFA as anyone, they are pointing their pitchforks at Tinkler for dogging them over and not giving them a heads up about his intentions. At the end of the day they are the only ones that matter in all this, and Tbh, I'd take their concerns over anyone else here (including yours).

Not really sure what you are arguing. Are you arguing that Tinkler is wrong for leaving the club, or are you arguing that his wrong for leaving the club without giving the fans any notice (which implies that him leaving the club isn't the actual problem)? How does this contradict my argument that the FFA is to blame for, through its incompetence, creating a scenario where Tinkler was pushed away, and other investors and future investors are also being pushed away.

Fact is, Tinkler wanted Knights, and he used the Jets to get the Knights. And when the money at the Jets became too much for his wallet, he walked. Having no confidence in the FFA was just his excuse.

This is an example of "post hoc ergo propter hoc" and is therefore not a legitimate argument, again lowering the quality of your post. Also it might be worth noting that prepending "fact is" to a sentence doesnt actually make it a fact.

Football belongs to the people, and if people like Palmer are going to come in and cap crowds and ruin an entire market, we are better off without them.

What if capping the crowd is the only way the club would survive financially? Then is it alright?

Also claiming that he ruined the market is highly debatable, when given free tickets only 10k and 14k showed up, so I'm not sure there was much of a market there in the first place.

someone that has stated publicly that he wants to bankrupt the code(I'm talking about Palmer)

I must have missed this, can you link me to an article or similar where he is quoted as saying this.

Edited by Tesla

This is an example of "post hoc ergo propter hoc" and is therefore not a legitimate argument, again lowering the quality of your post.

This is a classic example of a "straw man" fallacy and significantly lowers the quality of your whole post.

Well, This here is an example of "Purple Prose", in which a person deliberately uses overly elaborate language or technical jargon to intimidate and confuse in a bid to strengthen the position of their argument.

Somebody has been doing their Critical Communication reading. Uni going well?

Btw when you are activating the Latin Idiom "post hoc ergo propter hoc" in prose or parlance, the convention is to simply express it as "Post Hoc" as the subsequent is implied.

• Like 2

Well, This here is an example of "Purple Prose", in which a person deliberately uses overly elaborate language or technical jargon to intimidate and confuse in a bid to strengthen the position of their argument.

Btw when you are activating the Latin Idiom "post hoc ergo propter hoc" in prose or parlance, the convention is to simply express it as "Post Hoc" as the subsequent is implied.

Lol - He just did to Telsa what Matt Damon did to that Douche in Good Will Hunting!

• Like 1

Braveheart, I was awaiting your reply.

No, its an example of presenting a proper, intelligent, and logical argument rather than resorting to logical fallacies to try win an argument.

Now, since I know you have similar views as FB, this is an example of a red herring, attacking my use of rational and logic in order to divert from the real issue.

I graduated, and I didnt study an arts degree where we learn pointless subjects like this.

I didnt think many people on this forum are well versed in Latin so I refrained from shortening the term for them.

Btw, strong irony.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Truth.

Football doesn't just have an elephant in the room, we have a great big herd stampeding through and, all the while, we keep looking elsewhere instead of facing the tough questions.

The gun was turned on Nathan Tinkler during the week, but let's be honest with each other, the actions of Hunter Sports Group were hardly surprising, given its treatment. No one supports a club pulling out of the A-League, but we understand why it happened.

Tinkler was treated appallingly by football, and it seems plenty are prepared to stand by and let it happen because we are so desperate for the game to succeed that we are at a point where just about anything goes.

Tinkler says he was deceived and told a total fee of $5 million - irrespective of the semantics over acquisition or licence - was standard to all clubs. So the issue is straightforward.

Was Tinkler told the fee was standard, when it patently is not, at a time when he was prepared to support a game he hardly knew for his local community and save a bankrupt club? Who cares? He should have done his due diligence, some say.

On what? A shell? With no accounts, almost no members, mounting debts, a tainted brand and in a situation of severe time pressure? This was not about a business transaction but saving a community asset, and if Tinkler was given assurances by the chairman or management of the FFA, as someone new to the game with no reference point or understanding of the league's economics, he was bloody well entitled to believe them.

With little time and less information to go on, Tinkler made the call to put his money into our game, and we burned him. Possibly right from the start, if Tinkler's comments are accurate. Hunter Sports Group says there was no transparency relating to the role of Ken Edwards and a commission fee, something that later came to light, and it was hung out to dry on Jason Culina's insurance matter because the FFA's own core agreements - the collective bargaining agreement with the players and the club participation agreement with the owners - are inconsistent on the matter. A case of three strikes and you're out, it appears.

Along the way, Tinkler contributed $12 million, ran his club superbly well, engaged the community better than anyone and became a model the FFA was looking to replicate elsewhere. Even though he had no background in the game.

Further, and even though he felt badly ripped off from day one, Tinkler reportedly offered more than $20 million to part-fund the league in order to see it better managed. That is a considerable commitment to the game, whatever his background or motivations, and this week, his own players thanked him for it and called for him to stay in the game.

So please, give me any reason, any excuse, just not that Tinkler is anti-football and should have shut up and copped it sweet. Trouble with these issues is, they divide the game, because people feel compelled to take sides. Don't. There's only one side, football.

My role, your role, our role is not to support FFA, Frank Lowy, the owners or anyone else, but the game itself. That's where our allegiance lies now and always and, as people come and go, it is the game that must prevail. I don't believe in saviours, never have, only vision, sound management and quality decision-making.

Which brings us back to the herd stampeding through the room.

Lowy must feel some embarrassment at the fact that what Tinkler has done replicates almost exactly what he did back in 1987 by pulling Sydney City out of the NSL. Only difference is, Lowy did so after the season had begun, after just one game in fact, and for the same reasons.

Lowy said he could not work with the administration of the day and wanted better management. So, too, did HSG. The question that is now increasingly being asked is whether Frank Lowy remains a help, or has become a hindrance, to the game. His influence was a key catalyst in the rebuilding process a decade ago, but managing a professional league is clearly a different matter entirely. With just three years until stepping down as chairman on the back of the 2015 Asian Cup, Lowy obviously wants to exit triumphantly with the A-League alive and well and his legacy secure.

The question is whether his unwillingness to relinquish control or revisit the model that has recently seen two owners with deep pockets leave is in the long-term interests of the league and the game, or his own.

Given that the remaining owners recently accepted a new committee structure as sufficient involvement to create necessary change and therefore that we are all now effectively strapped in for the ride, my hope is that they are one and the same.

Twitter - @Craig-Foster

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/football/theres-no-need-to-take-sides--the-loser-is-clearly-football-20120414-1x02h.html

FRANK Lowy and Nathan Tinkler will try to hold discussions this week, in a bid to prevent the acrimonious dispute over the future of the Newcastle Jets heading for the Supreme Court.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/nathan-tinkler-and-frank-lowy-to-try-to-keep-dispute-over-newcastle-jets-out-of-court/story-e6frey4r-1226327202786

Good news. I think a resolution will be found because both partys have strong incentives to resolve this. Tinkler could lose a lot of money in court while FFA is in big trouble without Newcastle.

• Like 1

FRANK Lowy and Nathan Tinkler will try to hold discussions this week, in a bid to prevent the acrimonious dispute over the future of the Newcastle Jets heading for the Supreme Court.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/nathan-tinkler-and-frank-lowy-to-try-to-keep-dispute-over-newcastle-jets-out-of-court/story-e6frey4r-1226327202786

Good news. I think a resolution will be found because both partys have strong incentives to resolve this. Tinkler could lose a lot of money in court while FFA is in big trouble without Newcastle.

Promising.

Newcastle wanted their licence fee amended to fall in line with the lesser fees paid by the owners of Adelaide United, whose transaction was completed just two months after that of the Jets.

The Jets also demanded former captain Jason Culina's insurance matter be settled immediately, with the financial liability being shared equally between the Newcastle Jets, the FFA and the player.

If those requirements were met the Jets said they would continue with their A-League license until June 30 2020.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/237578,jets-ffa-unwilling-on-compromise.aspx

Those are the terms that apparently Newcastle want. FFA unwilling to meet them at this stage. Newcastle unwilling to back down at this stage.

Meanwhile, around 1000 Newcastle fans showed up to a rally tonight.

Edited by Tesla

"The FFA's mindset of being unwilling to negotiate provides a clear impression that FFA does not want the Newcastle Jets to be part of the football family."

What a load of bullshit. It's fairly obvious that a team in Newcastle is quite important for the league and sport in the country, no way the FFA have set out to kick them out. I agree that there are a few issues that need to be sorted out, especially the license fee, unless the club was valued at that price.

However, this comment just makes me feel like Tinkler is just trying to make things difficult, and was always going to hand his license in, even if this compromise was agreed on. Actually backing the FFA for once, something's wrong here.

• Like 1

Rumors are on twitter than another A-League club is to fold. SBS journalist Glenn Osborne has tweeted that one club will hand back their license by the end of the week.

Just read this on The Beautiful Game's facebook page. And the majority of people on the page thinks that the teams to fold are either Perth or the Mariners.

What is this league coming to...

Edited by tomby

Just read this on The Beautiful Game's facebook page. And the majority of people on the page thinks that the teams to fold are either Perth or the Mariners.

Can see the Mariners folding.

Fuck this shit. It's falling apart.

The Mariners CEO has come out and said basically 'No, we will not fold', in response to Osborne's claims on twitter.

cant see Perth folding, they usually have strong crowed numbers for A-League standards IIRC.

cant see Perth folding, they usually have strong crowed numbers for A-League standards IIRC

Newcastle are the second best supported team in the league behind Victory. I can't remember all the times they've nearly gone under.

Crowd averages will do sweet shit all to help you because the system is fucked. Sack everyone ffs.

That said, Perth won't fold cause Sage isn't a fuckhead.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Newcastle are the second best supported team in the league behind Victory. I can't remember all the times they've nearly gone under.

Crowd averages will do sweet shit all to help you because the system is fucked. Sack everyone ffs.

That said, Perth won't fold cause Sage isn't a fuckhead.

Lol, the same Sage that threatened to quit about a month ago ?

Fuck Perth off already, instantly save fuck-loads in travel costs. Australia is to big to afford traveling there every 2nd week.

Give a licence to Auckland City FC, Canberra United and South Melbourne.

2 teams in NZ raises the profile of the sport, and Auckland already have a good enough manager and squad as is.

Souths are in the same boat + Have their own stadium, they would probably be the most profitable club in the league.

Canberra have what it takes, they have the backing, a good base membership an established Women's/Youth sides.

12 clubs build on it, no expansion until at least 2020.

Edited by LR9

Fuck Perth off already, instantly save fuck-loads in travel costs. Australia is to big to afford traveling there every 2nd week.

Give a licence to Auckland City FC

Perth is roughly, as the crow flies, 100kms closer than Auckland. So how would that save on Travel time? You also have to pay a lot more in taxes due it being an International flight to Auckland.