Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

• 2 weeks later...

Some good sales on Amazon at the moment for pc games, you just have to put a fake US address, doesn't matter since you just get a key anyway to enter into steam/origin. Picked up command & conquer complete collection for 5$, solid memories playing some of these. Might buy a few newer games too but I keep filling my steam and origin up with games that I never end up playing as I don't have time.

Thoughts on cod ghosts?

Got it for PS3, it's the most different feeling CoD imo but it's pretty clunky and I'm not a big fan of the maps or gameplay.

Black Ops is still my fave, followed by MW2 and Blops 2.

But they're all pretty shit games in the wider context nonetheless

I researched a bit why ghosts online seems to be harder than the previous games. In a nutshell ghosts online maps are designed to have more environment and angles than usual and it cancels the traditional 3 lanes CoD usually had just like in Dota or League of Legends. Ghosts is more camping friendly and you need more patience and clue when you're playing it. I'm glad that they got rid of the 3 lanes they had.

I researched a bit why ghosts online seems to be harder than the previous games. In a nutshell ghosts online maps are designed to have more environment and angles than usual and it cancels the traditional 3 lanes CoD usually had just like in Dota or League of Legends. Ghosts is more camping friendly and you need more patience and clue when you're playing it. I'm glad that they got rid of the 3 lanes they had.

I prefer the 3 lane element to it personally, I can acknowledge that extra patience and caution (not necessarily camping) is required in Ghosts but I have experienced so many bullshit deaths because of the clusterfuck setup of the maps that I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

Of course if I play it more I'll get better but I don't play CoD to be a careful cat, I like running around like Rambo with my shotgun which is pretty tricky to do in Ghosts so I've just been playing Blops 2 for that instead.

I'm with Malloy, drop this modern/future shit and go back in time like the Vietnam war or Korean War, or even go back to WW2. Wolfenstein is going to be interesting tbh

Wouldn't mind seeing a WW1 game. Though might not be as action packed as people would want due to limited automatic weapons

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the 3 lane element to it personally, I can acknowledge that extra patience and caution (not necessarily camping) is required in Ghosts but I have experienced so many bullshit deaths because of the clusterfuck setup of the maps that I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

Of course if I play it more I'll get better but I don't play CoD to be a careful cat, I like running around like Rambo with my shotgun which is pretty tricky to do in Ghosts so I've just been playing Blops 2 for that instead.

The shotgun method just doesnt work aswell on ghosts for me

• 3 weeks later...