Melbourne Football

PFA A-League Team Of The Season

Libero

released in today's herald sun, was the PFA's A-League team of the season.

Team as follows:

.................................................Matt Ryan.................................................

......Michael Marrone..............Patrick Zwaansijk...........Josh Rose..............

Tom Broich.....................Fred © ...................Mitch Nichols..........Aziz Behich

................Paul Ifill...................Besart Berisha.........Archie Thompson.........

Bench:

Clint Bolton

Andrew Durante

Nicky Carle

Carlos Hernandez

Harry Kewell

Coach: Graham Arnold

Thoughts?

Edited by nicotera5

Just goes to show how highly Fred is rated by the players. Congrats to Aziz and Marrone - well deserved. If Mate had kept up his good early season form for most of the year he would be in there as well.

That's spot on. Fred was captain, which i forgot to put in the OP (until now).

Mate is a legend, even though his late season form wasn't as good as his early season form.

Aziz and Marrone could be (they are!) my favorite players :wub:

Edited by nicotera5

AFAIK it's just the members of the Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) voting on themselves. Has no real significance other than that.

Well players are being judged by their Peers: So I see a fair bit of significance in these awards as its the players who know who are best performers out on the pitch.

In particular I think it’s important that more A League players saw Fred as the best captain in the league than any other, kind of justifies the club's decision early in the year that this what even opponents players who see him in action on the pitch think.