Melbourne Football

ACG out of Y-Side

spain82

Mate copped a 5 year ban for allegedly lighting a flare in the round 25 game against Wellington Phoenix... a flare he DID NOT LIGHT... In fact I don't think he's ever even touched a flare. Does anyone know who can be contacted in regards to the issue, either at the club or the FFA, and or how to fight it?

Cheers

Would suggest that if the notice of ban states a specific reason for the ban and your mate is truthfully not guilty then he sign a Statutory Declaration to that effect and have it properly witnessed and send off to the FFA with covering letter requesting that the ban be rescinded. Keep copies of everything of course. Shifts the onus of proof.

Worth a go, at least.

if he was found to be in breach of the banning order, pretty sure he would end up in court very quickly then regardless of if the ban he was given was fair or not he would be in a bit of trouble. still worth fighting it, but can't see the FFA giving a fuck they will prob just ignore your friends attempts at getting the ban rescinded

Don't mean to step on any toes here, but to say "send a tweet to Scott Munn" is a pretty poor answer to a kid who's just had his innocent mate unfairly and unjustly banned from being able to watch his club play matches for 5 years.

What if it had been a main lad that got banned under similar circumstances? Would the answer still be the same?

As a collective, this is where terrace leaders must lead and fight for a just outcome for the kid and involve the wider active community if they have to.

TBH this is probably one of the more worse stories I have heard come out of the terrace in a while. Hopefully the right people are ontop of it who realise the seriousness of this and can do whatever is nessecary to get the kid's ban overturned.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

Don't mean to step on any toes here, but to say "send a tweet to Scott Munn" is a pretty poor answer to a kid who's just had his innocent mate unfairly and unjustly banned from being able to watch his club play matches for 5 years.

What if it had been a main lad that got banned under similar circumstances? Would the answer still be the same?

As a collective, this is where terrace leaders must lead and fight for a just outcome for the kid and involve the wider active community if they have to.

TBH this is probably one of the more worse stories I have heard come out of the terrace in a while. Hopefully the right people are ontop of it who realise the seriousness of this and can do whatever is nessecary to get the kid's ban overturned.

If you reread my post, I did suggest that as a starting point, obviously if that doesnt lead to to an acceptable outcome it will be pursued further.

• Like 1

This is the same guy who was also evicted along with MTP - for something neither of them did?

ACG where more of a joke than usual that day - randomly pulling people out for no reason.

Yeh pretty sure it was that day... if not it was the week after

Had mates evicted two weeks in a row for shit all

Can I suggest that anyone who hasnt renewed their membership yet, and cares about this issue, refrain from renewing their membership till there is some progress on this issue.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

Can I suggest that anyone who hasnt renewed their membership yet, and cares about this issue, refrain from renewing their membership till there is some progress on this issue.

Also if you do this please send an email to the club detailing why you are refraining from from renewing

Whatever happened to Stacey?

5 year ban + $360 fine and lets just say her mum wasn't too happy either...

In regards to the Pyro, people know the harsh penalties, security cameras at Aami can zoom into a single seat and clearly view one's face so the chances of getting away with it are pretty slim. Also down for all things regarding any form of protest, even though I personally have not been victimized by ACG, this would be a top-notch way of making the pricks earn there money and would be a good laugh :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7zMG0XNIE[/media

• Like 2

Dear Scott Munn

I have decided to indefinitely suspend the renewal of my membership due to the unjust and unfair banning of a fellow Melbourne Heart supporter. I find it utterly outrageous that the FFA have decided to ban the aforementioned person without evidence to prove that the alleged incident did actually occur and are relying upon the words of the ACG security, whom on many occasions have evicted innocent bystanders. It is for this reason that I will not be renewing my membership until evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual or the ban is rightfully rescinded.

Regards, A concerned Supporter

adjust/tweak to your liking or you can write you own if you prefer

• Like 2

I just noticed there seems to be a typo in malloy's letter template

It is for this reason that I will not be renewing my membership until there is evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual or the ban is rightfully rescinded.

or

It is for this reason that I will not be renewing my membership until evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual is demonstrated or the ban is rightfully rescinded.

or something like that, doesnt really make sense otherwise.

Anything I can do as a member who has already renewed? Should I just send my own letter outlining my disappointment?

Yeah just edit it to something like (remove 'foundation' and just leave it as 'member' if you arent a foundation member)

Dear Scott Munn

As a foundation member of Melbourne Heart I am writing to you to inform you of my disappointment at the unjust and unfair banning of a fellow Melbourne Heart member. I find it utterly outrageous that the FFA have decided to ban the aforementioned person without evidence to prove that the alleged incident did actually occur and are relying upon the words of the ACG security, whom on many occasions have evicted innocent bystanders. I will reconsider renewing my membership next season unless evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual is demonstrated or the ban is rightfully rescinded.

Regards,

A concerned member

Edited by Tesla

Hey guys, I'm the guy who got wrongfully banned. In case you were wondering, I was told I got the ban because I never denied lighting the flare to the police officer, even though I explicitly stated to him twice that I did not do it.

EDIT: Also, thanks for all the helps guys! It really is appreciated

Edited by crusso_heart

I just noticed there seems to be a typo in Tesla's letter template

/

I will (not?) re(consider?) renewing my membership next season unless evidence that the alleged incident did occur by the banned individual (and?) is (evidently?) demonstrated or the ban is rightfully rescinded (upon further investigation?).

Regards,

A concerned member

Sorry dude, not being a nitpicking wanker but that last sentence somewhat confuses me.

From a Y12 drop out so I may well be wrong!