Melbourne Football

ACG out of Y-Side

spain82

I feel ACG have a genuine dislike for the people of Yside, yes we give them a bit of work to do with restoring order after say a goal, where as at the rugby held at aami they just stand around and get paid. As the season has went on there attitude towards ysiders has got worse and worse, from the moment we set up down the front until the last person walks out at the end. I don't believe I am alone in thinking we could do without there pish attitude and there heavy handed way of jumping in and removing as many people as possible (innocent or not).

The team form etihad now police themselves, no ACG in the RT (rubbish terrace or whatever its called)

I feel ACG antagonize our supporters, and have witnessed this a few times, never mind everyone witnessing it on saturday night,

so by removing these clowns and the dislike we have generated for them would that make our terrace happier?

could we control ourselves?

• Like 1

Depends what we would have to do to control ourselves.

Are we meant to somehow try and stop people from lighting flares, or dob in people that do?

No way would we be down for that.

Would we have to stop people getting on chairs?

Wouldnt even support that.

If we are controlling ourselves we wouldnt do anything honestly, so dont know why they would let us.

• Like 1

police and acg do not like flares

no flares by the vucktree this year and they havent had any trouble or very little trouble, not counting the tasmania game since that was out of state

flares by us this season and teh acg and police will be cunts to us. and it will only get worse i feel...

When I walked into Y-Side on Saturday, me along with others standing there were asked by ACG faggot no.862 to show memberships. I showed it to him then proceeded to ask why he wanted to see my membership when it was obviously already checked when walking into the bay. Then goes on to call me a smartass and lets me know that he will be keeping his eye on me the whole game.

Came back again 10 minutes later to kick cunts out of the backrow and decided to lecture me (Standing in the second last row) on why I shouldn't be sitting in the backrow. Then had to correct him on his retardation by stating that we stand rather than sit. Was mad.

• Like 1

This theory on the NT being well behaved and thus having no problems with ACG is incorrect.

The NT have their own Supporter Marshalls instead of ACG now hence lack of problems ACG.

It also does not hurt when the head of ACG is best mates with Archie Thompson.

I was called “Kent” three times when I asked to ACG #870’s badge due to his unprovoked harassment of my mates entering the ground.

Edited by cadete

there dogs i mean i have mett some fantastic ones maybe like 3 or 4 but the majority just seem to sett out to ruin our day don't think the acg guard liked iit to much when i asked if he could read and he said what you say dogg and i said cant you read you fucking cunt lol

I know a security guard of Aami Park (Not ACG) and he agrees with everything you guys are saying, they antagonise you then get a reaction and then you get kicked out. He hates them so much! So don't worry It's not going unnoticed.

Edited by CALZALOL

Depends what we would have to do to control ourselves. Are we meant to somehow try and stop people from lighting flares, or dob in people that do? No way would we be down for that. Would we have to stop people getting on chairs? Wouldnt even support that. If we are controlling ourselves we wouldnt do anything honestly, so dont know why they would let us.

Tesla those are the exact sort of things that would be required. It would take everybody taking responsibility for their actions, use peer pressure in a positive way to let YS members understand what is acceptable and what isn't. You can't expect ACG to stand by when flares are lit, but then criticise them when they do act.

Tesla those are the exact sort of things that would be required. It would take everybody taking responsibility for their actions, use peer pressure in a positive way to let YS members understand what is acceptable and what isn't. You can't expect ACG to stand by when flares are lit, but then criticise them when they do act.

lift the ban on pyros. easy

• Like 1

Can I criticise them for them kicking me out after being pushed over a row of chairs for standing in the aisle before kick off? Also, while getting kicked out I was hit in the ear, had my arm twisted up behind my back, pushed into every concrete pillar we went past and into the wall several times, and sworn at several times despite not resisting at all and only asking why I was being kicked out.

Fwiw, it was that Stankovic look-alike cunt. I won't forget this, he will get his.

Can I criticise them for them kicking me out after being pushed over a row of chairs for standing in the aisle before kick off? Also, while getting kicked out I was hit in the ear, had my arm twisted up behind my back, pushed into every concrete pillar we went past and into the wall several times, and sworn at several times despite not resisting at all and only asking why I was being kicked out.

Fwiw, it was that Stankovic look-alike cunt. I won't forget this, he will get his.

Sure but look at what happened to you in context: people do security work for a number of reasons, some are desperate for work, some are unable to get other work, some enjoy it, some enjoy the confrontation, but if the overall feeling is that Yarraside as a group will bring troublemakers into line then they're more likely to stand back and let us sort it out, if they see us all as troublemakers, they are more likely to become anxious when they see anything untoward happening and intervene in a heavy handed way. It might be nice to get the ban on flares lifted, even reasonable from a football culture perspective, but it just aint gonna happen from an Australian culture perspective. The more flares we light and the more belligerent they see us, the more likely they will treat us like they used to treat the Blue Scum at Etihad.

Sure but look at what happened to you in context: people do security work for a number of reasons, some are desperate for work, some are unable to get other work, some enjoy it, some enjoy the confrontation, but if the overall feeling is that Yarraside as a group will bring troublemakers into line then they're more likely to stand back and let us sort it out, if they see us all as troublemakers, they are more likely to become anxious when they see anything untoward happening and intervene in a heavy handed way. It might be nice to get the ban on flares lifted, even reasonable from a football culture perspective, but it just aint gonna happen from an Australian culture perspective. The more flares we light and the more belligerent they see us, the more likely they will treat us like they used to treat the Blue Scum at Etihad.

I don’t disagree with you on why ACG act like they do.

But I don’t see why these guys personal situation should interfere with the way they do their job.

However you are missing to simple facts.

The first fact:

Is that We (The supporters in YSIDE) are paying ACG.

We pay the club in memberships and ticket funds.

Then the club hosts the game uses such money to hire ACG as it need security.

Then there is the second fact:

If YSIDE no longer attended games or brought memberships ever again, then would there even be a club anymore?

The YSIDE area incorporates half of the supporters at MH’s games and all of the atmosphere.

If everyone who stood in YSIDE Area left for good then very quickly the numbers of the ACG goons receiving shifts would decline dramatically and eventually cease to exist.

We are the fucken employers of these guys.

It’s not the other way around.

We pay them.

We create the shifts for them to work.

Therefore why like any employer should we not be allowed to fire them?

I was threaten physically and verbally abused last week, but you suggest I should keep employing these guys? (I have never been kicked out of any A League game - Still have not and never come close.)

The last time someone I employed as bad as this to me (A cleaner) I complained to Building Management and had him immediately fired as he should have been.

Why do I need to tell off other supporters?

Why the fuck should they listen to me – It’s their right to do what they want in their free time.

I don’t fucken employ them to support Melbourne Heart.

But I do employ fucken ACG.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 4

Then keep complaining until we get it right.

Take down the badge number, remember the time and get them to use their great fucken cameras.

We have our own rights, if we show we know how to use them we will eventually win.

As if comes down to Us vs ACG, the club will have to chose us everytime or cease to exist.

I think it's Aami park who hires them ,

But More people need to say something to the club as oppose to airing their beefs on a forum as far as i know the club has no representation on this forum so it will all fall on deaf ears.

If the club receives a lot of complaints Regarding security of their patrons , They have to do something about it

cadete we don't employ AGC security, otherwise they'd also be part of YS! We should, as has been suggested contact the club and use them to advocate for us. At the last derby we sat inour usual seats next to Yarraside. Literally seconds before kick-off some AGC security guy came and told us that we had to move as despite having shown us to those seats, they'd given us seats that had already been sold (to Victory supporters!!!). Needless to say we were not happy, the ACG solution was to escalate it and bring in people who couldn't separate their own personal motivations for doing security work from the issue. Of course by then all the good seats were occupied....:(

We raised the issue with the club who followed it up with AAMI Park and hopefully this will not occur next derby. I'm sure that this will be more effective than us trying to sort it out directly with the meatheads at the stadium. Of course this is another reason to own our own stadium as then the security people are employed directly by the club

As you Scouse said it does matter if AAMI Park or the Club hires them in this context:

If we refuse to accept this crap, then the Club will have to do something.

And TBH if Munn and Co are fine with letting us cop this crap then I don’t think it’s worth giving him any of my money and time.

I will watch it at the Imp instead and spend my membership money on cider.

NOTE: Its fairly simple to show that we do employ ACG.

No YSIDE = No MH = No MH Games = No more work for ACG at MH Games.

Edited by cadete