Melbourne Football

Newcastle vs Melbourne city women's match

citypool

34 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Women are suffering more injuries across all sports. Hence the government, teh AFL, the NRL are funding research as to why and how to prevent it.

Maybe it's time for sport to remember that men and women are actually built differently?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Doesn't explain ACLs. I should have noted that women's tennis doesn't suffer the same problems, it appears that only contact sports.

I would have thought that it does, at least in part. I know that women have been playing various sports for a long time, but now these contact sports are played at a much higher level of physical demand.

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

Doesn't explain ACLs. I should have noted that women's tennis doesn't suffer the same problems, it appears that only contact sports.

Netball is notorious for knee and ankle injuries and I think you'll find the same with tennis. Saying that men's sport are the same, just look at Leckie and Nabbout and Suleymani for us

10 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Netball is notorious for knee and ankle injuries and I think you'll find the same with tennis. Saying that men's sport are the same, just look at Leckie and Nabbout and Suleymani for us

It's not that it doesn't hapen in the men's game. Is that the rate in women's contact sport is greater than in men's.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NewConvert said:

It's not that it doesn't hapen in the men's game. Is that the rate in women's contact sport is greater than in men's.

Actually looked up a report by Yale University says depending on the sport women are up to 2 to 8 times more likely to suffer an ACL. They attribute it to a few things: different pelvic floor, less mass surrounding knee than men, and a more knee then men. 

• Like 2