Melbourne Football

2015/16 Season Predictions

Dylan

4 minutes ago, Tonyboozeadams said:

i did alright there

You were way off for Tuna's goals, we went through the first round of finals, and Mooy hasn't played his last game of the season so that's too soon to call. Closest you came is saying we'd finish 5th.

1 minute ago, KSK_47 said:

Green line

Mostly yes but people being 'over the moon' is debatable. Now if you'd said people would (still) be calling for JVS to be sacked, green lines all the way...

1 minute ago, Kinnibari said:

You were way off for Tuna's goals, we went through the first round of finals, and Mooy hasn't played his last game of the season so that's too soon to call. Closest you came is saying we'd finish 5th.

Mostly yes but people being 'over the moon' is debatable. Now if you'd said people would (still) be calling for JVS to be sacked, green lines all the way...

I did alright for me. I make the worst pre season predictions possible. Calm the fuck down mate

1 minute ago, Kinnibari said:

Yeah true. Maybe a greenish yellow line. A lot of the Facebook fan comments are still positive but "everyone" might be a stretch 

49 minutes ago, Tonyboozeadams said:

I did alright for me. I make the worst pre season predictions possible. Calm the fuck down mate

Sorry, that was fairly cranky at you specially when it's more a general trend towards confirmation bias (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias) in this thread as a whole I'm annoyed by.

Fair go to you and everyone else for having a go at predictions, there's a lot of potential outcomes so getting it right isn't easy. Just, let's not get carried away.

3 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Yeah true. Maybe a greenish yellow line. A lot of the Facebook fan comments are still positive but "everyone" might be a stretch 

Im allegedly the most positive person on this forum, but there's no way id call 4th and a semi exit an acceptable result.

Given the squad and resources, ACL qualification was a must for me to be content with our season. That is still achievable with a win this weekend. Ultimately we want a fookin' trophy, but a gf berth is an achievement on the path to greatness.

4Th and a semi exit in probably the best standard season in A League history is a step forward no doubt, so I'm very much in the camp of not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but it's an underwhelming one and one that should cost JVS his job.

Still, I'm full of confidence we can win this week and give ourselves a shot at the title; we do after all have the best squad in the league, Novillo or no.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Im allegedly the most positive person on this forum, but there's no way id call 4th and a semi exit an acceptable result.

In my original post the part about everyone being over the moon about a terrible season was a dig at the clubs facebook update at the end of last season when they referred to it as the "best ever" and a lot of people were upbeat about it.

Our season isnt quite over yet. If we make it to the grand final (even if we lose) i suspect there will be an annoying amount of positivity and buzz coming from the club and a lot of supporters

• Like 1

On 10/6/2015 at 6:02 PM, jw1739 said:

The very reason why I''m not making any prediction for the season and forecasts for individual matches. 

things have not changed that much have they we are still far too inconcistent, up one week down the next don't hold your breath for this Friday. I just hope the right team turns up.