Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Terrace | OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Fingman

I feel sorry for the guy that designed the logo- I know you're on here. It's actually a good logo just a bit too bright and happy for an active support gang perhaps.

agreed. When you convert it to black on white and white on black it actually looks stylish. I think it's the bright colours that freaks people. I think its also the shape of the love heart as such.. The original Melbourne heart logo steered clear from such a bubbly round heart I think if we want to incorporate the heart we should do the same! I also think if we want to involve the heart as well as the red and white stripes we should do one or the other.. Having the heart obviously shows the Melbourne heart heritage I think making the red so predominant in the logo is a bit of an overkill

At the terrace meeting that was held, the consensus view was that the terrace should remain predominantly red and white, but not exclude the sky blue completely. If the outcome of the discussion on colours at that meeting had been different then the colours in the logo/badge would obviously reflect that.

Regarding the shape of the heart, during the process and discussion surrounding the design, this shape heart was chosen because it was different to the MHFC logo and the heart shapes on the Melbourne City logo. The importance of emphasising our independence from the club by not using the same shape heart was brought up. Again, this was the view of the majority of people involved.

I know we are trying to emphasis our independence from the club but at the moment I think we are disregarding any new changes to the club and more or less a slap in the face to them. This logo could be used for the club if it was still Melbourne heart apart from small inclusion of the blue

Badge needs more skulls imo, if only to satisfy Jacob_MHFC here.

Do people on facebook like skulls though?

No - They like things like "Best Box Gaps" and "Hottest Cleavage Pics at La Trobe Uni".

Don't forget "Leaked Snapchats 18+"

We are a laughing stock on Facebook atm, things must change asap

Even if we were a laughing stock, which we are not, the worst possible thing we could do is change the name less than 24 hours after revealing it.

It was clearly stated the logo could be worked on so I don't see the issue with the of changing it...

The name however, you're right.

We are a laughing stock on Facebook atm, things must change asap

Even if we were a laughing stock, which we are not, the worst possible thing we could do is change the name less than 24 hours after revealing it.

Why would we change the name? The name is fine. 

Badge needs more skulls imo, if only to satisfy Jacob_MHFC here.

Do people on facebook like skulls though?

No - They like things like "Best Box Gaps" and "Hottest Cleavage Pics at La Trobe Uni".

Don't forget "Leaked Snapchats 18+" Somehow incorporate these things and "Tony abbots a cunt" and I think we have a winner!

I'll try to make something up later, but can we see some badges without sky blue? I get the need on inclusivity, but that and the badge are completely separate issues and it's pretty clear this is going to be a predominantly red terrace.

To the people saying that we'd be disrespecting the new owners by having our supporters terrace majority red, if the new owners actually gave a toss about what the fans think/do then they would have kept the home colours red and white wouldn't they? I really doubt Sheik Mansour will be too upset to see a red badge in the crowd...

I'm not very good/can't be fucked with a design, but something along the lines of one side saying 'Melbourne' and the other saying 'Our city' would look pretty cool.

Also work in a few hearts here and there.

why have the outline in skyblue? the red circle should be skyblue instead

Do it yourself.

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2