Melbourne Football

Socceroos V Saudi Arabia

Woody

roffffffff wow, get a clue idiots.

club chants at a national game? roffffff deluded.

if i recal correctly, at the nz match (at the mcg) some of them started singing "fuck off Sydney".

Interestingly i think they (can't be sure because i was up the other end) they were singing "just can't get enough" last night

Edited by KSK_47

lol it's pathetic, you either support the national team or you don't.

prime example is Dutch supporters not supporting the national team largely because of hatred & violence, that may not be the case here, but idiots shouldn't be bringing anything club related into national matches, unless it's a related to a player who plays for their club & even then it still has to be minimal.

• Like 1

I encountered some of those unsavory characters attempting to set fire to a Saudi flag. Very disappointing display.

The visitorz fans, whilst wearing all there visitorz merch, started there shitty version tifosi melbourne.

A whole 3 people joined in.

And yes, they tried to start the mexican wave rofl.

I don't know what is more cringe worthy out of the above.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed into society ffs.

As to the football, i thought we were shocking for the first half an hour but after that lifted our game, excluding that second goal we conceded at half time. Bresciano was like 2 different players- terrible in the first half and brillant in the second- suspected he found the surface a bit slippery in the first half? Either way found wanting in defence on that first goal. On that note can't understand how a professional like North could choose a pair of boots that allow him to slip over 4 times in one half?

I had Kewell as MoM (shows how he can play when not surrounded by duds) and Thompson made a big difference when he came on- worked hard in defence too. If that turns out to be his last game for Australia he can be very proud.

The move to play two central defenders as wide backs wasn't very successful, but at least the coach knows that now i guess.

As to the atmosphere - disorganised rabble might sum us up best .

On another note I reckon if teams like the saudis wish to lie on the ground pretending to be injured whilst the game is going on we should just play on. if they kick it out to waste time, we throw in and attack. Bugger giving the ball back. No quarter asked or given - if we get injured we manage as best we can.

I've been wanting the Melbourne boy at our team as soon as we had one. Let's make it happen!

somewhere i indicated i thought he was over the hill. Based on that second half (actually post about 30 minutes) I take it back. Might not be quite the player he WAS, but he is still better than most ever get to. There's only one way i reckon we could get him to come- convince him its for the good of the game, as we couldn't get close to a Middle East offer. Here's hopeing.

you either support the national team or you don't.

This.

I don't support the Socceroos, as Kevin Muscat played for them. ROFF. nah seriously I'll follow how they are going and shit, but don't care if they win or lose. Buddy and Sharpy can confirm that when KSA scored their second goal I was the only person in our area to jump up and get excited. Go football.

This.

I don't support the Socceroos, as Kevin Muscat played for them. ROFF. nah seriously I'll follow how they are going and shit, but don't care if they win or lose. Buddy and Sharpy can confirm that when KSA scored their second goal I was the only person in our area to jump up and get excited. Go football.

seriously hope youre joking

• Like 1

Oh did I say I cheered for the opposition? *scrolls up*

Oh nope I didn't. I said I got excited when they scored a goal. I actually got excited after every goal. As that's why I went. To watch a game, with lots of goals.

yeah sorry mate, still dont get how someone who, at least appears to love football, doesn't support the socceroos (could undertand if you weren't aussie..) and goes to watch them play a world cup qualifier and gets "excited" when the other team scores...

anyway....

It's actually my first year of following A-League. And I really appreciate every single goal that is scored in any match, as we don't see a lot at AAMI. Sorry if I'm not allowed to get excited when a goal is scored. Good goal at that.

I really appreciate every single goal that is scored in any match

I appreciate good football, even when I see it from the opposition AND even when I have a deep dislike for that opposition, but i have to say it can be grudging! For instance I admired the well taken goals by the saudis but cursed under my breath at the same time. Everyone's different, but to me, sport is at its best when you are watching your country play and whilst I have admired foreign players in various sports for their skills or approach, I have always wanted us to win every game played in our colours be it for "a carton of a beer" or the world cup final.

• 2 weeks later...

This.

Confirming, little D-Roy got all happy in his pants too! Buddy copped an eyeful!

You applauded the goal, which is justified, it was a good goal. You also applauded the Socceroos goals and got up and about when they scored.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...