Melbourne Football

Too much security

kingofhearts

Ando had bought this up in another thread, but i thought it deserved its on thread.

I was on the left of yarraside last night, and there were 5 cops as well as 3 acg security guards, am i the only one who thinks there is too much security? I've never seen so much security in my life tbh.

We're not like victory who break chairs and rip flares every 5 seconds, why are we being targeted by the police and acg so heavily? 

But even around the ground, the amount of police is just ridiculous, i can't even take a piss now without bumping into a cop

yeah the policing is a joke! - i'm not really a keen AFL follower but is there as much policing there? last night there were around 10 police (who never paid for public transport) following the sydney supporters to the ground? is this really required... given there were only around 20 of them most of which were kids!

yeah the policing is a joke! - i'm not really a keen AFL follower but is there as much policing there? last night there were around 10 police (who never paid for public transport) following the sydney supporters to the ground? is this really required... given there were only around 20 of them most of which were kids!

I'm a keen AFL supporter and when you compare the police presence (taking into account crowd sizes) then it's really a no contest. The amount of police there for a crowd of under 9,000 which has rarely been associated with trouble is strange indeed

Have to point out that last season when del piero and co played here I remember the ridiculous amount of police outside and inside the ground. I think they expect Italian ethnic tension to arise or some shit, because prior to 2012 playing sydney drew as much police attention as playing wellington.

Ando had bought this up in another thread, but i thought it deserved its on thread.

I was on the left of yarraside last night, and there were 5 cops as well as 3 acg security guards, am i the only one who thinks there is too much security? I've never seen so much security in my life tbh.

We're not like victory who break chairs and rip flares every 5 seconds, why are we being targeted by the police and acg so heavily? 

But even around the ground, the amount of police is just ridiculous, i can't even take a piss now without bumping into a cop

Perhaps they are expecting trouble from a large group of angry young men given how predictable the performance and the result is going to be. If this was South America, Aloisi and the franchise owners would have needed twice those police numbers just to leave the stadium, but given that it's Melbourne and there has been one incident in 4 years the Police numbers are wildly disproportionate to the required numbers