Melbourne Football

Pre-sale for Christmas Derby

jw1739

Whilst it was made clear that GA would have to book for the derby's, it is still an additional cost that those in active do not have to pay despite paying the same amount as GA. Nor does any other membership. It is also an inconvenience.

Perhaps GA could have reserved seats for the derby's which could have a take up option by a certain date. Much simpler and cuts out ticketek or master or whichever one we use.

p.s. Thanks JW for the heads up.

Edited by Peter

Whilst it was made clear that GA would have to book for the derby's, it is still an additional cost that those in active do not have to pay despite paying the same amount as GA. Nor does any other membership. It is also an inconvenience.

Perhaps GA could have reserved seats for the derby's which could have a take up option by a certain date. Much simpler and cuts out ticketek or master or whichever one we use.

p.s. Thanks JW for the heads up.

Peter - just a suggestion. The FRG meets tomorrow evening and there's a feedback e-mail fans@melbourneheartfc.com.au

I've thought for a long time that all season tickets (except active?) should have a reserved seat, but that for GA it comes into effect only if a match is declared "all-ticket" - which at this stage would only be home derbies.

Just to advise that the pre-sale starts on 11th November at midday - that's today.

GA members in particular should read.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Members-presale-for-Melbourne-Derby/78031

I'm a GA member so why do I have to pay extra to guarantee myself a spot? I thought you just rock up wherever in the GA area?

Just tried to reserve tickets but I have an Active membership and I want to sit in GA with someone who has a GA membership but it won't let me use my Active membership barcode during this pre-sale. Not sure what to do. Hopefully there's still GA tickets when it goes on sale to the public.

Natalie, IMO this is the sort of thing that the FRG could be made aware of so that hopefully some action can be taken. May I suggest you e-mail fans@melbourneheartfc.com.au?

Heart v Victory Derby – Sat 21 Dec 7.30pm

GA Member Presale:

Mon 11 Nov, noon - Wed 13 Nov, noon

Full Member Presale:

Thu 14 Nov, 9am - Fri 15 Nov, 9am

On sale to public: Fri 15 Nov, noon

On sale dates for Heart v Victory Derby on Sat 1 Mar are still to be confirmed, stay tuned.

Nice to know GA get a separate mention from Full Members.

Well, there goes another half an hour and $20.35. Two derbies and GA get to pay an extra 10% on top of their memberships. I liked it better last year when we got around a 10% discount for rolling over our memberships from the previous season. How times have changed.

I decided to get all six tickets (2 adults and 4 juniors) as I don't know who will be able to come. I might even go by myself and lounge out across all six seats. Plenty of room for the hamper. Prawn sanger anyone? I will be the person with plenty of space in an otherwise crowded stadium singing "Fuck you all, fuck you all, Active, Ace of Hearts and Premium B".

Then again I will probably have the wife and kids.

Can't seem to figure out how to book a few more tickets? Honestly if you can reserve your seats today and can't sit next to the people you can convince to come what the fuck is the point? Or am I doing something wrong? Either way my barcode is locked out now. Surely the club could do much better than this system. It also really pisses me off that it costs you $2 for an ezy ticket which costs them nothing to create what a greedy evil world we live in (I would happily pay the $2 if it went to charity not rich pricks in some million dollar mansion)

Well, there goes another half an hour and $20.35. Two derbies and GA get to pay an extra 10% on top of their memberships. I liked it better last year when we got around a 10% discount for rolling over our memberships from the previous season. How times have changed.

I decided to get all six tickets (2 adults and 4 juniors) as I don't know who will be able to come. I might even go by myself and lounge out across all six seats. Plenty of room for the hamper. Prawn sanger anyone? I will be the person with plenty of space in an otherwise crowded stadium singing "Fuck you all, fuck you all, Active, Ace of Hearts and Premium B".

Seriously Peter, put your concerns to the club - fans@melbourneheartfc.com.au There's an FRG meeting tonight discussing how to grow memberships. The group can't do anything about the inadequacies of the present set-up unless there are some complaints on the table.

I put my e-mail in yesterday.

• Like 2

Seriously Peter, put your concerns to the club - fans@melbourneheartfc.com.au There's an FRG meeting tonight discussing how to grow memberships. The group can't do anything about the inadequacies of the present set-up unless there are some complaints on the table.

Thanks JW. I wrote one last night at around the same time I posted the dribble you have quoted here. The main body of the letter was this:

I am writing to voice my displeasure with the fact that I have had to spend an extra half an hour to enter ticket codes, choose seats and enter other details and pay $20.35 to purchase tickets normally included in our membership. With two derbies this is in effect close to a 10% increase on the advertised GA membership cost, and it is an absolute nuisance.
It would be better to have designated seats come with the GA memberships at the start of the season. These could be for all games or just all ticket games such as derbies and finals.
Perhaps GA members could select their seats when paying for their memberships like everyone else and avoid this nonsense with having to deal with Ticketek. The club could then have a ticket buy back like Western Sydney have done, ensuring that Heart have the maximum crowds at our bumper games.

The ticket buy back idea appeals. Why is it our supporters are penalised for coming to the derby whilst WSW supporters are looked after by their club? Why do we have GA anyway? Why not just have cheaper seats at the ends?

Thanks JW. I wrote one last night at around the same time I posted the dribble you have quoted here. The main body of the letter was this:

I am writing to voice my displeasure with the fact that I have had to spend an extra half an hour to enter ticket codes, choose seats and enter other details and pay $20.35 to purchase tickets normally included in our membership. With two derbies this is in effect close to a 10% increase on the advertised GA membership cost, and it is an absolute nuisance.
It would be better to have designated seats come with the GA memberships at the start of the season. These could be for all games or just all ticket games such as derbies and finals.
Perhaps GA members could select their seats when paying for their memberships like everyone else and avoid this nonsense with having to deal with Ticketek. The club could then have a ticket buy back like Western Sydney have done, ensuring that Heart have the maximum crowds at our bumper games.

The ticket buy back idea appeals. Why is it our supporters are penalised for coming to the derby whilst WSW supporters are looked after by their club? Why do we have GA anyway? Why not just have cheaper seats at the ends?

Oh God I hope they don't get rid of GA. Not having to sit near the same people every week is awesome. When I used to have reserved seating I'd get stuck near some idiot providing match commentary the whole game, every game. 

Oh God I hope they don't get rid of GA. Not having to sit near the same people every week is awesome. When I used to have reserved seating I'd get stuck near some idiot providing match commentary the whole game, every game. 

That was probably me :)

I think a problem with having an allocated seat for GA members is that what happens when these members invite their friends who don't come often? I used to be a GA member and I brought 7 people (two are now members) to one of the home derbies...but if reserved seats for big games are implemented, would the seats adjacent to mine be occupied by other members or would I be able to bring those 7 friends and have them sit next to me? 

Just what first came to mind, hopefully there's a way for it all to be sorted.

It's simples. If you have a GA membership and want secure your seat first you do it today. If you want to sit with friends/family who are also members you get their m'ship barcodes and purchase them all together. This is for GA only.

If you're a member and want to bring and sit with others that arent members. (any kind of membership.) This presale is Thursday.

Tickets to the public then on sale Friday.

How I see it anyway.

The main problem will be getting this msg out to all GA members. Without doubt not all will check twitter,Facebook or their emails . And someone will be left disappointed.

At least there should be less victory jerseys down our end. Wish they'd label it 'GA Home/Heart end' so people don't purchase the cheaper GA tickets than the prem B C whatever level 2 is. Kinda like Families in the active bay at etihad derbies.

I think a problem with having an allocated seat for GA members is that what happens when these members invite their friends who don't come often? I used to be a GA member and I brought 7 people (two are now members) to one of the home derbies...but if reserved seats for big games are implemented, would the seats adjacent to mine be occupied by other members or would I be able to bring those 7 friends and have them sit next to me? 

Just what first came to mind, hopefully there's a way for it all to be sorted.

I can't see why it is not possible to have Premium C season tickets with allocated seats, and GA season tickets without allocated seats. Both at the same price and in the same overall seating area. The differences being that if you are Premium C you don't have to go through what Peter has just gone through, and you can claim "your" seat every time you go to a match.

There are probably other ways of skinning the cat too.

Better get your tickets now whilst Aloisi is our coach because I'm guessing once he gets sacked there'll be twice the demand for tickets to the derby!  ;)

Oh god, can you imagine if we still have Aloisi as coach Vs Muscat?

Aloisi: Defend DEFEND, defend the nil-all draw to the end

Muscat: Chop him, take him out, break his bloody leg!

someone here might be of more use than me (more than likely) but i think all active members get a bonus ticket to use. probably doesn't apply to the derby though

might be best to purchase an active ticket before hand, you'll both be fine to stand together

I tried getting an active ticket for Mrs Hedaik for the CCM game but was told the active tickets were sold out which was BS. 

Best to just borrow a fellow supporters active membership to get them in, or enter where they aren't checking and move across bays. 

Fortunately I am in Premium A. But I can't believe it has to be made so complicated for GA and Active season-ticket holders.

Priority for the FRG - get all this sorted before the second derby.

To add to that enquire into the possibility of extending the active bay for the derby, too allow more casuals to come in and hopefully a few will sign up for next year. 

active area tickets now available through ticketek. 1 active membership barcode lets you buy 2 tickets. I already bought GA tickets for my mates :(

Those misprinted active area memberships will sure come in handy ;-)

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/tickets?gclid=CMb7u520_roCFcXFpAod5TAAqA

Well good to see FFA have got it together...  :droy: