Melbourne Football

Preseason

belaguttman

Hopefully this won't be a short thread. I know that the team are about to finish training and that JA is off to Italy to work on his coaching (? Internazionale?). I see that Jets have organised to play a tournament in Singapore. I suppose that we'll be playing State League teams in a pretend pre-season as usual.

Hopefully this won't be a short thread. I know that the team are about to finish training and that JA is off to Italy to work on his coaching (? Internazionale?). I see that Jets have organised to play a tournament in Singapore. I suppose that we'll be playing State League teams in a pretend pre-season as usual.

I hope not Bela, I hope we've learned from last season, in a lot of areas.

IMO our pre-seasons have been inadequate. Some of the other clubs play up to 12 competitive matches against leading State teams whereas we seem to favour playing a few scratch representative teams, often made up of young players. Other than the penalty shoot-out against WSW last pre-season I don't believe we've actually won a pre-season game against A-League opposition so far.

I agree, something we need to improve on if we are to hit the A-League season in form.

our pre-season game against Perth was probably worse than any game during the season, we looked clueless. That was easy to brusg aside as we played well in the derby but in retrospect it was a good guide to our true form. I think that we need to work to improve our fitness and also on our team shape and general play so that it doesn't look like 11 strangers on the field.

• Like 1

our pre-season game against Perth was probably worse than any game during the season, we looked clueless. That was easy to brusg aside as we played well in the derby but in retrospect it was a good guide to our true form. I think that we need to work to improve our fitness and also on our team shape and general play so that it doesn't look like 11 strangers on the field.

We have collisimo, Fred, Thompson, tadic, babalj, coyne, meuiwiss all gone. We will have 11 strangers on the park :P hopefully JA realises this and thinks ok we need a long hard pre season to prepare. So hopefully that entails all signings made early so they start the pre-season as a full sqaud with the flexibility to add a marquee later when and if that happens