Melbourne Football

JVS - The coach from the land of chronic

Heart Fanatic

Great footballers rarely make great managers.

JvS has an extremely bad record everywhere he has gone, as manager for us he is responsible for the squad he has assembled and with that the results that come with it. The board has put their faith and trust in him and he has let them down. He does his job half assed as is.

At the end of the day he chose to sign just 1 defender, 4 mids and Maycon. After losing who we did, that's not good enough, especially of he insists on playing the same system. The team can only play as well as it is trained, these results are completely on him.

He has virtually stated he has no interests to stay here beyond season 11/12. I highly doubt our club can afford to keep him (or would want to). He has told the Dutch media that he is looking to move to Europe or America.

He has come here, milked us for $1.5m.

As for his global 'connections', what have they gotten us? Rutger Worm and bucketloads of false hope. Thank god for his dumb luck in stumbling across an absolut jem in Germano, for all our other signings you can pretty much thank John Dudalica who is the architect offs most signings.

I wish we had signed Aad de Mos (and with him would have come Ronaldo), we would have ~10,000 members, a very good developer of youth, a coach who understands the Asian market/requierments/limitations and a thriving football club. Instead, this single decision will most likely be the end of us.

Always knew he was a kent.

Well, I'm staggered. Have to say I wanted him to stay, to complete a job that is only half done. Now he's pulling the plug at a time when Heart is in a serious form slump, and probably something like only 50:50 to make the play-offs. IMO that's not good. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Can't see that this looks good on JvS' CV either - failure at FC Twente and hardly a roaring success with us here at Heart.

Would think it best that he clear out his office and go now. What's the point in staying for a few more games as a 'lame duck'? Aloisi could take over in a caretaker role whilst we look for a new man.

hold on. yes we was great for our club and will be missed, but he will leave a good legacy by developing, promoting youth, tactically outsmarting the opposion. Rest assured, the club is in a strong position. i think the club should refrain from paying a fortune and recruiting from abroad, and focus on existing managers within Australia or perhaps Asia. this may help the assistant coach's to stay on and continue to influence the squad/tactics and keep the culture etc. I hear great things about Ante and Aloisi, but they are probably still not ready to take the reins as yet.

What are are realistic options (consider that it's highly unlikely they will appoint another 700-800K pa manager)??

Ange Postoglou (tactically astute)

Miroslav Blieberg (tactically astute)

Arnold (not suited to JVS structure and legacy).

Arthur Pappas (probably too green as yet)

John Aloisi (as above)

Ante Militic (perhaps ready for the next step)

Culina

manager's not worthy of any consideration are;

Durakovic

Merrick

Would like to see on this forum a realistic list of manager's for consideration. If the club spends wisely, it could afford to splash out a little on another quality midfielder and CB at season end.

Miron Blieberg is the worst manager in the league, by far. He did fuck all for brisbane and now he's done fuck all for GC

he used to rotate players (in form and out form) for no good reason, he's a cock and we dont need his garbage at this club

i really hate that guy

BTW, i met a relative of Collosimo on the weekend.

I quote "well respected by everybody at the club and his team mates....lot's of loyalty by both sides...but he can't put a right foot in for JVS....if JVS asks for "A", when delivered by Collisimo, JVS would then ask for "B", then "C" and so on.....it's just never enough for JVS despite working his but off ".

They don't know if there was a falling out between them. Collisomo is utterly disappointed but doesn't complain hence looked at the Victory option, "he doesn't promote himself and is not that inclined to winge etc".

Losing JVS will rejuvenate his career at Heart. I doubt he'll leave, unless new manager has same attitude as JVS. Anybody notice how stable the side was when he was subbed on in NZ?

Miron Blieberg is the worst manager in the league, by far. He did fuck all for brisbane and now he's done fuck all for GC

he used to rotate players (in form and out form) for no good reason, he's a cock and we dont need his garbage at this club

i really hate that guy

Yep, his record isn't brilliant either.

Ange would be my preference - hope they can get him on board!! I don't know much about Straka....

Edited by Pandev

IMO JVS has done a good job, I remember reading (think Scott munn said it) that if he leaves he will still be in contact with the club and help guide the club, this makes me think that AM will become the new manager (if no other manager is available that has the Sam philosophy's as JVS) for all the haters, just remember, it was only 6 games ago that he was being hailed as best manager in the league when we had a full squad that he put togeather (until we got all these injuries)

no blieberg and no culina plz.

ange did well until everyone figured out the game plan and he didn't have much of a plan b.

wouldn't be against promoting from within

He did well years before the Roar when he was at South in a different type of national league, and now he has done well again - You make it sound like he was lucky @ Brisbane.

no blieberg and no culina plz.

ange did well until everyone figured out the game plan and he didn't have much of a plan b.

wouldn't be against promoting from within

Did well? more than that didn't lose for over a year, won a league, and is still in serious contention to win a second? he didn't when for a month? so what....

I'd take him over anyone else suggested previously.

Well, disappointing, but I suppose it shouldn't come as a big surprise. I'm not sure he's done anything wrong with the timing - the board wanted an answer now and he's given them that. I'm guessing the timing of the announcement was probably the club's decision.

I think he's helped give the club a good foundation for success, but I do agree with Buddy that Didulica seems to be behind the recruiting successes. For JVS to be worth what we paid would have probably required another year or two to finish the job he started. So it's disappointing that he's pulling the pin now. But it's the end of his contract, so again, I wouldnt get upset with him.

At the moment, I'm happy to recruit with continuity in mind - Milicic or even take a chance on Pappas. But as much as we might love Aloisi, he's even less credentalled than Durakovic. Would be a huge gamble.

But if Ange was available, I wouldn't hesitate.