Melbourne Football

Midfield for next season?

jw1739

Going to be interesting to see what happens at the end of this season.

We already have Stefan Mauk contracted for next year, and we have Gerhardt who was signed as DM but has played CB all season.

But Hoffman, Kalmar, Germano, Garcia, Fred, Thompson and now Meeuvis all come out of contract at the end of this season.

It's going to be interesting to see who we release, who we (try to) retain, and any new signings.

I'll throw another potential name in the mix - Harris Gaitatzis.

http://au.fourfourtw...r-a-league.aspx

Bonnyrigg White Eagles boy (like Garrucio), but would probably come into the side to replace the loss of Kalmar should he not be there next season.

keep Kalmar! ditch Hoffman, Fred, Thompson in that order and potentialy sign this bloke...

Hoffman - OUT

Kalmar - 2 year extension

Germano - 2 year extension

Garcia - 2 year extension

Fred - OUT

Thompson - OUT

Meeuvis - 1 year extension

THIS.

but i'd sign Kalmar on a 2 year extention given he's only 25. Garcia would be good for another 2 seasons, but i think it's more realistic to say we'll re-sign him for 1 more.

Use the visa spot opened up by the departure of Fred to sign a high quality AM with plenty of run in their legs. Then sign bresciano as australian marquee for the icing on the cake.

Hoffman - OUT

Kalmar - 2 year extension

Germano - 2 year extension

Garcia - 2 year extension

Fred - OUT

Thompson - OUT

Meeuvis - 1 year extension

THIS.

but i'd sign Kalmar on a 2 year extention given he's only 25. Garcia would be good for another 2 seasons, but i think it's more realistic to say we'll re-sign him for 1 more.

Use the visa spot opened up by the departure of Fred to sign a high quality AM with plenty of run in their legs. Then sign bresciano as australian marquee for the icing on the cake.

Another 2 years for Kalmar?

I am sure Nicky would be more than happy with a 1 year contract...

• Like 1