Melbourne Football

Round 19 - Visitors FC v Melbourne FC - Sat Feb 2 7.45pm - Etihad Stadium

Hammerhead

Watched the majority of the game again; Could hear us to be much louder than either of their terraces for the majority of the match. Sounded great, especially after we got that goal back, the mongs were silent until the 90th minute.

Edited by hakz7
  • Like 1

MV are nothing without Ange P. i cant wait til he leaves that muppet club cos then the real MV will come out.

Also wanted to add how bad the ref was tonite who gave us absolutely nothing. Couldn't believe that call at the end when he gave Williams a yellow for diving when he was clearly fouled

The fact that those gronks chant Leigh Broxham's name makes me disappointed in the world I live in...

I think that that was more of an ironic chant.Shocking behavior by some of the yarraside side last night, can't you twats go to a game with ripping up chairs and throwing drinks at people? FFS

Our tifo's are too predictable.

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/OlcHiWI122c

What a cunt. Hope he fucking dies.

I'm positively sure he just did this celebration because we have rustled him over the previous games with the "beating up his wife chants".

He can surely hear it and he will never silence the Heart terrace. It will be forever be chanted and constantly remind him of what a fuck up he had done to his family.

He wants to get personal and in our faces? He can't do shit, I reckon if we just continued chanting and not give him any attention with a response of anger, he would be fuming behind closed doors.

And beat up his wife out of frustration.

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 1

The yarraaide is much much better than them

Was it just me or did the sing the same song all night. I was fucking over that we are Melbourne, the boys in blue shit

On to the game, well the effort was there but they are a very polished unit

Redmayne was superb

Walker kept Rojas in reasonable check, Mitchinson was killed by Thompson

The midfield didn't hold onto the ball well enough, after their first goal we gave the ball up the next 5 possessions

Now I might cop a bit for this but I thought Williams was poor, he is up against a 17 yr old first gamer and it took till the 88th minute for him to get around him down the sideline. Also while GolGol is on he can't take corners or free kicks

Now onto etihad that is the worst place to watch football, they can move the bottom deck seats in so why don't they?

And also was it just me or could no body really see the scoreboard, the vision was blurry

Now onto etihad that is the worst place to watch football, they can move the bottom deck seats in so why don't they?

Yes, they can, it was specifically designed that way. But I read somewhere some time ago now that it costs $1m(?) to actually move the lower tiers.

There's some discussion about it here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/docklands-stadium-etihad-stadium-discussion.903477/

Edited by jw1739

Gol gol's free kick that hit the post was a screamer.

Anyway. For the the first 10 or so minutes and the last 20ish we were great but overall they were the better side.

Seems we can still only play 45 minutes of football just last night we decided to spread those minutes out instead of playing just the first half.

I walked into the heart active area proudly joining in with a loud 'you are in my heart'. It was never that loud again ntil later in the match. Lots of chairs gone, good stuff. heart were again the better team but missed chances, golgol has a great free kcik and if williams hadnt been given the yellow and we had been given a free kick, it could well have been 2-2. The banner wasnt co-ordinated properly, couldnt see what it said on tv. Victory on the other hand wasted a lot of money on a whole tier pullover that had three words. ???

victory playe like dogs, they constantly dived, Flores played for the penalty, he backed into our player. Diving cheating bastards.

Babal was a ball magnet but mebratu was being played in the middle, perhaps the other way around would have been better. Tadic dived twice and was taken off. On ya Johnny, finally making a first half change. Williams was not bad at all, some of his controlling of crosses and using that to run was first class. He has improved out of sight. Redmayne was the MOM for me, stopped shots that would have put us right out of the game.

Was suprised many people in the yarraside were not chanting, was dissapointing. Also when you are 2 goals down, you sing like youre going to win 3-2. If you stop singing, the team loses confidence.

Victory 2nd tier people were doches. Archie was a cunt.

After last night, I know I am red and white. Mon the heart

• Like 2