Pre-Match Announcer

Aragorn

What to do with Fred?

Announcer:

And your captain...

Us:

Fred!!!

If he loses the captaincy like many of us want though then we have an issue

what they do in Milan with the Brazilian players, is that the announcer intensely yells out their full 5 word Brazilian name, the. Fans just go Fred. So in this case it would be -

Announcer: helbert Frederico carreiro da silva

Fans: Fred

It can be very entertaining haha

Announcer: Fre Supporters: D

:P

• Like 1

I thought I would wait till after the victory game to see how it sounded to pass judgement

And to be honest I'm not a massive fan of the crowd yelling the last name, apart from when they said Bru I couldn't tell what they were saying.

Might be worth a try but there needs to be an improvement in the scoreboard when teams getting read out IMO

Here's what I think

- we read out opposition like we always have (number 3 Adama Traore, and his picture comes up)

- after all them have been read out, you put up their full team in formation position

- now for us, however the name gets read out (either by announcer or by y-side)

Number 4 Simon Colosimo

- up on the scoreboard is some game vision of the player doing something, then it freezes and COLOSIMO comes up on the screen

And so on

- at the end again you put the whole team up in position formation

With the way it is now, we have no real difference to the opposition

I went to a Bayern Munich game and they do this, also when they score they do it about 5 times. Another thing they do which we can't do here because we don't play the same time as anyone else, the score comes live so Borussia Dortmund was playing same time as us and every time FSV scored against them everyone would go nuts, I love Germany.

Can you find youtube footage of this to show people on the post and the club? Great Idea! Announcer: 1-0 to Melbourne! Y-Side: Heart! Announcer: Melbourne! Y-Side: Heart! etc...

I thought I would wait till after the victory game to see how it sounded to pass judgement

And to be honest I'm not a massive fan of the crowd yelling the last name, apart from when they said Bru I couldn't tell what they were saying.

Might be worth a try but there needs to be an improvement in the scoreboard when teams getting read out IMO

Here's what I think

- we read out opposition like we always have (number 3 Adama Traore, and his picture comes up)

- after all them have been read out, you put up their full team in formation position

Number 4 Simon Colosimo

- up on the scoreboard is some game vision of the player doing something, then it freezes and COLOSIMO comes up on the screen

And so on

I was at Dusseldorf v Stuttgart a few days ago, there, the announcer calls the first name of the player who scores the goal and the crowd calls out the last name.

Here's what I think

Number 4 Simon Colosimo

And so on

I was at Dusseldorf v Stuttgart a few days ago, there, the announcer calls the first name of the player who scores the goal and the crowd calls out the last name.

Victory do that as well

But I'm talking about what comes up on the scoreboard when team getting read out

The single picture of the player is boring IMO

• Like 1

Here's what I think

Number 4 Simon Colosimo

And so on

Victory do that as well

But I'm talking about what comes up on the scoreboard when team getting read out

The single picture of the player is boring IMO

ye i agree. another good idea!

actually mraidan we prefer to just bash our keyboards repeatedly "THIS MUST HAPPEN" "DEFINITELY IN FOR THIS" "MAKE THIS HAPPEN"

i for one will be sitting on my hands waiting for someone else to do it then asking if anyone's done it on a forum

If someone send me an email address on who to get in touch with at the club to suggest this ill put the idea forward

actually mraidan we prefer to just bash our keyboards repeatedly "THIS MUST HAPPEN" "DEFINITELY IN FOR THIS" "MAKE THIS HAPPEN"

i for one will be sitting on my hands waiting for someone else to do it then asking if anyone's done it on a forum

If someone send me an email address on who to get in touch with at the club to suggest this ill put the idea forward

David Lyon is the fan engagement officer, so I would recommend contacting him. His email address is

david.lyon@melbourneheartfc.com.au

Well apparently this guy is in contact with someone at the club. Hows this going Aragorn?

Hey Guys,

I have spoken with club again. So we are looking at getting the new matchday announcing through the P.A at the next home game v Perth Glory on the 9th of February. However, although there has been overwhelming positive response to this initiative on the forum so far, the club has indicated to me that we need more active area support to get it passed through.

Encourage your mates you see this post and add their opinion. If we get enough people to comment on the post, it will be a goer in only 2 week's time!

CMON GUYS LETS GET THIS UP AND RUNNING! CMON YOU BOYS IN RED!

Well apparently this guy is in contact with someone at the club. Hows this going Aragorn?

Hey Guys,

I have spoken with club again. So we are looking at getting the new matchday announcing through the P.A at the next home game v Perth Glory on the 9th of February. However, although there has been overwhelming positive response to this initiative on the forum so far, the club has indicated to me that we need more active area support to get it passed through.

Encourage your mates you see this post and add their opinion. If we get enough people to comment on the post, it will be a goer in only 2 week's time!

Hi guys, yes I've been in contact with David Lyon for 3-4 weeks already to get this through. He wants more people to visit this post, and to have more positive feedback before it goes through. He wants a general consensus from fans. He is looking at this post, so please encourage you mates to visit this post and type 'great idea' or the like!
  • Like 1

Hey Guys,

Hi guys, yes I've been in contact with David Lyon for 3-4 weeks already to get this through. He wants more people to visit this post, and to have more positive feedback before it goes through. He wants a general consensus from fans. He is looking at this post, so please encourage you mates to visit this post and type 'great idea' or the like!

well done mate ! :up: :up:

whoever is in charge of the facebook accounts, make sure you let everyone know about this! get this out and make it happen

Really? I didnt realize anyone at the club payed the slightest bit of attention to what was written on this forum. No wonder the club is struggling (lol I'm joking, I'm joking)

Anyway fwiw I am not a huge fan of this idea simply because it's already been done by victory. Would prefer to see an original idea personally. But thats just my opinion.

• Like 1

Don't like the idea at all, It'll seem like we directly ripped in off the Tards considering they started doing it recently. Plus it seems pretty cheesey.

Every team in europe and possibly the world pretty much does it. I just want to create a more traditional football atmosphere, so that when people bring their 'euro-snob' mates along to come support heart, that we love they will love the atmosphere and support and stick with us, not the other team in town because their like the atmosphere better. We have to have the best atmosphere in town and in the league, especially to attract all our football mates to come down who don't have a team yet and dont follow the a-league, but follow plenty of football on tv. Plus if you see the Milan link I posted on the first page, we can definitely kick up a notch and have much better announcer than any other team in the league anyway, just by the way to announce names and scores in a more passionate way. Edited by Aragorn
  • Like 1

Didn't Stremple try this on the weekend and it flopped hugely?

He was at the Yarraside, slightly off centre, and clearly said over the microphone - "Alright Heart fans, Here's your Melbourne Heart. Shout out the players with me." At the end, he looked bemused. He didn't do it exactly as mentioned, but he tried to pause before the surname and build it up. I certainly didn't hear any more response than previously.

Don't like the idea at all, It'll seem like we directly ripped in off the Tards considering they started doing it recently. Plus it seems pretty cheesey.

Every team in europe and possibly the world pretty much does it. I just want to create a more traditional football atmosphere, so that when people bring their 'euro-snob' mates along to come support heart, that we love they will love the atmosphere and support and stick with us, not the other team in town because their like the atmosphere better. We have to have the best atmosphere in town and in the league, especially to attract all our football mates to come down who don't have a team yet and dont follow the a-league, but follow plenty of football on tv. Plus if you see the Milan link I posted on the first page, we can definitely kick up a notch and have much better announcer than any other team in the league anyway, just by the way to announce names and scores in a more passionate way.

I am aware thg it is very common overseas, but for me it's a no because our main rival started doing it about a month ago.

He was at the Yarraside, slightly off centre, and clearly said over the microphone - "Alright Heart fans, Here's your Melbourne Heart. Shout out the players with me." At the end, he looked bemused. He didn't do it exactly as mentioned, but he tried to pause before the surname and build it up. I certainly didn't hear any more response than previously.

I was there in the yarraside...he said the surnames as he usually does...but i the whole idea is to leave the surnames for the fans...if he is trying something new, the club should give the fans some notice...

He tried but he was going over the top of So Happy Together for half of the time.

Didn't give us a chance to give Grella proper send off either, no sense of occasion etc

yeh agreed ando, he did announce over so happy together when everyone was trying to sing along to it...i didnt hear him say that we should yell out the fans names...it was a bit of a shambles. if we should do something we should do it properly (with support from the club in the email newsletter).... Edited by Aragorn

I like the idea. Don't know where people are getting the whole Visitors thing from, clubs from all over the world have been doing it for years..

We are getting it from the fact that they are the first to have done it in the A League and have only recently started doing it too.

There are infinite other ideas, so why not come up with something else?

I like the idea. Don't know where people are getting the whole Visitors thing from, clubs from all over the world have been doing it for years..

We are getting it from the fact that they are the first to have done it in the A League and have only recently started doing it too.

There are infinite other ideas, so why not come up with something else?

Fair enough, i reckon go with it though... do you have any other suggestions?

Too many things happening at once.

Do one thing at a time and get it right.

So far the timing of 'So Happy Together' isn't right. There was barely time for one chorus.

The song's OK, but it's the chorus that people sing. The verses and the 'Ba-Ba-Ba...' are of no consequence. IMO song needs work so that we can get it going next season.

The announcer does not give the players' numbers any more.

Too many things happening at once.

Do one thing at a time and get it right.

So far the timing of 'So Happy Together' isn't right. There was barely time for one chorus.

The song's OK, but it's the chorus that people sing. The verses and the 'Ba-Ba-Ba...' are of no consequence. IMO song needs work so that we can get it going next season.

This.

I was at Allianz Arena on the weekend, when Bayern score (and presumably are winning) the announcers calls out 'Bayern...' and the crowd answers with the score, he calls out the opponent's name and the crowd answers. it works really well with 71,000 people but would also work well for us.

I agree :) definitely a good idea!

He tried but he was going over the top of So Happy Together for half of the time.

Didn't give us a chance to give Grella proper send off either, no sense of occasion etc

Just out of curiosity, what would have been (in your own words) a proper send off for Grella?

I ask because I think not only have we set no standard, but also because I don't know myself and I think perhaps we should have some basics to have for such occasions.

I also extend this question out for when players like Marrone or Behich etc return (if they do during our season, hell even after the season) what would a good basic idea be to send them off properly (if at all)?