Melbourne Football

Mick Marrone to China?

biancorosso7

I've never watched any Chinese matches but is it really any better than the A-League? Obviously he'd probably get paid more but you'd think it'd be better for him to stay at Heart and wait for a call from Europe of even Japan or something. Congrats to him though!

So now he doesn't run down the wing for me?

Disappointed he has joined the second rate asian exodu$

It looks like professional football development in Europes top leagues is no longer a priority for our players. Who dreams of one day walking out in the stadiums of China? Marone has been linked in the past with QPR, Charlton, Celtic, Cagliari. In the end - China.

Given the amount of funding tax payers give a number of players to develop, it is a shame the game in Australia will not get the best return in world cups etc. with our better players going to second, third and forth rate leagues where the standard and competition is not going to bring out the best in them.

Mile Sterjovski couldn't hack the lyfestyle and came back rather quickly. All that glitters is not gold.

Congratulations to Mick. What a shame we won't get a chance to say goodbye at AAMI Park :angry:

True. Transfers happen so quickly, he won't even get a send off from the travelling fans in Sydney on Sunday. Would've been nice to get one more game at least.

Congratulations to Michael!

I feel like he hasn't been playing that well this season, althought he was one of the best on Sunday vs Roar.

This will be a great opportunity for Walker who in my opinion excelled vs Perth when Marrone and Behich were on International duty. If he can play the same way when given his chance that is a very exciting prospect.

My dad came along to the Perth game and was impressed by what he saw from Kalmar and each week asks me if he got a gig. He looked good in that Perth game, any chance he might make it back into the squad? even on the bench?

Kalmar picked up an injury before the Visitors game I think, but pretty sure he's back playing with the youth team. So he should be in consideration for a spot on the bench.

Agree about Walker. He's got potential and seems to be a more attacking full back who likes going forward. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Edited by Sash

They probably paid a fair bit for him, going by the fees they have paid for worse players over there.

Hope he enjoys playing matches where the result is already determined :up:

Yep, love seeing the fees they have paid for us.

Even though they are pre-determined they are probably less predictable then our games...

Home games= go up 2-0 then do nothing

Away games= do nothing

• Like 1

Good move for all involved, he's turning 26 in a few weeks and hasn't hit the heights of his 2 previous seasons. The club will get some decent coin for him and we have a ready made replacement in Jeremy Walker.

You can't begrudge the guy the opportunity to treble his wage and set himself up for long term financial security.

He's behind Wilkshire, McGowan, Williams and co for the right-back berth for the Socceroo's so setting himself up for the future seems like a pretty good idea, and he's going to a league that is on par with the A-League, but has a few more games a season as well as a Cup Competition and far less downtime in the off-season.

Best of luck to him and hopefully Walker can continue where he left off.

• Like 2