Melbourne Football

Domestic Politics

cadete

The Greens. :droy:

Top post! srs!Try living in this fucked up state where they make up 5 of 25 lower house seats and they have ministerial positions in a Labor-Green Government. Easier to get things done on Mars!

Should just abandon Tasmania as an inhabited place tbh... or should become a part of Victoria at the very least.

Errrr, no thank you?

• Like 1

http://www.afr.com/p/national/former_pm_fraser_to_campaign_for_VDTwMDwF6lObkr3v2pFGZO

Ringing endorsement here for Tone!

Cue the Tory defensive "he was never one of us anyway etc."

Your clutching at straws here mate and as a fellow "Real Political Science" graduate I know that you know it too...

Edited by cadete

http://www.afr.com/p/national/former_pm_fraser_to_campaign_for_VDTwMDwF6lObkr3v2pFGZO

Your clutching at straws here mate and as a fellow "Real Political Science" graduate I know that you know it too...

haha How am I clutching at straws, mate? One of the doyens of the Liberal movement in Australia just sided with the GREENS over the party he lead and loved.

I think it's pretty relevant tbh ;)

haha How am I clutching at straws, mate? One of the doyens of the Liberal movement in Australia just sided with the GREENS over the party he lead and loved.

I think it's pretty relevant tbh ;)

* Insert Textbook response as I CBF typing about Fraser.

And FWIW I think its great Figjam Rudd is back in is great for Politics and actually thinks his going to win,

It’s like a last minute change in your Grand Final opponent from Freo to Collingwood so you can really enjoy it properly when you win.

It's no different to the view I expressed regarding the Liberal campaign ad. How come it's relevant when previous Labor ministers speak out against their former party, yet it's 'clutching at straws' when the opposite occurs. Another example of the Liberals failing to adhere to the double standard principle.

• Like 1

It's no different to the view I expressed regarding the Liberal campaign ad. How come it's relevant when previous Labor ministers speak out against their former party, yet it's 'clutching at straws' when the opposite occurs. Another example of the Liberals failing to adhere to the double standard principle.

FFS the ALP Ministers of just days ago make up almost all of the advert - So this has to be relevant.

I agree Latham despite being leader only under ten years ago is pretty irrelevant, mind you Richo's opinion still matters to most ALP ppl just ask the ALP ppl on here...

But its not the same seeing as Fraser was former Prime Minister from 1982 (The year I was born) who has since his departure from politics has been a well known move spanning 30 years away from party.

Its simply not relevant anymore.

Its simply not relevant anymore.

haha there's the difference I suppose. I'd still listen to Keating, Chifley or or Gough regardless of time... but then again, we in the movement respect our histroy ;)

So I guess if Chairman Rudd gets his way you wont be voting in any preselection process...

• Like 1

please tell me you are applauding the 1bn red tape slashing and not the millions spent on deploying special forces to deny people their legal right to seek asylum.

please tell me you are applauding the 1bn red tape slashing and not the millions spent on deploying special forces to deny people their legal right to seek asylum.

Special Forces say: Application denied

The red tape is at least 85% of the reason for those claps.

Don't even bother mate.

Lefties are sprinkling fairy dust, mean while...

Deaths under Howards Pacific Solution:  0

Deaths under Rudd Heroics:  2009: 171     2010: 71     2011: 330     2012: 242    

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

• Like 5

Also most have been offered asylum in many other countries closer to their country of origin, not saying that people can't/shouldn't come here but I'm sure that the cushy welfare program we have isn't making them second guess heading cross an ocean or two to get here.

Don't even bother mate. Typical left wing flog, trying to tell people what they can't do because it's apparently not in their best interests, let the man engage me in political debate if he so wishes ffs

Edited by Tesla

Whenever the public go strongly against the ALP such as with Asylum Seekers the modern strong ALP voter response is to claim that:

"The Public are incapable of making proper decisons and are apparently being brainwashed by populist politics."

Why does the Workers party no longer show any faith in the Workers no more???

haha 

this is very poor trolling, Cad. Lift your game.

Sorry I cannot as I am brainwashed by Populist Politics, :up:

I am too much of a Crazy Conservative - I didnt think I was until I found out from Ruddy and his gang that you cannot be Catholic without being a Crazy Conservative.

So just call me "Cad The Crazy Conservative Catholic" from now on. :up:

haha 

this is very poor trolling, Cad. Lift your game.

Sorry I cannot as I am brainwashed by Populist Politics, :up:

I am too much of a Crazy Conservative - I didnt think I was until I found out from Ruddy and his gang that you cannot be Catholic without being a Crazy Conservative.

So just call me "Cad The Crazy Conservative Catholic" from now on. :up:

haha I love ya mate. The perennial victim haha

Although some very valid points in the article. As a whole it is incredible biased, one sided and narrow minded.

Welcome to journalism 101, pal. :up:

Although some very valid points in the article. As a whole it is incredible biased, one sided and narrow minded.

Onesided and narrow minded based on what, it's presentation of the truth?

I guess the truth is quite one-sided hey.

Welcome to journalism 101, pal. :up:

Hang on. If the glove was on the other hand you would be discounting the article, call it a mockery. Yet it suits your argument so it just becomes "journalism 101" and still credible...

I'm not sure how you can think that the article isn't one sided. I agree, everything in the article is the factual to my knowledge. The simple fact is that the article dresses the issue up and only looks at the positives in this situation.

Also really who has the journalist taking us for trying to say its a myth that the majority of asylum seekers arrive by boat. I don't know anyone who would have that this was a fact. It is common knowledge to the average Australian that only a small percentage of hopeful refugees arrive by boat.

I noticed there was no "myth" regarding the $1 billion per year we spend to process, house, cloth and feed these people.

No "myth" mentioned the nearly 1000 who have died in the process of seeking asylum by boat or the thousands missing at sea which are not recorded as deaths.

Btw myth number 10 can suck my cock, we CAN turn the boats back but he have a prime minister who has no fucking balls. We stamp our foot down and tell Bang Bang lady boy to go fuck herself.

We did it before very successfully. We only turned back a handful of boats last time and stopped coming all together. They got the fucking picture very quickly and didnt bother anymore. Why we even changed the practice in the first place is mind rape.

• Like 1

btw though I'm sure none of you are interested, I'll just leave this here.http://www.news.com.au/world-news/ten-myths-around-asylum-seekers-arriving-on-boats-in-australian-waters/story-fndir2ev-1226676024840

Although some very valid points in the article. As a whole it is incredible biased, one sided and narrow minded. Welcome to journalism 101, pal. :up:

Hang on. If the glove was on the other hand you would be discounting the article, call it a mockery. Yet it suits your argument so it just becomes "journalism 101" and still credible...

lol the Journalism 101 call was based on the inarguable fact that EVERY piece of writing, reporting, critical thesis etc. is written with bias, intention and a purpose. It's in escapable. Balance is bullshit; it doesn't exist. :up:

I'm not sure how you can think that the article isn't one sided. 

see above.

Edited by Braveheart

I'm an apathetic spastic when it comes to politics. What are the key differences on the big issues and major policies between the two parties? Like in a 50 word summation.

Whos point of view would you like it from...

Lefty: Abbott and his mob of crazy catholics hate women, workers, homosexuals, trees and brown people.Their main goal is to prop up big business so they can get their cut backs and at the same time form a 2 class society... Rich people and slaves.

Righty: Julia Rudd and her/his mob of confused comie lentil munching tree huggers love to feed you lies and turn politics into a game of "lets see how long we can stay in office while skull fucking this country till they shit their own small intestines out and use em to hang themselves".

• Like 3

I'm an apathetic spastic when it comes to politics. What are the key differences on the big issues and major policies between the two parties? Like in a 50 word summation.

Lefty: Abbott and his mob of crazy catholics hate women, workers, homosexuals, trees and brown people.Their main goal is to prop up big business so they can get their cut backs and at the same time form a 2 class society... Rich people and slaves.

Righty: Julia Rudd and her/his mob of confused comie lentil munching tree huggers love to feed you lies and turn politics into a game of "lets see how long we can stay in office while skull fucking this country till they shit their own small intestines out and use em to hang themselves".

haha actually a great summation. (srs)

Edited by Braveheart

Any sane person: "The Greens are a bunch of fucking retards"

• Like 4

We did it before very successfully. We only turned back a handful of boats last time and stopped coming all together. They got the fucking picture very quickly and didnt bother anymore. Why we even changed the practice in the first place is mind rape.

maybe because the ALP wanted to be a 'good international citizen' and comply with International Law

International Law though..  such a :droy:

Edited by Che