Melbourne Football

Round 9 - Sydney v MelbourneHFC - 2nd December 5pm

Caddy

Fuck, relax...

We didnt play that bad, we dominated periods, we created and we kept a clean sheet.

There were two massive weak links in Colosimo and Roffman and the 'passing game' was implemented horribly wrong with a lot of passes being picked off and those stupid passes all the way back to the defense. Other than that we played well.

The yoof did real well, Tadic and Willo are playing good football too. I really hope Garuccio is OK.

And we are still undefeated against SFC. ;)

Edit: Aloisi is obv. not management material, always has excuses.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 2

Well my two cents worth:

1: Our formation is obselete

2: Thank God we have Richard Garcia, Michael Marrone and Aziz Behich because if we didn't we'd have to see that every week

3: We have serious problems, we have one of the best strikers in the league (Tadic) and we cannot give him barely any opportunities

4: Get rid of Colosimo, replace him with Vrankovic

That is all

David williams was shit today too. Can the guy cross the ball in FFS?

Major clear out needed

In fairness, he didn't have much to aim at and he ran back and covered well. Looked rather disapointed with his finishing (which he should have been), but at least he had some shots. About the only player apart from Fred's two chances.

On another issue. I wonder if you told Jeremy Walker three years ago that he would make his A-League debut away in Sydney and line up against ADP, would he have believed you? Well done lad.

I don't know if the problem is as simple as the coaching team. I think that we really are light on with injuries and callups, this has gone on all season. I'd be asking why we have so many injuries after a 6 month off-season, and why we aren't creating pressure for players like Thompson, Colosimo etc by promoting from the youth squad, I'd rather give them experience for next season. I do think that we will be better when we get Grella and Germano into the team, I'd love us to get a player with Beckham's skill set whether it's him or not, and we need a good CB. The problem for JA is that he's inherited a squad of senior players, many of whom are only playing regularly because of injury. The fact that JA was happy to get a draw against the bottom team shows where he really see us at the moment.

Well, BG, yes and no. It's true that JA inherited some of the squad, but several of the new signings were made after he was appointed and they are questionable to say the least. Many of the problems we are seeing now were evident in the pre-season, and in fact started about half-way through last season. IMO it's been evident for a long while that while our first-tier players are relatively competitive, our second tier players are not. And the players cannot walk away from their responsibilities. It may be that we are not as wealthy as other clubs, but the squad must be paid, collectively, a certain percentage of the salary cap (I think it's 85%). So they're being paid well enough. After 10-12 years as a professional footballer you can be expected to know how to play to certain game plans and formations, and have the basic skill set, and you shouldn't need a high-powered coach to tell you what to do every second.

So I feel it's time that certain players were moved on. There are ways and means to achieve this, inviting them to retire being the principal one.

The good thing from today is that by all accounts Walker, Mitchinson, Vrankovic and Garrucio stood up when it mattered and have a pride in the shirt.

I agree on the injury issue. Does Germano have two broken legs?

Edited by jw1739

Not going to bother to go into detail, too much. This situation has to stop. Bottom of the league, no hopers.

Colossimo OUT. Fred OUT. Hoffman OUT.

How longer must we suffer this absolute pish? 89th minute, brb recycling the ball from Tadic to Bolton, who then Stands over the ball doing nothing.

• Like 1

Wingers who can't cross, our experienced defender who looks like he hasn't played a game of football in his life, and a side that went from going to playing possession football to not knowing what to do with possession of the ball.

The bright side is we have Garcia, Behich, Marrone, Germano and Grella to return. Should boost our side a tad, but the problem of game style has me worried. Counter attacking style, how can this be the philosophy that the club set out. This is not the way they promised. Good to see Youth given a chance, that youth policy we were wanting to be known for was disappearing fast. Thought Walker, Mitchinson and Garrucio were good, amazing what giving chances to young kids will do, this is what we were known for.

Fred looks like he won't even make the season out. First touch of a rapist, looking every bit his age. Unfortunately his age seems to have caught him.

We wanted to promote from within to adhere to the same philosophies and approach that would see a continued process of success when JVS left. It looks like folly to me, and the real reason, as it always is with this club, came down to money. We didn't bother searching for the best available, but were fed this stuff about consistency in approach. Looks like this was wrong. Aloisi's approach is nothing like we had. We weren't perfect last year but were a whole lot better than what we are seeing right now.

Well, BG, yes and no. It's true that JA inherited some of the squad, but several of the new signings were made after he was appointed and they are questionable to say the least. Many of the problems we are seeing now were evident in the pre-season, and in fact started about half-way through last season. IMO it's been evident for a long while that while our first-tier players are relatively competitive, our second tier players are not. And the players cannot walk away from their responsibilities. It may be that we are not as wealthy as other clubs, but the squad must be paid, collectively, a certain percentage of the salary cap (I think it's 85%). So they're being paid well enough. After 10-12 years as a professional footballer you can be expected to know how to play to certain game plans and formations, and have the basic skill set, and you shouldn't need a high-powered coach to tell you what to do every second.

So I feel it's time that certain players were moved on. There are ways and means to achieve this, inviting them to retire being the principal one.

The good thing from today is that by all accounts Walker, Mitchinson, Vrankovic and Garrucio stood up when it mattered and have a pride in the shirt.

I agree on the injury issue. Does Germano have two broken legs?

True, but how do you move on players with a contract in the middle of the season? That's my point, I think that we can all identify who should go, but JA and the club can't just sack players mid-season. MV got rid of Allsopp by attempting to sell him to Phoenix, that's why he retired, who would put in an offer for Colosimo in his current form? The only current new signing I question is Gray, why sign him if he's third choice CB, play a NYL player instead?

Finishing from both sides was terrible and Fred was inches away from giving us the lead. Williams was 10 rows back from giving us the lead and Tadic was a mis-angled toe from giving us the lead in the opening 10min. Lucky not to concede as well and bloody good luck that ADP went off 'coz from from then on we had it easier through the middle. Colosimo/Thompson/Fred relegated to bench players. Tadic is best when he can find space and get one on one with defenders. This means quick breaks or inch perfect slide rule passes. Otherwise he gets gang raped by multiple defenders. Our first eleven would be competitive with competition leaders - still hope. Bring on Vincenzo Grella thankyou JA.

We are nothing more than a counter-attacking side.

I feel for Tadic who is a class act and in a team with a semblance of a midfield would be scoring for fun. Fred was past it late last year, as was Thompson, and Hoffman never had it.

The young kids look ok. Fabio is a dog that should have been straight-redded.

But really, its just as much the coach as it is the player quality. MV don't have better personnel, but look at what Postecoglou's done with them in 8 weeks! THEY are palying the football WE were promised!

I picked at the end of last season: this is a club running on the cheap. Cheap players, cheap coaches, cheap result on field.

• Like 2

David Williams was lazy in the second half. Didn't run to pressure. D-mac missed a sitter. Tadic was good, whenever he got the ball, you sensed something would happen. Fred was very good. Walker was brilliant in the first half but tired early in the second. The boys played back too much and the tempo was too slow. However, our first clean sheet of the season :)

The bright side is we have Garcia, Behich, Marrone, Germano and Grella to return.

Apart from Grella we have had the rest of them all season and we have still been poor. Aloisi needs to stop using players missing as an excuse.

Walker should stay at right back ahead of Marrone..

Vrankovic should be ahead of Colosimo.

How Hoffman plays every week as a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER I have no idea..

True Until I Die, you are describing a team that isn't fit enough to play at a top level. Second half fade outs and playing at walking pace aren't for nothing and it isn't about desire..

The Age match report today was written by Seb Hassett (from Sydney). Heart gets one sentence in the article, and the word, Heart, appears twice. This is in a Melbourne 'news'paper.

ABC-774 this morning all about Sydney breaking their losing streak.

Move on.

If people are honest with themselves, what did most of us expect for this season? Did people really believe that signings such as Gray, Mebrahtu and Macallister were championship material? Did people really think Hoffman and Kalmar are championship material? That Aloisi and Fox would be ace coaches in their first season? Have a look at the predictions that were made, even on this forum.

It's not all over, but everything points to a tough season for us all. Coaches, players and fans. Our loyalties are being tested.

It's easy in the good times. This is where we have to support our club.

• Like 2

ABC-774 this morning all about Sydney breaking their losing streak.

Move on.

If people are honest with themselves, what did most of us expect for this season? Did people really believe that signings such as Gray, Mebrahtu and Macallister were championship material? Did people really think Hoffman and Kalmar are championship material? That Aloisi and Fox would be ace coaches in their first season? Have a look at the predictions that were made, even on this forum.

It's not all over, but everything points to a tough season for us all. Coaches, players and fans. Our loyalties are being tested.

It's easy in the good times. This is where we have to support our club.

Totally agree. Its not only that but even our good players from last year are down on form, especially Fred. This season we have shown glimpses of what we can do we just lack consistancy and form.

True, but how do you move on players with a contract in the middle of the season? That's my point, I think that we can all identify who should go, but JA and the club can't just sack players mid-season. MV got rid of Allsopp by attempting to sell him to Phoenix, that's why he retired, who would put in an offer for Colosimo in his current form? The only current new signing I question is Gray, why sign him if he's third choice CB, play a NYL player instead?

Of course I don't know the individual contract details. But you can make it plain to players that they are unlikely to play for the club again and won't be retained at the end of the season. You can invite them to retire. If they want to continue playing you can encourage them to seek a future elsewhere, and use your contacts to get someone to make an offer. Basically you apply pressure and do a bit of pushing. We found Maycon an opening, and he's probably better off than he's ever been.

Edited by jw1739

Result was ok in the end I thought, away draw with more than half our first 11 out is acceptable imo.

Pretty much confirmed we have the worst fans in the league though. Decent turnout of 60-70 Heart fans in the away end, but almost no one chanting or even sitting/standing or drinking before/after the match together. RWU flogs only singing shite chants too but rarely joining in when other chants were started. Don't know if he is on this forum but one of the cunts was wearing a hard hat with "MH" taped on the front, absolute cunt, how fucking old are you?

Good to see some of Vrankovic's family/mates come and stand with us and join in a few songs and I hope they are not put off standing with us again after having been put through standing with all the nerds and wankers we had in the away end last night.

THEY HAVE COPIED US WITH THSFC OF OH WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN!!!

AND JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!

Shut up, please.
  • Like 3

Of course I don't know the individual contract details. But you can make it plain to players that they are unlikely to play for the club again and won't be retained at the end of the season. You can invite them to retire. If they want to continue playing you can encourage them to seek a future elsewhere, and use your contacts to get someone to make an offer. Basically you apply pressure and do a bit of pushing. We found Maycon an opening, and he's probably better off than he's ever been.

This may or may not have been done but with 14 senior players available for 11 spots + bench how picky can you be at the moment? We did find Maycon an opening but he was with us for the whole season before he went and having sat through the NYL game when he was scouted by the Malaysian team all I can say is that we should be very grateful to them for taking him after that 'audition'.