Melbourne Football

Brazil 2014 WCQ (UEFA)

Young Polak

http://www.croatiaweek.com/croatia-not-allowed-to-wear-famous-red-and-white-checkers-against-serbia/

Absolute disgrace.

37132108_l.jpg

How the fuck does that (with white shorts & white socks) clash with this (blue shorts & socks)?:

New-Serbia-Shirt-2012.jpg

Just under 42 hours until kickoff. U boj, u boj, za narod svoj.

EDIT - Not the first time either. Went the whole of Euro 2008 without getting to wear our Home kit. UEFA :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :droy: :droy: :droy: . FIFA :droy: :droy: :droy: .

Edited by MaliMate
  • Like 1

Article states that Serbia will be in their all white kit for the match. Realistically Croatia should be able to wear their checks with blue shorts and socks and there would honestly there is no real clash (See Below). Heck Serbia Could wear the white shirt and blue shorts and socks and still wouldnt really clash with the home croatia kit.

Stupid Fifa.

(Using Athletico vs Real for rough examble)

n_atletico_de_madrid_jornada_4_at_madrid

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 1

265803_hp.jpg

Mandzukic is overrated :droy: :droy: :droy:

article-2297733-18DE4F25000005DC-634_634

Olic is too old. :droy: :droy: Jelavic should be playing cause he scores goals in the EPL.

0000000000439458_282_0.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Looking forward to the next 15 years of beast mode by this man.

And how could I forgot the most overrated midfielder in the world. Waste of money, flop etc.

1363985562_20090101-130322-99-07584_2465

1990-football-007.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

FFS, another unlucky result, could have won and pulled off a massive upset, or at least drawn, we deserve so much more than we have gotten so far. Results dont't reflect how well the team has been playing.

0000000000439458_282_0.jpg

Looking forward to the next 15 years of beast mode by this man.

In. 

• 6 months later...

Just read on Eurosport that they are going to stick to that stupid seeding bullshit where the 4 highest ranked teams play the 4 lowest ranked teams. The ranking system is already flawed and an absolute joke and I can't believe they're going to do this instead of randomly drawing the countries. It's really not fair on countries like Iceland who are going to have to play a decent side no matter what! Sorry for the rant.

I'm also really intrigued to see what England are going to do over the next week, I have a strong feeling they'll drop into a play off spot which could bring up the possibility of a play off against a team like turkey which will be interesting

Seeding is the fairest way, randomly choosing teams opens up the possibility of the 2 weakest nations in the play-offs facing off.

But then again, the fact that the host country of the World Cup already qualifies by default is flawed enough imo.

• Like 1

Seeding is the fairest way, randomly choosing teams opens up the possibility of the 2 weakest nations in the play-offs facing off.

But then again, the fact that the host country of the World Cup already qualifies by default is flawed enough imo.

The rankings are already flawed, Colombia are something like 6th in the world whilst the netherlands are 10th. At the moment Portugal and France could play off who i'd argue are the best two teams in the playoffs. It will all be clearer on Wednesday when the playoff teams are decided but I still don't like the system.

The rankings are already flawed, Colombia are something like 6th in the world whilst the netherlands are 10th. At the moment Portugal and France could play off who i'd argue are the best two teams in the playoffs. It will all be clearer on Wednesday when the playoff teams are decided but I still don't like the system.

I agree, it's all pretty dodgy.

I guess at the same time though, it's France's fault for underachieving over the past few years which has led to their rapid decline in the world rankings. They could destroy Portugal though imo.

feeling pretty sad that Poland didn't make it into playoffs and annoyed that their chemistry is terrible even though they look decent on paper.

Here is an article that talks about playoffs.

Would be interesting if Iceland make it to Brazil

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/10/15/4842390/uefa-playoffs-2014-world-cup-qualifying

Edited by Young Polak

feeling pretty sad that Poland didn't make it into playoffs and annoyed that their chemistry is terrible even though they look decent on paper.

Here is an article that talks about playoffs.

Would be interesting if Iceland make it to Brazil

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2013/10/15/4842390/uefa-playoffs-2014-world-cup-qualifying

Super pissed off about this mate.

Loosing to Ukraine was horrible

Team on paper is more then good enough to be in WC

Means nothing if they can't beat the opposition.

:(

• 4 weeks later...

I feel 0-0 is a dangerous scoreline going back home, reminds of when Greece drew 0-0 with Ukraine at home, scored first in Ukraine and then parked the bus for the rest of the game. If Iceland grab a goal first it would become a really tricky game for the Croats, still expecting them to go through though. I think Greece and Ukraine are nearly there I think if they score in the away game it should be enough to see them through, Croatia should beat Iceland whilst the Portugal game is still in the balance.

• Like 1