Melbourne Football
DutchPride

Whats the last movie you watched?

Woody    642

Have owned Amelie on DVD for years now and only just got around to watching it. Thought it was fairly good. Love the everyday aspect.

marteaux    2,109

People saying its the funniest movie they seen?

These people probably haven't watched many films?

Bruno was fairly terrible, Borat was good despite spawning a certain uncomfortable fashion craze, but Ali G was by far his best work.

cadete    6,068

Ali G Movie was worse than even Bruno though.

I agree the Ali G show (Including the Borat parts) was prob his best:

But I would put it on par with Borat the movie.

Borat is a great movie when you separate it from the annoying ppl repeating its catchphrases.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

malloy    3,112

Inglorious Basterds & Defiance in the past two days, both crackers.

both quality films. you may also enjoy uprising, its an older film, but still good and also hitler rise of evil, covers everything pre WWII

Hendo    468

as far as ww2 movies go you cant beat downfall.

I wouldn't go that far.

I'd rate both Flammen og Citronen (Danish) and Sophie Scholl (German) better than Der Untergang tbh

l_920458_6f3d8dc4.jpg

In regards to the best WW2 film, F&C is my personal favourite.

Danish resistance, phwoar.

Edited by Hendo

cadete    6,068

Watched the Edgar Hoover pic whilst I was on Holidays up in Sydney it was okay...

It probably could have been a fair bit better knowing the life that weirdo lived.

marteaux    2,109

Watched the Edgar Hoover pic whilst I was on Holidays up in Sydney it was okay...

It probably could have been a fair bit better knowing the life that weirdo lived.

Watched it too - but as I didn't know much about the guy before the movie I guess it didn't go down as well as it could have. A squizz at his wiki page put things into perspective.

Watched Ed Wood after developing a curiosity of his and Bela Lugosis life and enjoyed it very much. Also watched Fight Club for like the 5th time.

Have been re watching Quentin Tarantino stuff in anticipation for Django Unchained later on this year. You've got to love the guy.

marteaux    2,109

Does anyone have favorite actors, and watch all the movies that they are in just because you like the actor and not necessarily the type of movie it is?

Have started doing this a lot recently - Tom Hardy (who is Bane in the new Batman wank) and Michael Fassbender (German-Irish mad dog who is rumored to oust Daniel Craig as the next James Bond) are my two favorites.

Bronson, Warrior, Shameless, and Fishtank are all great films. Highly recommend.

Tesla    8,097

Does anyone have favorite actors, and watch all the movies that they are in just because you like the actor and not necessarily the type of movie it is?

Not actor, but I have watched every film Sam Mendes has directed. He is also directing the new Bond film so I anticipate good things.

Thalfie    76

Ed Norton - gun.

i second that he's a great actor, awesome in American History x and fight club.

watched American History x for the first time the other day, loved it, fairly brutal but i couldn't take my eyes off it.

also love how Edward Furlong (the little brother) is a bad ass teenage skinhead, sorta like that character is an older version of his chracter in the terminator.

DutchPride    942

i second that he's a great actor, awesome in American History x and fight club.

watched American History x for the first time the other day, loved it, fairly brutal but i couldn't take my eyes off it.

also love how Edward Furlong (the little brother) is a bad ass teenage skinhead, sorta like that character is an older version of his chracter in the terminator.

Reply on facebook faggot.

moops    208

The Fighter.

Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams.

Nice film based on real life, Christian Bale is amazing, plays the part amazing.

Story is ok, general American low to high, but is quite true to facts and the characters have substance.

• Like 2

cadete    6,068

The Fighter.

Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams.

Nice film based on real life, Christian Bale is amazing, plays the part amazing.

Story is ok, general American low to high, but is quite true to facts and the characters have substance.

I also really enjoyed this one.

perthheart    686

Kumare . A doco about a guy who starts his own pretend guru yoga religion then starts losing his mind when people start worshipping him. Was trying to be poignant and deep but ends up being hilarious and pointless. Worth a watch though.

dRoy    572

Got the Godfather trilogy cued up for tomorrow. Any other cult movies I should watch while on sick leave.

tomby    799

A lot of people have seen this movie and have said it is brilliant, can't wait to see it.

Edited by tomby

tomby    799

Sounds great then, really wanting to see it. Goes for a long time though, like two and a half hours i'm pretty sure.

Woody    642

Yeah went in at 9:20 came out just after midnight so need an afternoon or an evening set aside.

• Like 1