Melbourne Football

MHFC Alternate Jerseys

dRoy

Seeing every man and his dog, are awesome when it comes to thinking of a new design for jerseys etc, I was thinking, when the white strip with the red sash expires, what will we use next? Keep it? I personally don't like it.

I saw this on a English sports shop website, thought we could wear it, if the black is softened to more of a grey, charcoal.

Post your own designs, probably will have another fan designed jersey comp in a few years ;)

HOOP_RED_BLACK_200.jpg

Seeing every man and his dog, are awesome when it comes to thinking of a new design for jerseys etc, I was thinking, when the white strip with the red sash expires, what will we use next? Keep it? I personally don't like it.

I saw this on a English sports shop website, thought we could wear it, if the black is softened to more of a grey, charcoal.

Post your own designs, probably will have another fan designed jersey comp in a few years ;)

HOOP_RED_BLACK_200.jpg

would still clash with a red kit which defeats the purpose of the alternative kit

Edited by malloy

would still clash with a red kit which defeats the purpose of the alternative kit

Not really, they are making the home kit 'whiter' for next season.

This could also be worn with Black shorts and hooped socks.

Anyway fwiw, they kits for next season have already been manufactured, they staying the same as currently, with very minor changes!

what i mean to say, is that two years doesn't make a tradition, we can go with what ever colours we want

For sure! However I can't see us getting rid of a Red & White home kit, We'll be looking to build an identity in these early years and changing our home strip too much could hinder that. Also red & Heart match quite nicely. Personally i'd like to see us mess around with different combinations of red & white. Hoops, Stripes, Sashes, quarters etc as long as we stay red & white.

We should however experiment on our away!

Edited by Hammerhead

IMO we should wear our standard (i.e. home) kit all the time unless there is a genuine colour clash when we are playing away. That is the home team's kit contains red. Adelaide and Newcastle being the two that come to mind. Then we should use a kit that contains no red at all.

IMO Newcastle have got this right. Their second kit keeps their stripes, but reverts to black-and-white instead of their red-and-blue home kit.

Therefore I would go for Heart's change kit retaining the vertical strips, colours green and charcoal/black, black shorts, green socks. Westpac logo in white.

Our present red sash away top is OK, but it is, technically, still a colour clash with Adelaide. What makes it look awful is the white shorts and white socks - makes us look like a bunch of pansies - black shorts would make a hell of a difference there.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1