Melbourne Football

Week 20: Melbourne v Gold Coast United - Feb 17 - 8pm

Caddy

Subpar performance by the team. An early goal would've settled the nerves though, and it wasn't as if we didn't control the game, we just lack that final ball in the attacking third. Stop trying to walk the ball into the back of the net ffs.

Terrace was flat, needs work.

First time ever my bro and I watched a half outside the active bay, we were honestly not feeling it at all.

Second half we came back down to our regular spots, glad we did.

Was so much fun. Honestly the game was pretty boring, that's probably why the Y-side did so well in the second half.

Flinders St was also fun.

And I was sober. Tesla was not.

PS. No personal use of the mega!

• Like 2

last night made up for several weeks of preseason missed.

am recieving cramps this morning ffs.

the only problem i thought how fast it was, but in saying that, the amount of fun everyone was having it didnt really matter.

great night by y-side, and hopefully sets the standard for ALL future aleague games.

I was up the other end and Yarraside were fantastic all game.

GCU were gallant. Gotta give them that. Undermanned and out of their depth, but stuck at it all night and didn't lose shape or composure.

We left it late, but got the three points we needed so I'm happy and relieved. Dominated general play like we should've, but still have issues in the front third. Some of the decision making from our forwards is terrible, but it might be at least partly due to the anxiety that builds when you haven't scored or won for a while. When a side is confident, choosing the right options tends to flow naturally, while most of our players seem to get stage fright whenever we get in promising positions. Hopefully a win will relieve some of the pressure. We were scoring fairly freely until recently.

Fred is just on another level. I thought he had a fantastic game first up after a lay off. Babalj and Thompson also gave us something off the bench. Babalj wasn't great, but he played with energy and is structurally the best option up front. Ideally, he's perhaps best utilised off the bench like last night, but we just don't have anyone better for the central striker role.

Will be good to get Mate, the Hoff and Behich back. It will be nice if Goodwin can move up to the wing and Behich to left back. Goodwins crossing and passing a bit better than Behich. Or they can switch as they can both play the role. Terra in behind the striker. Hopefully we can hit some good form soon as the next 3 games are hard ones.

In all honesty, that level of participation and enthusiasm should be a formality every week.

However, the chanting itself needs to improve, especially the tempo of the chants.

This.

The tempo was a bit quick, but when it's going for 40+ minutes and people are having a fun, who am I to say 'slow down' ?

:D

• Like 2

We got the 3 points last night and that's the most important thing. Back on track for a finals place.

An early goal would have been a dream. I was expecting a game like our 3-0 Newcastle win, but we scored late so we didn't get a big win like with that game.

Nerves were high. I completely agree with the point that nothing is coming naturally to Heart; not good passing, good positioning or good decision making in the final third.

I have a new theory that players are running with the ball too much and taking too many touches. This causes players without the ball to expect not to receive it and not position to receive passes. I think our positioning regardless has been poor, with the 3 in midfield being static and not helping the back 4 bring the ball up and far too many players just moving up to our opponents back 4 and waiting to receive the ball (so many times there were 4 or 5 players against GCU's back 4, which is stupid when we are failing to bring the ball up).

Great stuff from Yarraside btw.

If we build on this result we could have a pretty good end of the season, so next week against the not at their best CCM will be interesting.

Was also at flinders street station chanting my ass off and my mate was told off for filming for some reason?

I told a few guys not to film it, as did another senior terrace member. Was hardly a telling off, I just said dont film it, and they were just like 'OK'.

You should be getting amongst it instead of filming it first of all.

Second of all, not everyone wants their faces all over the internet.

And I was sober. Tesla was not.

PS. No personal use of the mega!

*gets regularly accused of being drunk when actually sober crew*

wasn't personal use, keys were lost in the process of trying to fire the terrace up more, so mega use was only fair.

this was Tesla vs the ACG guy last night...

14808973.jpg

He was mad. And then madder when I jumped on the field next to him and he couldnt do shit about it. Trolololololol.

Absolutely amazing night. The raging success of the *Seed & Nut Crew* which has now taken over the terrace, the epic 40 minute chant, the post game festivities, and everything in between.

Best ever game.

Best seed i have enjoyed i quite a while TBH!! haha Tesla's seeds are never ending, best $3.10 ever spent, surely.

He was so Mad, Calling you OUT for using swear Word? what a night! loved it terrific performance all round..

Argie on the drums for that long, fantastic performance!

• Like 1