Melbourne Football
CALZALOL

Business and Investing

malloy    3,112
6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm working for a University so it's "unisuper". Am I fucked?

NFI idea tbh. Just give them a standard choice form and threaten going to ATO

• Like 1

strider    2,394

1. wtf do you do at uni @Jimmy

2. not sure if i mentioned this before but bitcoin keeps rising to stupid amount, just hit 1500 AUD per BTC. They were trading at ~150 2-3 years ago. 

It is being likened to PayPal, where people were slightly hesitant at first but now you're silly if you don't use it. Wait till it drops then dump a spare $2k or so into it. You never know. 

Jimmy    3,161
17 hours ago, strider said:

2. not sure if i mentioned this before but bitcoin keeps rising to stupid amount, just hit 1500 AUD per BTC. They were trading at ~150 2-3 years ago. 

It is being likened to PayPal, where people were slightly hesitant at first but now you're silly if you don't use it. Wait till it drops then dump a spare $2k or so into it. You never know. 

Just an advisor.

• Like 1

Tesla    8,097
18 hours ago, strider said:

It was higher like a year or more ago, it crashed and has been in a slump for a while AFAIK, must be coming back up (i dont pay attention anymore).

I actually left some money in one of the alt coins, wonder if it's done anything.

Edit: Apparently worth 0.73413173 btc, so I have $1k I didnt know about. Definitely never invested that much in coins. Nice.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

malloy    3,112
On 05/01/2017 at 2:37 AM, strider said:

http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/currencies/bitcoin-drops-after-chinas-yuan-reverses-direction-20170105-gtmr85.html

Tesla    8,097

Should have cashed out yesterday lol.

Classic Chinese, creating bubbles and then bursting them. I swear it's related to their love of gambling, they probably see creating bubbles and then trying to pick the timing to get out as a form of gambling, and it pretty much is.

malloy    3,112
28 minutes ago, strider said:

Its still almost 10x what it was when it started

It will never be that low again, its at 1.3-1.4 right now

You gonna get in? Reason I posted was because you were saying to wait till it drops before getting in, was just giving you a heads up.

strider    2,394
33 minutes ago, malloy said:

You gonna get in? Reason I posted was because you were saying to wait till it drops before getting in, was just giving you a heads up.

i got in a year ago lol, crypto-currency is the future. cash won't exist 

every paycheck i get i try to put anywhere from 100 - 300 straight into BTC. I use coinjar as my "bank", you get a nice eftpos card too

Edited by strider

Tesla    8,097
On 05/01/2017 at 8:54 PM, Tesla said:

It was higher like a year or more ago, it crashed and has been in a slump for a while AFAIK, must be coming back up (i dont pay attention anymore).

I actually left some money in one of the alt coins, wonder if it's done anything.

Edit: Apparently worth 0.73413173 btc, so I have $1k I didnt know about. Definitely never invested that much in coins. Nice.

So my procrastination has lead to my SDC now being worth 1 BTC. Which is worth about $1250-$1300 now.

strider    2,394
On 27/01/2017 at 7:23 PM, Tesla said:

So my procrastination has lead to my SDC now being worth 1 BTC. Which is worth about $1250-$1300 now.

1.6k now

Healthscope (HSO)  is on the up

strider    2,394

please please PLEASE tell me you lads got on AC8 and/or ZLD/OPT recently?

Fucking spewwing. Want to sell my motorbike and start making big money on the stocks. I fkn worked with AC8 before the IPO too. Saw it all coming. Fucking medical mj

Jimmy    3,161
1 hour ago, strider said:

please please PLEASE tell me you lads got on AC8 and/or ZLD/OPT recently?

Fucking spewwing. Want to sell my motorbike and start making big money on the stocks. I fkn worked with AC8 before the IPO too. Saw it all coming. Fucking medical mj

That's nothing. I actually held a nice parcel of SAS shares. I bought them for 2c, sold for 7c, they were like 26c not long ago. So I missed a fucking 13 bagger. They'll probs be something retarded like $5 per share before long, provided their spaceship doesn't explode, but I'm way too salty to get back on.

strider    2,394
5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

That's nothing. I actually held a nice parcel of SAS shares. I bought them for 2c, sold for 7c, they were like 26c not long ago. So I missed a fucking 13 bagger. They'll probs be something retarded like $5 per share before long, provided their spaceship doesn't explode, but I'm way too salty to get back on.

Lol they won't succeed... the earth is flat 

• Like 2

strider    2,394

Has anyone here borrowed to invest in high div. yield shares? Am wondering how interest etc works with re-payments and tax? 

Who's the resident finance guru? I will give you some under-the-table info if you'd like... PM 

HeartFc    2,540

Went up $600 $800 in less than a month. I missed the fucking boat big time. 

Edited by HeartFc

strider    2,394
3 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Went up $600 $800 in less than a month. I missed the fucking boat big time. 

I had BTC when it was ~1k lol

FFS

I keep saying this but every month I'm gonna put AU$100 into my Coinjar BTC account.

Edited by strider

HeartFc    2,540

Yea I'm massive dumbcunt, been meaning to pump some cash into BTC for about 6 months now but a nasty breakup/settlement/lawyers etc etc has fucked my finances. 

Hopefully I can time gold/silver a little better when get my hands on my cash. 

• Like 1

Jimmy    3,161
5 hours ago, Begbie said:

Has anybody used a P2P loan lender before eg. MoneyPlace?

Need a lend brah?