Melbourne Football

Introduction Thread

Buddy Farah

Hello,

Firstly let me give you a little bit of history about myself. Name is Stefan, Originally from Zurich, born and bred, due to work however I have spent most of my time in Geneva, which some of you may know is the main financial district of Switzerland. What brings me here? Moved down to Melbourne only very recently due to work and will be living and working here at least for the next three years, no dependents nor family, so i guess the time seemed right for such a big move! Most of you may have figured out that I'm a staunch supporter of FCZ and staunch hater of grasshopper and basel scum. Don't know much about Australian football, apart from Wynton Rufer and s.chipperfeild! However I guess I should get to the point now, I have chosen the club which will satisfy my thirst for football over the coming years here, and did attend my first match on Sunday. I purchased a reserve seat just to get the feel of things for me, although the overall attendance was poor, the fans behind the southern end of the goal were quite impressive, some of your songs sound very familiar to what we use in swiss. Coming to Australia, I didn't have much expectation, so it was a great surprise.

I wiill purchase general admission tickets next time to stand with the real fans next game!

See you!

• Like 4

<div id="CLSCRIPT_communicationDiv">I&#39;m Alan. I&#39;ve followed the Tigers all my life, Sunderland since I met my wife, and Heart since our first game. You&#39;ll find me at the home games singing with Yarraside. </div>

• Like 2

Hello,

Firstly let me give you a little bit of history about myself. Name is Stefan, Originally from Zurich, born and bred, due to work however I have spent most of my time in Geneva, which some of you may know is the main financial district of Switzerland. What brings me here? Moved down to Melbourne only very recently due to work and will be living and working here at least for the next three years, no dependents nor family, so i guess the time seemed right for such a big move! Most of you may have figured out that I'm a staunch supporter of FCZ and staunch hater of grasshopper and basel scum. Don't know much about Australian football, apart from Wynton Rufer and s.chipperfeild! However I guess I should get to the point now, I have chosen the club which will satisfy my thirst for football over the coming years here, and did attend my first match on Sunday. I purchased a reserve seat just to get the feel of things for me, although the overall attendance was poor, the fans behind the southern end of the goal were quite impressive, some of your songs sound very familiar to what we use in swiss. Coming to Australia, I didn't have much expectation, so it was a great surprise.

I wiill purchase general admission tickets next time to stand with the real fans next game!

See you!

i like this guy already.

I'm Tom, I'm 16 and a Yarraside lad! Been a Heart fan since the beginning and became a member this season. My very first Heart game (and football game) was our 2-1 win over Wellington at AAMI Park. I wasnt in the stands I was one of the ball-boys and got placed right in front of the Yarraside. As soon as they through a flare onto the pitch right next to me I knew that Yarraside was where I had to be! Look for me in the terrace, I'm there every home game with my little brother and my mate (and newly converted victory supporter) dan. Im the skinny pasty kid in the home shirt with O'KEEFE 26 on the back :D COME ON YOU BOYS IN RED!

• Like 3

Hey, this is Toby.

I am not part of the terrace but I seldom miss a game since the 1st win against NQF.

Lots of people watch English/European football in my home town (Hong Kong) but I've never been into football until I went to the Heart home game playing NQF in the 1st season.

I am also a big music and combat arts fan! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hullo lads, I'm Callum. Scottish born and raised in Glasgow, moved to Melbourne when I was 6 disliked 'The creatures next door' since and always will. Proud Rangers and Heart fan. Seeya's all next season (Hopefully sooner for a friendly). :)

I think you need to meet Attila

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

G'day guys, I'm Millsy and I'm 14. Been a fan since the start but decided to start coming to matches this year. Am from a footy background (Collingwood :) ) but have loved the World Game since the Socceroos qualified for the '06 Cup. Also a passionate Newcastle United fan, glad to see them in contention for the last CL spot :D Clearly Behich is my 'favourite' :P See you round.

• Like 2

G'day guys, I'm Millsy and I'm 14. Been a fan since the start but decided to start coming to matches this year. Am from a footy background (Collingwood :) ) but have loved the World Game since the Socceroos qualified for the '06 Cup. Also a passionate Newcastle United fan, glad to see them in contention for the last CL spot :D Clearly Behich is my 'favourite' :P See you round.

Good to see another fellow toon fan on the forum, seems to be a growing population. Welcome aboard mate.

Hi lads, name is MOT.

Let me take you back a couple years. My grandson supports victory, and I hate him, so I thought this was the team for me. I've been coming to games ever since.

I watch the matches from behind the active area, and thought I would get on the forums.

• Like 4