Melbourne Football

JA in the news...

jw1739

John Aloisi is on the front page of this week's 'The Weekly Review' (one of the freebie magazines that comes into my letter box) and there is a two-page cover story inside entitled 'Heart is where the home is' with another full-page photo of JA.

Well done all concerned.

There are only so many articles each week on Melbourne Heart. On average per week there is maybe 3 or 4. A good week has maybe 5 or 6. The average might be an article or two higher during the season, but I think it's often the same.

Especially during preseason when there hellishly little football in Australian media, I reckon each article deserves its own thread (as long as they are on different subjects, of course. E.g., so all the reports of a particular match are in the one thread).

A0-CIFXCEAARzmf.jpg

'John Aloisi is very good looking. It's hard to tell where to start, but the opalescent eyes might be a good place, or his cheekbones' as sharp as a Ronaldo turn. The only tax on his winnings in the genetic lottery comes in the form of his stance; as he surveys the Melbourne Heart first team on a sunny winter's day in Bundoora, it is easy to spot that he is ever so slightly bow-legged'.

A bit of a puff piece, but it's also a decent article with some interesting quotes from Aloisi.

Aloisi on an earlier quote by him that he aims to win the league: 'Last year we weren't far off, we beat every team in the competition; we didn't lose to Brisbane, we beat them once and drew with them twice'. 'We can compete with anyone. The players just have to believe it. And it's my job to make sure they do believe it'.

On quickly becoming the head coach at Melbourne Heart: 'It's an easier place to step into than any other club. If someone had turned around and asked me, "Would you like to go and coach Melbourne Victory?", I wouldn't. I think I'm ready here, whereas a place like that you have to do a complete turnaround, to try and create a philosophy. I don't think I'd have been able to do that just yet'.

On past coaches of his: 'I had Terry Venables with the national team and I found that he was a really good man manager - and that we had Guus Hiddink who would keep his distance at all costs'. 'I'm not trying to copy anyone, just trying to be my own person. I can't be mates with the players, but I know them and I can lend an ear'.

On JVS: 'After a game van't Schip was pretty level - he's not really over the top if we win and he doesn't yell at the players if we lose. That's very good because some coaches can go either way and it's not good for a player.' 'It's something he did on purpose. I asked him about it once, and he said, "Look, I get so angry that I'll probably take it out on the wrong person" '.

On Melbourne Heart not spending lavishly: 'That's why we're breaking even'. 'We're here to make sure the club is stable and ends up lasting for hundreds of years - our game, our competition, is only young'.

To be fair, its not like we are exactly being bombarded so many posts we cant keep up. Contributing almost nothing is better than actually contributing nothing at all- which is what most people on here do

Well, here you go. Completely off topic and the only thing partly connected to MHFC is the fact that fred used to play for DC United. But at least it`s a post :).

So without any further delay, here are the highlights from Montreal Impacts match last night.

Bring on October 5th!

And there's more! Saw this on 442 forum.

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/video/?videoid=a3f31e6e-301f-465e-8402-702c50d58382

Can't be much doubt that the contents of this thread is one of the reasons JA got the job ahead of Milicic. Not necessarily the main reason. But it had to be part of the board's thinking. If he can coach as well, then great.

• Like 1

And there's more! Saw this on 442 forum.

http://channelnine.n...02-702c50d58382

Can't be much doubt that the contents of this thread is one of the reasons JA got the job ahead of Milicic. Not necessarily the main reason. But it had to be part of the board's thinking. If he can coach as well, then great.

If we win the first derby i believe the whole terrace should do the *aloisi*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...