Melbourne Football

Golgol Mebrahtu

DutchPride

No, I don't think so. He was out of contract and wanted out. Was underplayed and didn't get on with Merrick from what you hear.

They offered Mate a new contract, in fact they made it known in public to their supporters that were working hard to keep him.

I believe when they heard MH were sniffing around they even improved the contract terms.

I also remember they made no secret that they were annoyed he chose to leave with their CEO saying on SEN in a drive time slot that the club was very disappointed to leave such a young talented player.

It always amazes me when full on Mong Flogs are so ill informed they write all of FB that their club delisted him.

Edited by cadete

They offered Mate a new contract, in fact they made it known in public to their supporters that were working hard to keep him.

I believe when they heard MH were sniffing around they even improved the contract terms.

I also remember they made no secret that they were annoyed he chose to leave with their CEO saying on SEN in a drive time slot that the club was very disappointed to leave such a young talented player.

It always amazes me when full on Mong Flogs are so ill informed they write all of FB that their club delisted him.

This considered, I remove Mate from my list.

The rest still stand though and I have faith in the club to be able to identify and groom new and/or previously overlooked talent.

I bet none of you have seen him play over 3 times, how the fuck can you discourage him?

This thread is a disgrace tbf, enough of the criticism and abuse without him even playing for us. Like many players a move to a different club can pay dividends, just wait and see ffs.

• Like 4

I bet none of you have seen him play over 3 times, how the fuck can you discourage him?

This thread is a disgrace tbf, enough of the criticism and abuse without him even playing for us. Like many players a move to a different club can pay dividends, just wait and see ffs.

I agree whole heartedly!

give the guy a break!

when he wears a melbourne heart shirt we support him!

#golgol

Why are signing spastics...itsa simple question...im getting really tyred of getting my hopesd up for some brilliance...and were signing vpl shit and unknown flog that would struggle to get a decent go at hiedelburg united (Ah Ah Allesandros)

I like the fact that on an internet forum you are free to label someone as a 'spastic', yet do not require the ability to spell or use correct grammar. All hail the internet!

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Get behind him, you sour bastards. We all know the club is looking to balance the books, so get behind the lad. Who knows, he might put a few in and provide a few assists.

Visionary.

Gol Gol is our most promising player. Can turn a game in a moment, best free kick and corner taker, glides past defenders and now can score. So thrilled with him.

from what i've seen he's a good dead ball strike. other that he is slow, clumsy, has poor ball control balance and touch and is injury prone.

Give him a break. He's had osteitis pubis. He pulled up sore after the Newcastle game, and probably shouldn't even have been on the bench today. Just another inexplicable decision by Aloisi.

from what i've seen he's a good dead ball strike. other that he is slow, clumsy, has poor ball control balance and touch and is injury prone.

Must be a different bloke from the Gol Gol I am thinking of.

Agree completely. Think you're watching someone else mate

You need to look more closely.

My money says he will amount to very little.

Must be a different bloke from the Gol Gol I am thinking of.

Agree completely. Think you're watching someone else mate

You need to look more closely.

My money says he will amount to very little.

Happy to take you up on that.

There are very few players that excite a crowd but this kid does. At the Jets game, and yesterday he drew audible gasps from the crowd when he ran at 3 Roar defenders in the dying moments. For me he should have run into the penalty area and drawn a challenge. But he doesn't appear to be 100% fit so JA et al should manage him very carefully. He's turning out to be a crowd favourite and good luck to him.

Edited by HEARTinator

He wasn't good in the time he was on today, probably should've been rested completely.

KK do you ever back us or our players?

Hmmm, who have I bagged:

Bolton, played on season too long, sitting on the bench and career probably over.

Thompson: Am I the only one?

Fred: Is past it.

Colosimo: Seriously people think he deserves to start?

John Aloisi: Not A-league standard coach.

Hoffman: C'mon on!

McAllister: would not get a contract at any other A-league club.

The Board, the CEO yep. And I stand by that for their abondonment of the playing philosophy, for the coaching appointment and manner it was done, for the lack of ambition (break even, make the finals FFS!) and leadership, for the bullshit "announcements"

Players I've praised

Tadic

Germano

Gerhadt

Garcia

Just because they were a striped shirt doesn;t mean they are good for the club or deserve to.

You are so manifestly negative about everything.

Only because there are so many things wrong this season that need to be changed if the club wants to do more than just be the 10th club in the league. Why do you think fans won't show to our games? Look at this weeks banner:"We Demand More Heart". Even the active supporters (who are great BTW) are disillusioned.

I share your frustration, but there is a difference between constructive criticism and relentless negativity. You won't even buy a membership.

Bought 3 for each of the first 2 seasons, plus all the paraphanelia.

Victree's Board got Postecoglou who brought in Finkler, Flores and got the most out of Rojas, Thompson and Celeski, and has cleaned out some of his dead wood and will clean out some more. He runs that joint now even shutting up Muscrat. Arnold has built a team that is the best in the land out of ordinary players and an eye for young talent, again what he says goes. The FFA got Popovic and he has built a top 4 side that plays some nice football out of A-league rejects sprinkled with some ball playing talent. And he said "No" to both Ballack and the FFA.

This is the sort of man we need to appoint and the Board need to give him the power to run it his way.

When i see the club is serious about being Champions, they'll get my money. That means making the hard calls on the current playing squad, the coaches, the fitness people. Then actively going out and hiring people that have a vision about how we will play, and eye for talent that will allow us to play that way.

• Like 1

When i see the club is serious about being Champions, they'll get my money. That means making the hard calls on the current playing squad, the coaches, the fitness people. Then actively going out and hiring people that have a vision about how we will play, and eye for talent that will allow us to play that way.

Glory hunter. Support your club through the thick and thin. Not just when you think we might be able to win a title.
  • Like 1

Glory hunter. Support your club through the thick and thin. Not just when you think we might be able to win a title.

^ This

Your money will help us get to the promised land

^This

Aye, you put in to the club the club will have more resources to do what you say.

It's what supporting a football club is all about. Good times and the bad. You support.

And ^This

I Joined this club with the view that I can look back in 50 years and say I remember when .....

edit

Spelling

Edited by borris

Nope. Not at all.

Could have continued as a casual at Victree if that were the case.

Its about supporting a club that has vision, ambition and passion.

I follow Arsenal beacsue they are true to themselves: its about playing a certain way, conducting themsleves a certain way on the pitch, developing and recruiting players that can make that vision a reality, and not being totally reliant on having the biggest bags of money to steal other club's talent. Sure might not get the most trophies, but its how they go about their business.

And I for one don't believe that this can't be a major point of difference. Look at Glory and what they're known for: aggression and direct football.

Its a salary-capped league, so its not about the money, but the people who run the joint.

Heart promised a playing philosophy and building with youth. And abondoned it.

Nope. Not at all.

I follow Arsenal beacsue they are true to themselves: its about playing a certain way, conducting themsleves a certain way on the pitch, developing and recruiting players that can make that vision a reality, and not being totally reliant on having the biggest bags of money to steal other club's talent. Sure might not get the most trophies, but its how they go about their business.

And I for one don't believe that this can't be a major point of difference. Look at Glory and what they're known for: aggression and direct football.

Its a salary-capped league, so its not about the money, but the people who run the joint.

Then maybe it's time you abandoned Heart. That, or switch to a new expansion team with a style that better suits you. Heart owe you nothing.

Nope. Not at all.

rofl.

I really hope you're just a troll. Flog.

Nope. Not at all.

Then maybe it's time you abandoned Heart. That, or switch to a new expansion team with a style that better suits you. Heart owe you nothing.

And I owe Heart, what?

Each their own.

I understand the change in philosophy can piss you off and give you a right to complain because I feel the same way, but I will support them right through, especially now.

If you have feeling for the club, you should know that your support with a membership, attendance etc is needed.

• Like 2

Nope. Not at all.

rofl.

Fuck off you pretentious wanker.

At least i can articulate why I've supported this club.

If I gave you a fucking week you couldn't come up with a single reason why you "support" this club other than "they're not Victory".

Nope. Not at all.

rofl.

Fuck off you pretentious wanker.

At least i can articulate why I've supported this club.

If I gave you a fucking week you couldn't come up with a single reason why you "support" this club other than "they're not Victory".

Mate just fuck off