Melbourne Football

MHFC Fan Forum - May 24 2012 @ La Trobe Uni (Confirmed by Club Email)

LR9

FanForum.171638.jpg

Book it.

Bring your membership card just to be safe.

I'll be there. A lot of interesting points were made on here. All are good considerations.

- Youth team should attend games! (if they don't already)

- Training times should be advertised on website (if they aren't already)

- Futsal team memberships and exposure (pending venue and logistics)

Lads, just thought id help out those who aren't too familiar with LaTrobe Uni as the campus is fucken huge and this lecture theatre is a bit of an obscure one too. The Hooper theatre is on the ground floor and the Szental on top of it. Stairs on the outside of the Hooper up to it.

1e2d5w.png

I've also marked out free carparking on the map because %90 of the rest is paid parking and you can only buy ALL DAY TICKETS($8). The free parking is also on the appropriate side to get to the Szental LT as well.

These are the bus routes that service the Uni and the main bus stop is very close to the Szental.

246: ELSTERNWICK - CLIFTON HILL - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY

250: GARDEN CITY/PORT MELBOURNE - CITY - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY

340: CITY - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY (VIA FREEWAY)

548: KEW (COTHAM ROAD) - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY (INCLUDING EXTENSION TO GRANGE BOULEVARD)

550: NORTHLAND SHOPPING CENTRE - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY INTERCHANGE

551: HEIDELBERG - LA TROBE UNIVERSITY INTERCHANGE

561: COBURG - MACLEOD (VIA RESERVOIR AND LA TROBE UNIVERSITY)

563: GREENSBOROUGH - NORTHLAND (VIA APOLLO PARKWAYS - SOUTH MORANG - MILL PARK - BUNDOORA - MT. COOPER)

566: NORTHLAND - LALOR (VIA KINGSBURY, WATSONIA, WATSONIA NORTH, GREENSBOROUGH, BUNDOORA, MILL PARK)

86 Tram:Stop60. is also very close and 5mins walk to the Uni.

Hope it helps, happy to answer any other questions on LaTrobe Uni logistics as well.

Edited by Braveheart

Should try and get the board to buy the imperial (or somewhere simular) so we can have a home base where when you buy a drink at least you know the profit goes to the club.

Good suggestion. Like Gold Coast Titans. The Titan Bar or Club.

Should try and get the board to buy the imperial (or somewhere simular) so we can have a home base where when you buy a drink at least you know the profit goes to the club.

Can't see this ever happening, but great idea nonetheless.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Sometimes I read the Melbourne Heart thread on MV.net for the epic lulz. Just letting you know a few mongs plan on crashing this in wheelie bins and making some spa joke or some lame shit.

Edited by NoMorePineapple

Sometimes I read the Melbourne Heart thread on MV.net for the epic lulz. Just letting you know a few mongs plan on crashing this in wheelie bins and making some spa joke or some lame shit.

I look forward to it.

Will not be there, lost my license and not enjoying nor used to the Pube-T.

Can someone raise the necessity of a conditioning /fitness coach! Greater prevention of injury, stamina, quickness and all that.

Thank-you.

Martin Wollin, Tom Reddin and Belinda Pacella plus a ton of physios make up our high performance team (ie. fitness/conditioning). Read up on their credentials, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

Martin Wollin, Tom Reddin and Belinda Pacella plus a ton of physios make up our high performance team (ie. fitness/conditioning). Read up on their credentials, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers, never new we had anyone, only looked at the website for staff and none were mentioned.

How do you know these guys so well???

Was going to do some volunteer work with them in a medical capacity last season. Have had a number of chats with them about training philosophy, recovery strategies, play specific training schedules, training loads, nutrition and more over the past year and a half. When I say they know their shit, they know their shit.

The issue for us isn't so much to do with having a low training level or low base fitness. What we are lacking compared to some other clubs is elite level pitch. The La Trobe pitch is quite good, and has certainly improved a lot since we started there, but compared with AAMI Park it's a bit of a dip. A big question I have is how far along the facility upgrade is. Last I remember, we were simply waiting on funding from local, state and federal governments.

FWIW, found this article, didn't see much of it in the media.

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/articles/2012/article/la-trobe-extends-its-heart

• Like 1

Was going to do some volunteer work with them in a medical capacity last season. Have had a number of chats with them about training philosophy, recovery strategies, play specific training schedules, training loads, nutrition and more over the past year and a half. When I say they know their shit, they know their shit.

The issue for us isn't so much to do with having a low training level or low base fitness. What we are lacking compared to some other clubs is elite level pitch. The La Trobe pitch is quite good, and has certainly improved a lot since we started there, but compared with AAMI Park it's a bit of a dip. A big question I have is how far along the facility upgrade is. Last I remember, we were simply waiting on funding from local, state and federal governments.

FWIW, found this article, didn't see much of it in the media.

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/articles/2012/article/la-trobe-extends-its-heart

Thanks for the article there, KA. Don't remember seeing or hearing any coverage of the extension of the agreement whatsoever.

Would be nice if the Heart website was up-to-date and informative...