Melbourne Football

ACG out of Y-Side

spain82

I'm willing to boycott home games from May 2012 until September 2012.

pretty funny

but to be fair, we can whinge and moan all we like. if scott munn sees an empty yarraside at a home game we might actually force his hand....

last resort obviously..... but the way things are going, yarraside will be empty by the end of each game anyway

pretty funny

but to be fair, we can whinge and moan all we like. if scott munn sees an empty yarraside at a home game we might actually force his hand....

last resort obviously..... but the way things are going, yarraside will be empty by the end of each game anyway

If things don’t change I am prepared to boycott.

It’s one of the many reasons why I carefully to chose my actions to be reflective of an Independent Supporter so I can criticise/protest against the club whenever I feel it’s justified.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I believe my plan is better than boycotting, I'm sure half the terrace know my plan at this stage. Unfortunately other distractions got in the way of executing it at the last game, but if this unacceptable behaviour by ACG and ACAB continues, the time to execute it will come.

• Like 1

I believe my plan is better than boycotting, I'm sure half the terrace know my plan at this stage. Unfortunately other distractions got in the way of executing it at the last game, but if this unacceptable behaviour by ACG and ACAB continues, the time to execute it will come.

love to hear it...

so pissed off regular season is over.... if we get a home final theyre gonna need riot gear for sure, especially if the terrace is as drunk as last week lol

Ever had any troubles with the ACG at Hindmarsh?

They arent ACG IIRC, and they used to be cool first season, they basically told us "you can do whatever you like, just dont swear", obviously no one is going to listen to a "no swearing" rule. Earlier this season they were complete kunts though, but thats probably due to the new stadium management who are kunts.

Whatever happened to the head ACG secco that used to regularly stand at the front of the terrace? He often conferring with BH and reacted reasonably when one of his staff members was acting unreasonably.

Glasgow John. No longer top boy. Don't know why.

Only ACG who understood football - perhaps that was his "problem."

pretty funny

Why do you think Scott Munn needs his hand to be forced? Has YS already approached him over this issue?

Ever had any troubles with the ACG at Hindmarsh?

They arent ACG IIRC, and they used to be cool first season, they basically told us "you can do whatever you like, just dont swear", obviously no one is going to listen to a "no swearing" rule. Earlier this season they were complete kunts though, but thats probably due to the new stadium management who are kunts.

Adelaide has really strict new Stadium Management as from this season.

They won’t even allow certain Red Terrace banners as they don’t have explicit reference to the team.

If we had another game as bad as this one with ACG, I would suggest the first step to be everyone to sit down for the second half before moving into boycott mode if needed in the future.

Edited by cadete

I think the first step should be write a letter to Scott Munn saying what is wrong with ACG at the moment and what we want changed. If the club cannot/will not work with us to fix the ACG problem then we should take it into our own hands.

Boycotting games should be a last resort, first should be quiet, sit down protest, or maybe moving to another section of the ground.

Fwiw, we can get a home final if we finish 5th and win the first final and 6th beat 3rd in the finals. Let's keep this on topic though.

We move to level 3 instead of boycotting or sitting down. Move to level 3 and do whatever the fawk we want.

I was looking for you in the second half. Couldn't find you. Then I started searching the top level. Lol. I really wanted to do that.

Glasgow John. No longer top boy. Don't know why.

Only ACG who understood football - perhaps that was his "problem."

Bumped into him midway through season, he's now above top dog of security at Aami, can't remember exactly what he's doing though, said he might be there for the Derby's though

In my time in Yarraside, I have never considered the terrace to be a dangerous or unsafe place to be. I've never feared for my own safety and I'd have no problems bringing my girlfriend along to the games (and she has), because I think there is no chance of her getting injured or hurt etc.

The heavy handedness of security when telling people to get off seats, get into the aisles and those that have had a few beers too many has been nothing short of absurd. In fact, I think their presence is more likely to make the terrace a more hostile environment, not a "safer" one.

Whilst I admit the lighting of flares is something that does draw a level of attention to us, something really needs to be done regarding ACG to ensure the Yarraside is a place that is first and foremost about supporting the 11 on the pitch and chanting non-stop, rather than an ongoing unmanageable situation with overbearing security.

Rant over.

Edited by Cammo

Now all go and say something to the club or NOTHING will change They The club & Acg are not on here so you can rant as much as you like but it won't change a thing

Actions speak louder So go & make yourself heard with the club & not just a forum

Believe me if everyone who has posted on here about this issue speaks to the club then they have to address the issue ,If they don't know about it they can't change it !!!

• Like 1

Maybe a good idea would be for someone to write a letter to the club on behalf of the terrace explaining our overall point of view. Then everyone signs it and gives a small (2 to 4 sentences) description of things that have personally happened to or effected them.

Now all go and say something to the club or NOTHING will change They The club & Acg are not on here so you can rant as much as you like but it won't change a thing

Actions speak louder So go & make yourself heard with the club & not just a forum

Believe me if everyone who has posted on here about this issue speaks to the club then they have to address the issue ,If they don't know about it they can't change it !!!

I agree. The other thing is, has anyone spoken to our 'friends' at Victory? They had exactly the same issues, we can learn from their mistakes and successes.

Maybe a good idea would be for someone to write a letter to the club on behalf of the terrace explaining our overall point of view. Then everyone signs it and gives a small (2 to 4 sentences) description of things that have personally happened to or effected them.

Agree, I was going to suggest that in my last post but forgot.

I'm not the best writer though, so it would be good if someone could write a short letter and post it on here, so we can all copy it and add our names/own few sentences and send it to Munn.

I don't think that there's much extra value in flooding poor Scott's inbox with 100+ emails that all say the same thing, I'm sure that he'd get the message in 1 letter. The other thing is whether it's better approaching him personally. If nobody has time to do it, then maybe at the next club family day, this is usually at the end of the season.

I don't think that there's much extra value in flooding poor Scott's inbox with 100+ emails that all say the same thing, I'm sure that he'd get the message in 1 letter. The other thing is whether it's better approaching him personally. If nobody has time to do it, then maybe at the next club family day, this is usually at the end of the season.

don't feel sorry for him, he's got a fucking job to do

• Like 4

I agree with a single letter signed by a number of people. This will be more controlled and look far more official than 100 poorly written emails telling how ACG called someone a nasty name.

But like KSK said, if we aren't heard this way, then we can always use other methods.