Melbourne Football

Transfers

malloy

Source-J.V.S (at the Player/Coaches Cocktail Party last year)

Melbourne Heart FC are in talks with Angelos Basinas the former 2004 European Champions winner. He's a proven leader & a winner, my opinion-I reckon he would great in defense with his experience, & crowd numbers would benefit with the Greek Community wanting to see him!

Jean Charles Dubois left mid season to South Melbourne then ended up going to Thailand no one has heard since.

I saw his agent post his highlights video to the Facebook page a few days ago.

I know that's not much, but it's just a small sign he hasn't completely fallen off the radar.

Source-J.V.S (at the Player/Coaches Cocktail Party last year)

Melbourne Heart FC are in talks with Angelos Basinas the former 2004 European Champions winner. He's a proven leader & a winner, my opinion-I reckon he would great in defense with his experience, & crowd numbers would benefit with the Greek Community wanting to see him!

even if he did talk to him, it was last year? and JVS came out and said the player the club is signing in January will be Australia based.

I do agree that signing a well known Greek international will be good for the club as there will be an increase in crowd numbers and interest from the community. Someone from the 2004 euro winning squad that will be able to give a good season would be great for the club and should definitely be looked at

Do you have a source?

Nothing on line or anything but my mate involved at the club just told me. Said he was introduced to the playing group before heading out to train. It is 100% because this mate would have had no idea who Reid was before today.

"Our second is, it's not that easy to say we want a player and get him in. It needs to be an Australian based player because an overseas player takes three or four weeks just to get the visa.

"It's about a domestic player we can do a swap with or maybe a trade in the window. We're active, we're talking to people but it's difficult." - Munn

Heart are also resigned to losing three players to the Olyroos in February as the national U23s continue on the road to London 2012.

One name mentioned as a possibility to come in is former Adelaide United midfielder Paul Reid, 32, who has been without a club since he was axed by former Adelaide coach Rini Coolen after last season.

The rest - http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/228859,hearts-transplant-woes-for-injured-fred.aspx

Edited by Buddy Farah

"

Reid to the Rescue for Red and Whites

By Aidan Ormond

Jan 17 2012 13:12

EXCLUSIVE: Former Adelaide United midfielder Paul Reid arrived this morning in Melbourne for talks with Heart and is poised to sign a deal with the red and whites.

With star player and club captain Fred out for four to six weeks and three players set for Olyroo duty, Melbourne Heart are in need of reinforcements.

Reid, 32, won an NSL title with Wollongong and played in the UK for a number of year before being part of the Reds successful ACL campaign of 2008.

Controversial Reds coach Rini Coolen got rid of Reid last season but now the player has the chance to resurrect his A-League career...

More to come

"

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/229033,reid-to-the-rescue-for-red-and-whites.aspx

Was unsure about Reid when I first heard him linked with Heart, but have now come to think he could be a real useful signing.

Reid didn't become a free agent because he stopped performing as a footballer but because of altercations with Rini Coolen. So I reckon he still can perform pretty well, he is a good passer and seems to be a midfield general, someone who provides leadership and direction in midfield (something I reckon we really lack without Fred). He could be a lucky break for us.

The only possible issue with Reid is fitness. I'm quietly confident he'll be serviceably fit though. Reid is an experienced professional and shouldn't of let himself become too unfit.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

Isn't Reid a defensive midfielder? You would think he's no more match fit than Germano or Shroj.

I think Reid is a midfielder we've signed based on experience and leadership. I don't think Thompson provides enough direction, or experienced direction, for other midfielders which is why we are getting the 32 year old Reid.

On Sarkies, I thought we were going to trade him for Wehrman:

"The A-League transfer window opens tomorrow and the Newcastle Jets have been manoeuvring behind the scenes to negotiate a trade for midfielder Kasey Wehrman."

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/hearts-sarkies-on-radar-for-jets/2420252.aspx?storypage=0

But my guess is we were only going to do that if we didn't get another midfielder. Since we got Paul Reid I reckon we won't go after Wehrman. Perhaps Sarkies will go at the end of the season anyway, possibly to Newcastle and we won't even get Wehrman, We'll have to wait and see.

I sort of hope Sarkies steps up now that we have multiple midfielders out and hope he wants to stay at the Heart and is given another contract. Think he could step up and be useful for us.

I Heard that he was training with the boys while they where checking his fitness levels & if he will take 4 or more weeks to get fit then we wont sign him,

dunno how true it is , just what i heard around the traps

He signed last night supposably. Same source that told me he was training yesterday etc.