Melbourne Football

Round 5: City V Brisbane Meow @ Suncorp 24 Nov 7:50pm

xXCiTyZeNXx

7 hours ago, citymad said:

One of the commentators on Fox said it best. We have far too many players who are of the same mould and playing style ie midfielders. 

Griffiths, Malik, caceras, brattan, mcgree, Baccus, Vidosic, Berenguer, and youth, Metcalfe, Lesiotis, Cavallo, Abduhahi... i am sure there are more. Yes i know they are a collection of 6. 8 and 10. But in essence all midfielders. 

What we need is the pacy go forward classic wingers and bruno back at 9. Plus someone playing 10 who is happy to provide him with service (ie not mcgee who only wants to score himself, not a bad thing but it puts a 9 out of form very quickly). O halloran injury replacement was another midfielder. A boring ball passing 6. we needed a winger. Yes i know that this has all been pointed out. But the fact is you cannot keep putting midfielders onto wing, or outside mid positions and expect to have an all out attacking style. An know i hear Joyce wants to keep Baccus. I am sorry but he needs to go along with Larocca and get a couple of wingers to give us some go forward. Joyce has this idea that midfielders are the most versatile players and i think his rational is that they have more utility purpose in a salary capped league. Joyce believes that, in this way, injuries and players loss of form will not impact on the team because all the players can play any role. That might have an element of truth. But the players will not be experts in the roles they are least familiar with. They might be functional, but functional doesn't threaten quality opposition and worry their defences. And it doesnt allow the players to express themselves in their most natural and skilled position. Joyce is providing us a mid table player selection. We will beat the minnows and be humiliated by the top teams. (who BTW always have their players in the best and preferred positions). 

we will finish 5th if we keep going down this track. And Joyce will go at the end of the year. 

Fifth? We should be so lucky. 

4 hours ago, johnno cpfc said:

AH well, there's always next week.

God help us. 

• Haha 1