Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Geelong wait till u play a real footy team like Collingwood

and then lets see if u are so hard to beat.

Lol

If you win maybe you can pretend its 2011... when both times you lost during the Season to Geelong you guys claimed that it would not matter in the end.

Then you lost the Grand Final. :droy:

• Like 1

Pies v Hawks going to be an absolute ripper and coming off 2 hard wins in the last 2 rounds and losing our big man Jolly I'm not really feeling like we will be winning but the addition of guys like Daisy and Beams means cunts like Stinkers can get dropped and people guys who have been relatively quiet will have to fight for a spot.

Hope Jolly & Heater are okay for Hawks game but unlikely

I thought they did pretty well against North to be honest, not the most polished performance, but some of the lesser lights are starting to look good.

Cant see how any premiership threat can be happy with beating Norf by 1 kick.

I dont see many Geelong Supporters claiming that we are real genuine Flag threat this season,

I am pretty sure most are aware that the blooding of the youngsters we saw a bit of in 2011 and a lot of last season will continue this season.

Only GWS fielded more debutants than us last season and our list is nowhere near one of the eldest in the League anymore.

People have just not noticed this change at the club because our experienced players like Taylor, Enright, Chapman and Bartel are so consistent that until now (Things could change quickly) we have been managing to keep close to the top sides even whilst playing untried kids.

Just would have thought after Geelongs recent success and after beating Hawthorn that the fans expectations would be a lot higher.

But Collingwood also only scraped through against North, so maybe Im not giving them the credit that they deserve. 

Wont change a thing imo. Niether will changing the coach. Comes down to this.. Melbourne have a list full of no names who shouldn't be playing AFL in the first place. Ther recruited disgustingly in the last 5 years and the only decent players are grossly overpaid. Soon the financial problems will really start to kick and we'll have another Fitzroy. Luckily for the demons the AFL wont let it happen.. Or atleast thats what they say.

Neeld needs to go, the guy looks bereft of ideas and his pre game speech was something I'd cringe at if it was made at amateur level. The whole footballing department should follow and they need to appoint someone like Paul Roos to oversee the whole footballing department and let him do whatever is needed.

Thier only hope is for a major cleanout and start fresh. There are plenty of guys playing at VFL/WAFL/SANFL level that could immediately walk in and be a major improvement on the players they already have.

Neeld needs to go, the guy looks bereft of ideas and his pre game speech was something I'd cringe at if it was made at amateur level. The whole footballing department should follow and they need to appoint someone like Paul Roos to oversee the whole footballing department and let him do whatever is needed.

Thier only hope is for a major cleanout and start fresh. There are plenty of guys playing at VFL/WAFL/SANFL level that could immediately walk in and be a major improvement on the players they already have.

Melbourne biggest problem is that it still has not had an identity since the 1960's, their own supporters saw this when they voted to Merge with Hawthorn in the 1990's.

Melbourne biggest problem is that it still has not had an identity since the 1960's, their own supporters saw this when they voted to Merge with Hawthorn in the 1990's.

Although I agree that there is an identity crisis happening, it would be remiss to say all supporters voted for it - in fact part of the reason the merger did not go ahead was because of the strong case put forward by a MFC members anti-merger campaign. I for one did all i could as a young man to voice my opinion that a merger would kill our identity completely.

We've been the laughing stock on and off the field for 25 years, it's gonna take more than sacking a figurehead many people have wanted sacked for years.

Although I agree that there is an identity crisis happening, it would be remiss to say all supporters voted for it - in fact part of the reason the merger did not go ahead was because of the strong case put forward by a MFC members anti-merger campaign. I for one did all i could as a young man to voice my opinion that a merger would kill our identity completely.

We've been the laughing stock on and off the field for 25 years, it's gonna take more than sacking a figurehead many people have wanted sacked for years.

I dont want to be harsh when we are talking about your Footy Club and not mine, but if the Hawks Members had voted "Yes" then the Merger would have occured that night.

IMO (And once again I know its not really my place) you should have merged as both clubs supporter bases were very similar at the time, I lived in the Inner Eastern Suburbs around then and you could see why it was suggested.

Mergers are not always as they seem when proposed this has been shown by Woodvile - West Torrens in the SANFL and The West Tigers have done fairly well at keeping tradtion going as well.

Yes that's true, i wasn't so much disputing the fact that the majority of supporters were 'for' the merger, more that it wasn't all of us and i do in some ways believe that the voice at the time helped disrupt the board's campaign for it.

As for whether a merger would have been beneficial, i guess hindsight is a magical thing! Although it's sad to see the club in this state when Hawthorn are faring a lot better, I personally am glad the club is still on its own but for how much longer we can sustain that i don't know.

The biggest problem for Melbourne is that now with Free Agency it makes it a hell of a lot harder to get out of this sitaution through the Early Draft Pick method that clubs like Carlton, Fremantle and of course St Kilda used ten years ago.

Edited by cadete

All you need is the following items:

Adidas Collingwood Tracksuit (Black and White and a touch of Red).

Large Bogan and Coke Can (Black and White and a touch of Red).

If pregnant Large Mother Can (Black and White and a touch of Red).

Edit - Also an Adihash Tee could help your cause.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

We've been the laughing stock on and off the field for 25 years, it's gonna take more than sacking a figurehead many people have wanted sacked for years. I dont want to be harsh when we are talking about your Footy Club and not mine, but if the Hawks Members had voted "Yes" then the Merger would have occured that night.

This is correct. The Hawthorn members prevented the merger and saved the club from completely losing its' identity. The merger proposition back in the 90s is one of the major reasons why Hawthorn has always had a very strong membership base ever since. I'm proud to say I was one of the members who voted against the merger, even though I was only two or so years old. Been a member ever since and that doesn't look to change anytime soon.

Bring back Ian Dicker!

• Like 1

Well you're welcome at the hawks, you almost became the hawks so you might as well.

Id probably support north too if the hawks folded, i have a soft spot for them and the doggies.

I knew a guy as a kid who as a die hard Swan, decided to jump on board the Lions...

Bloody unlucky bloke.

Well he wanted to support one of the smaller clubs and the Roys were fairly successful in the early 80’s and had some very exciting players.

I guess it’s like how when the Roys died in 1996, North Melbourne gained a significant amount of their support as they were the “smaller club” at the time seeing success.

Edited by cadete