Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Looks like Geelong are going to have to pull of huge effort to win tonight - Its so bloody annoying that these injuries hit us now.

No recognised Ruckman.  :angry:

And over half the side will not be Premiership Players.  :angry:

Had to get to this stage eventually. 

True - But this is not an indication of the Side that has played out the Season.

Yet again the Home and Away Season becomes more and more pointless with the amount of sides and games in the Final Series.

Looks like Geelong are going to have to pull of huge effort to win tonight - Its so bloody annoying that these injuries hit us now.

No recognised Ruckman.  :angry:

And over half the side will not be Premiership Players.  :angry:

Had to get to this stage eventually. 

True - But this is not an indication of the Side that has played out the Season.

Yet again the Home and Away Season becomes more and more pointless with the amount of sides and games in the Final Series.

The wank fest over North is pretty unjustified, you'll still win comfortably imo.

TTDIM: getting free tickets from Mick Martyn for tonight's game

Not surprising considering they had to knock 20% off tickets to make it look like a respectable crowd. haha. Well they'll get a shit crowd tonight either way IMO , all the cats fans saving up for the prelim

I really have to laugh at the Geelong hate on here.

This is a club that was on rock bottom in massive debt and the laughing stock of the AFL 15 years ago. From them a group of core administrators have turned the club around to arguably the strongest of this generation.

A recruitment team that is second to none. Never has Geelong had a top 5 draft pick. Continually we blood our own talent and develop them. Something that strangely most of you Heart fans were proud of in the clubs early years.

I personally never thought my team could have the success that ive been lucky enough to witness. Sadly, for most of you it will take a very long time for your club to have the same amount if ever at all.

Absolutely pissed that we couldnt pull off a comeback last night. But hey, fuck it's nice to see your club get off the canvas and make one almighty fight.

I laugh at the suggestion watch the cats fade away now. Look at tonight, an absolute full strength North side and we got within a kick and those nearing the end gave us very little tonight (enright, bartel and kelly). So bring back Christensen, Johnson, Simpson, Vardy potentially Menzel add a fit Motlop and it's a side that will scare every other team.

Good luck North though they've waited a while for this sort of success and congrats to Sam Gibson nice to see someone who gets so little recognition stand up on such a big stage

Edited by HeartinHobart
  • Like 2

This is a club that was on rock bottom in massive debt and the laughing stock of the AFL 15 years ago. From them a group of core administrators have turned the club around to arguably the strongest of this generation.

A recruitment team that is second to none. Never has Geelong had a top 5 draft pick. Continually we blood our own talent and develop them. Something that strangely most of you Heart fans were proud of in the clubs early years.

I personally never thought my team could have the success that ive been lucky enough to witness. Sadly, for most of you it will take a very long time for your club to have the same amount if ever at all.

Absolutely pissed that we couldnt pull off a comeback last night. But hey, fuck it's nice to see your club get off the canvas and make one almighty fight.

I laugh at the suggestion watch the cats fade away now. Look at tonight, an absolute full strength North side and we got within a kick and those nearing the end gave us very little tonight (enright, bartel and kelly). So bring back Christensen, Johnson, Simpson, Vardy potentially Menzel add a fit Motlop and it's a side that will scare every other team.

Good luck North though they've waited a while for this sort of success and congrats to Sam Gibson nice to see someone who gets so little recognition stand up on such a big stage

did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a

• Like 1

Surprised to see the only person who liked this post :up:  

Cats were a top 4 fraud this year, even when Collingwood was an average top 4 team in 2012 they managed to make the prelim. 

North will put up a better fight against Sydney next week than Geelong would have. 

Here's news for you buddy. Not all of us post looking for likes.

There were 5 teams that were clearly superior throughout the home and away season. Geelong was one of those. If we were lucky to finish top 4 that's debatable. I think we made it on merit.

Personally I don't bag out other sides to often, I'm not sure what you set against Geelong is though. Perhaps, its that they have had more success in the last 8 years then what Collingwood has had in nearly 60.

So how many clubs was it that passed over Hinkley? and how are they going? hmmmm

A great example of why the AFL needs to place more respect to successful coaches at the lower levels...

Hinkley proved he was a winner a long time ago at numerous Regional Clubs.

In American sport such form and talent would have been identified a lot earlier.

Wow! Super surprising. Can't imagine any suitable senior positions being vacated either... Possibly Melbourne might look into him as Roos's successor. Otherwise, I could imagine Collingwood being quite keen.

Hard to imagine considering we HAVE A COACH

I mean as a senior assistant. Don't worry I'm not a Buckley hater like Cad.

Wow! Super surprising. Can't imagine any suitable senior positions being vacated either... Possibly Melbourne might look into him as Roos's successor. Otherwise, I could imagine Collingwood being quite keen.

Hard to imagine considering we HAVE A COACH

"coach"  :hmm:  :lowy:

Edited by HeartFc

Hard to imagine considering we HAVE A COACH I mean as a senior assistant. Don't worry I'm not a Buckley hater like Cad.

Oh ok that's fair enough but he's pretty above being an assistant IMO