Melbourne Football

Ross Archibald

kingofhearts

What your touching on though is that Melling is purposefully out to harm players when he plays. I believe it's more that he is not afraid to put his body on the line for the sake of the team. That to me shows a high level of competitiveness, something our team has lacked since inception. We desperately need those players. Even Chapman has it as well, you could see his willingness to take Berisha on head to head during the derby. So I don't think anyone of our players have any malice in their games but that determination to play for the shirt.

Melling and Champman are just hungry. They're not some shit cunts enjoying an easy profession with good money but no hopes of ever really moving up who only play for a contract every couple of years (like most our team and most players in the league really). They know they can actually have a chance to be good footballers, and they have some confidence under their belt now, so they're out there giving 110% every game.

• Like 4

What your touching on though is that Melling is purposefully out to harm players when he plays. I believe it's more that he is not afraid to put his body on the line for the sake of the team. That to me shows a high level of competitiveness, something our team has lacked since inception. We desperately need those players. Even Chapman has it as well, you could see his willingness to take Berisha on head to head during the derby. So I don't think anyone of our players have any malice in their games but that determination to play for the shirt.

I'm not suggesting that all. That's your inference, not mine. What we don't want is for him to think that his only requirement is to be aggressive and forget what he is there to do. And at 19 if he is willing to put his body on the line then this is also fraught with danger. He needs to temper his enthusiasm/aggression with some prudence. The last thing any of us need is a young player with some career threatening injury, or one that puts him out for a season.

Apology if I misunderstood you but when you said ..."there is a difference between being constructively aggressive and being an out and out thug" I assumed you meant he wasn't being constructive he was being a thug.

For what it's worth has he actually committed a foul that has endangered anyone in the slightest? I think he has in your words been constructively aggressive, not including the elbow during the derby of course.

Edited by n i k o

Apology if I misunderstood you but when you said ..."there is a difference between being constructively aggressive and being an out and out thug" I assumed you meant he wasn't being constructive he was being a thug.

For what it's worth has he actually committed a foul that has endangered anyone in the slightest? I think he has in your words been constructively aggressive, not including the elbow during the derby of course.

I frankly don't worry about what he does to other players as much as what he does to himself. I think he is a great kid. I just don't want to see him throw all caution to the wind and end up hurting himself. 

He was lucky about the elbow. Should have been marched. It was no accident. Then his reputation would have been set and regardless of any other good things he would do in the future he would have been marked as a "bad guy".

• 2 months later...

Was talking to some of the parents at one of our NPL games and was told that Ross didn't take kindly to Symeoy being taken to Dubai over him and basically cracked it and walked on the club.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

Unfortunately he is not going to make it as a footballer. I don't think he'll even be able to cut it in the NPL. I hope he is studying or has some other back up plan, most of these kids do, so he should be alright. At least he can say he played a few A-League games.

Dat feel when never falling for #yoof hype.

Sincerely wish him all the best on his future endeavours, just like I do Jeremy Walker, Sam Michinson, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 months later...